Chapter 3: Purchases and Prizes
165 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Allen's POV

It seemed everyone bought something different as we all said what we were gonna buy beforehand to try some of it out. Jonathan and Jack decided to buy from the food menu spending around 35 Tickets each while Tina and I who had the bigger amount would buy the drinks, though Tina personally wanted to buy Mist Ice for herself and that she did. Each of us getting fruit punch while she bought the Mist Ice. 

Soon we had a wide assortment of food and drink, a large "Pizza" That we were sharing and a bunch of odd looking cups that we could drink from. The fruit punch drink was super sweet but not bad while Tina herself commented on the Mist Ice. 

"It tastes like I am drinking really light cold water. Like it's really clear and like the perfect type of water. I like it a lot, are we going to try out some more games?"

Jack agrees, "Yeah, none of the games so far were dangerous, and I never even felt any danger when we were battling skeletons too."

I respond,"Sure, lets try to get as many tickets as we can."

And that we did, playing all sorts of games and ended up having a really good time, totally forgetting why we were here in the first place, soon we get a last notification. 

You have spent all of your tokens and will soon be sent to the prize corner. Hold on to everything as you get transferred.

As soon as the notification ended a white magic circle appeared under all of our feet. We grabbed all of our belongings and waited for the so called transfer. After the bright light faded we were all standing in a small room with three doors labeled:

{Rides}

{Prize Corner}

{Restaurant}

We were all curious to the other options but we all ended up going to the one we were the most anxious, the {Prize Corner}. We stepped through the door and there was a corridor leading to a a medium sized room with a counter similar to the ones in the adventurers guild but it was clear and had a bunch of little toys in it, but on the wall behind there was a bunch of items that made us all gape at the wall, until the person standing behind the counter yelled for our attention.

"Hey!!"

I stopped drooling and looked at the person shouting. He looked like a young middle aged man who was waving his hands at us.

"Uh sir what is this place?" Tina was the first to ask as usual, she was quick on the uptake. 

"This is my prize corner if you pay me the appropriate tickets you can buy these items!" The man responded with a smile. 

"Yeah but all of those items that you are selling are expensive! I mean some of the ones on the top shelves are things barely heard about even in myths!" Jack said still in awe. 

All the man responded was with "Well, this is a special arcade of mine... So what would you like to buy?"

We looked over the items and the amount of tickets we had, each of us had around 500 tickets some a little more some less as we had bought some of the snacks earlier. We could totally not afford some of the prices on the shelf but we checked the tickets and got a comprihensive list of what we could buy. 

%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%

[Health/Stamina/Mana] Potions (Inferior/Normal): 50 - 200 TP

Enchanted Weapons (Melee): 250 TP

Melee Skills: 500 TP

Enchanted Weapons (Magic): 300 TP

Magic Skills: 600 TP

Orb of Mana: 1000 TP

Stamina Bonus: 1500 TP

Iron Heart: 2000 TP

Dragon Heart: 5000 TP

(Hidden): 10000 TP

%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%|%

We all had enough to get either the Melee Skills, Enchanted Weapons, and the Potions, that was until the person behind the counter butted in with some advice.

"You can do two things with your tickets, either give them to someone else and share a prize, or you can save them for later for when you have more tickets to use them."

This time Johnathan asked something."So we can combine our tickets to get a bigger prize?" 

"You can though sharing the prize would reduce its effects, its a good idea to exchange your tickets for a big ticket and come back for more. "

"Big Ticket?" Jack asked

"A big ticket is about the size of your palm and it records all of the tickets you have on hand for future use. That way you can get more tokens to play more games, leading to more tickets to spend later, its what we arcades commonly call 'Save up for a bigger prize'."

I see, so my team and I talked about what we were going to do next. 

"I say we should save our tickets and battle more skeletons," Said Tina, I could tell she wanted to have more fun here but i started to remember our reason for coming here.

"We should go back and report to the guild, we have been here for quite awhile they might have though we died or something."

Everyone remembered what we had come here for when I said that. They all looked contemplative about what to do next but Tina was kinda pushy about staying. 

"Yeah well if they think we died they will postpone another search of this place and we can continue to farm this place that no one knows about." It was a very convincing argument and we decided to get enough tokens to got a weapon and magic skill, so around a thousand tickets. We thanked the person at the counter and asked where could we earn more tokens.

"Oh if you leave through that door you can choose to either go back to the beginning and fight to get more tokens. oh and another thing if you go to the third level you can battle to get 100 tokens instead of just 50, but you might get defeated and sent to the beginning with the tokens you have."

I was curious to how he knew this stuff so I asked, and got an unexpected response. 

"Oh I am the Dungeon Keeper. That's why I know, did you like my games?"

My group goes back to gaping at him. He was the the Dungeon Keeper! Normally the dungeon keepers are powerful monsters! He looked just like us, except in a weird bit of clothing, that was dark orange and red. We should try to kill him but he has been so nice to us and technically we are the exploration group not subjugation, so using that loophole we don't have to kill him. 

Suddenly jack speaks up, "We should buy a few stamina potions to battle for longer." We all agreed and bought two each and as they were the most expensive potions we were left with around 200 Tickets left. We walked towards the door and found ourselves in the familiar cavern with a gate at our back but we knew that this place wasn't as dangerous as we thought, and started fighting more skeletons too. 

7