26. New Beginning
383 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes, thanks to you.” I replied truthfully and watched the blissful smile form on her face. Now that she was awake, both of us got up from the bed.

I heard the shower water run and was greeted by Tessa. “Good morning, master. Eris has ordered room service for us; your food is here.” Tessa guided and seated me at the table.

It looked like Eris already finished eating and in the shower now. A similar scene from before brought me to a halt, turning my head to look at both Alexa and Tessa. They stood at my side by the table waiting for me to eat first.

“Eat with me. Stop just staring, both of you.” They were acting exactly like Eris the first time.

“Master, we will wait until you finish before starting.”

I almost wanted to let them do as they pleased from how persuasive they sounded. “I will never treat you as slaves. To me, you will be companions and I’ll never force you to do something you don’t want to. Like I said before, all I demand is your absolute trust and faith in me. Ah, also there’s no need to call me master, my name’s just fine.” That sounded cool, right? I’m glad Eris wasn’t here so I wouldn’t have to see her sigh.

“Thank you. We will be in your care, master.” Alexa took the initiative to sit down and Tessa followed suit. “Thanks for the food, master.”

I thought I told them not to call me master but didn’t make myself clear enough it seemed? Thinking, I let it go as we ate our meal together, talking about the plan for today. We needed to solve our housing issue. It was important to handle first before buying extra equipment in case money became a problem.

We ended up taking a small detour from feeling uneasy being out in public. Both of Tessa’s and Alexa’s attire mainly consisted of a lot of revealing and skimpy clothing. No doubt to entice paying customers. It felt appropriate to buy them some new clothes and since Veera mentioned her store having a clothing section it was decided.

The sign posted outside the store lit up with “Monster Hunters Inc.” It mirrored a large warehouse with any and everything a hunter would need out on their travels. Her business was larger than previously thought as multiple chains carried the same name across Illnor.

A store clerk employee greeted us as we entered. I asked if Veera happened to be in today and luckily, she was taking care of some business here. The store clerk went to let Veera know of our visit as we looked around. The equipment on display looked decent, but then my attention turned to a familiar-looking cart. It was an exact model of the one Veera brought with us on our monster hunt.

“Don’t you dare think about buying that. I won’t sell it to you!” Veera shouted, then laughed as she approached me.

“We will need it unless you can join us bright and early tomorrow for some more hunts.” I felt happy to see her and hoped she could join us again.

“I’ll be waiting at the outpost.” Veera smiled.

“Good, we need our money cart and a portable shower.” I continued to joke with her.

“Aiyah..., What brings you here today? Need anything or did you miss me that much?” Veera brushed her fingers through her long silky black hair as she teased.

We’d be here all day at this rate so I got straight to the point. “The two of them need clothes. Can you help them for me, please?” I pointed and had Alexa and Tessa introduce themselves.

“Wow, you went and got yourself some beautiful slaves. Making a harem or something?” Veera stated, and I thought she was talking to me at first until Eris responded. “Despicable and perverted master.”

Veera giggled at Eris’s blunt statement. I wondered when she would stop being upset with me as I didn’t rebuke her.

“This way you two.” Veera cheerfully helped with picking out clothes for them.

“Eris you too. Go with them and get some clothes for yourself too.” I hoped this would lighten her moon as I gently nudged her forward.

“Thanks, Maaassteerr-.” Eris intentionally elongated each and every letter as she went to join them. The smile on her face meant my master plan succeeded.

Taking my time to look around alone was refreshing. Most of the weapons and armor were expensive and high-grade tier qualities. Looks like I’ll be visiting here more often once I’m rolling in riches.

11