Chapter 19 | Lyla
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You asked him to adopt you?” I asked, flabbergasted.

“I did,” James smiled, something that looked good on him.

“Guys,” Raymond interjected. “Focus,”

“Right, other people like us,” I said. “You said you’ve talked to others?”

“Yes, and from around here. I’m thinking we should contact them in case something like this happens again,”

“Next time, we'll talk to them,” James argued. “Something I should’ve done with Tom,”

I looked over at him and smiled. He came a long way from a few days ago. When he woke up from being hurt, it seemed he was hellbent on revenge. I was happy to see that he was past that.

“Where do we start?” I asked.

“Here, one of them sent a distress signal a week ago, but then rescinded it not long after. Maybe it’s nothing, but we should check,”

“Then we will, together,” I said. I looked at James.

“Together,” He confirmed. James nodded his head towards the door. I nodded back and followed him forward. We walked outside into the snow, which had fallen more in the last couple of days.

“So, you sticking around?” He asked.

“What does together mean to you?” I said. He grinned again, his head dropping to the ground. I looked away, then gathered the courage to do what I had been thinking. I rushed forward and kissed James. He recoiled back for a second, then reciprocated the kiss. We stood there, in the cold and wind. Maybe the whole vigilante thing wasn’t all that bad.

0