4. Healer!
988 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I laid back on the bench and paid no attention to the current match, but perked back up as the group of spoiled rich kids brought Arisa in.

“Volatis!” Arisa shouted, passing through the doors of the resting area then falling forward. Her hands and knees banged the floor as the one who pushed her erupted into laughter. I stood, maintaining my balance, and walked over to help her up. “Two useless no-mage filth! You two were meant for each other.”

“Are you alright? Did they do anything to you?” I looked Arisa in her eyes, concerned they might have done something awful to her.

“No, but you’re so hurt. You need a healer!” Tears rolled down Arisa’s face as she examined my wounds.

“It’s not enough to stop us from escaping. Are you ready?” Arisa was finally back in my protection and there was nothing to worry about now.

“No, heal first, then we can escape. Please Volatis, let me get the healer.” I didn’t let her finish whispering back to me.

I was infuriated that both of us were in this situation, but more so that they dragged her into it. Unfortunately, my daggers were taken by the arena staff at the end of matches. I didn’t have my own pair, and the staff held onto them until I needed to compete.

I made a dash forward and sent a double palm strike at the kid who tripped Arisa. He propelled into the bully behind him and both went crashing to the ground. There were six remaining to deal with. A few of them activated their mana shields and tried to keep their distance. I closed the gap and knocked out two others, breaking directly through and shattering their mana shields like glass.

The remaining four had enough time to focus their magic. Each fired a ranged blast of their specialty. Water, earth, fire, and-- too slow! I easily predicted their trajectories and dodged to the side, charging to finish them off.

My mind concocted various scenarios that revolved around Arisa and I, escaping to the city of Avalon. We would leave behind this awful town to start a new life together, a better one. At least, I was hoping to, until only a singular confused thought remained.

‘Why am I falling?’

My body wouldn’t respond to any attempts at movement. I completely ignored the initial onset of pain as lightning magic coursed through my entire being and static dispersed from my limbs.

The sound of light footsteps approached from behind. Clear white sandals entered my view, and I was unable to accept who they belonged to.

“Arisa, why?” The question fumbled off my lips as I laid convulsing on the floor.

Some more stealth edits!

16