47. Home Again
285 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome back, master!” Alexa and Tessa greeted us as we entered through the freight garage door. “We have food heated on the table for the two of you.” She pointed as Tessa went over to check on Eris.

My feet felt like a million bricks and my body as if it had gone through a tenderizer. I accessed the ring and plopped the bag loose onto the ground. My body almost followed the momentum before Alexa caught my hand in hers. Her other arm maintaining my balance at my hip. “Thanks…” The exhaustion hit like an express train. I didn’t realize how bad it was until back home. All I wanted to do was eat, shower, and pass out but felt like that was asking for too much.

“Master, please follow me, Tessa and I will handle the bag later. You need to eat and rest.” Alexa guided me over to the table, her hand felt soft and warm. Her eyes were serious and I couldn’t figure out what she was thinking. Part of me remembered the nightmare and quickly shook away the fright, sitting in the chair she pulled out.

I never wanted to get up and my body might not even let me after feeling so comfortable. Just imagining how amazing the bed would feel was motivation enough. My mind wandered back to how I shared the bed with Alexa, without realizing my hands shoveled food into my stomach.

“Careful, take your time master.” As if on queue, I coughed and Alexa handed over a glass full of water. I made eye contact after my brief coughing fit, unable to stare into her tempting emerald colored eyes. 

The water was drained from the glass as my cheeks heated up. Alexa placed a hand on my cheek after refilling my cup, shifting up to my forehead. “Your face is extremely hot. Are you okay, master?” A tinge of worry seeped into her words and she bent closer to my head.

“I just need a shower and sleep.” I spoke fast, unable to handle the coddling and mostly the captivating sight. “Could you help me to the shower, my legs feel like jelly?”

“Of course, master!” Finishing off the plate of food I took her hand as she gave her shoulder to use. I finally realized that she was actually taller than me by an inch or two.

By the time we had reached the shower my body was feeling better. It seemed the food had done some good. I hopped in and turned on the showerhead. I was lucky we had the plumbers come by and install a magic heater for our water. It ran off a condensed fire core, reminding me a lot of the similarities to beast cores.

I melted in the cozy hot shower as steam billowed out of the bathroom, mainly due to forgetting to turn on the ventilation. Good thing a pair of fresh clothes were prepared for me on the counter. I wouldn’t have to walk around worried Alexa might see my junk flailing about.

The most beautiful sight was in front of me. The soft silky smooth bed that accepted my face warmly. I plopped onto the bed and had the deepest sleep I’ve had in a long time.

Light shined through the cracks of the curtains, irritating me awake. I moved around cautiously in case Alexa was here. It seemed she let me sleep in today and must be doing other stuff around the house. I’ll have to remind them to get some blackout curtains for the rooms in case our sleep schedule is erratic.

I started relying on them for the chores and taking care of the home. I felt bad having them do menial tasks, but that was sort of the point of buying slaves. I was not treating them like one and if it was anyone else, I know they would most likely have a tougher time. I tried to rationalize my way out of bed and get ready for the day.

I was to meet up with Mia at Pizzahunt in two days. So, I have to figure out what to do with the issue of reforcers that are coming after me. My initial goal was to create a dojo like Sage Kingdom, but I don’t need the included publicity. Buying more slaves to train to be the core members will be the start of increasing my power. Also giving use for all the reward equipment I’ve inherited. I rubbed the ring with my fingers, envisioning arming everyone to the brim with full battle gear.

I walked downstairs to the living area to see what everyone was up to and also see if anyone wanted to come along to process the sales. To acquire more money for another visit to the slave market and Marcus again. I checked in with Tessa as she told me about how all three of them finished the training regimen I provided and to my surprise, Eris also participated even though she was just as worn out from last night. Thinking about it now I don’t believe any of the three would enjoy going back to the slave market regardless of the reason.

As for the sale of monster parts Tessa said she contacted Vera and that she was on her way here and would arrive shortly. Alexa mentioned how she wanted to come along with me to the slave market while Eris and Tessa did not show much interest. I asked if Alexa would be okay going back and that if it brought back any bad memories, she didn’t have to force herself. It looked like my worries were unnecessary and she actually missed seeing a few people back there. She may even help in the choosing process, so I’m glad she came along. Plus, I’d feel uncomfortable over there alone.

Vera was let in by Tessa and I was happy to see her back to her upbeat personality. Just like before, she bought all the monster parts from us and the total for four carts crammed into three minus the dead bandit’s loot was thirty-two emerald coins. Tessa was working with Eris in selling the deceased bandit’s items and they said we could expect roughly one emerald coin for it all. I was surprised it equaled that little of an amount, but my guess was that it was hard to resell stolen goods.

“Vera, you’re my ray of sunshine in this desolate world.” I smiled as she handed over a small drawstring coin purse.

“Oh yeah? Then give me back the money!” She sarcastically replied as I avoided her snatching grasp.

“All joking aside, Vera. Could you take a look at something for me, please?” I’d shown everyone else some of the battle gear from within the ring earlier and I wanted to know their value.

“These sets of gear could you appraise them?” Out of all the equipment, there were five distinct sets that consisted of the majority of them and a few individual ones that must be super rare. To be safe I only took out the five common gear sets and decided against taking out any of the weapons. I also found that each set had a note, listing the minimum ki level or magic equivalent required to use them. 

Eris and I tried on each of them with no problem, but when I handed it over to others it was a different outcome. Tessa was only able to wear the first most basic set whereas Alexa could only don the third-best set. They were unable to move at all in a higher tier set as if it had a mind of its own and didn’t think them worthy.

“How in the world did you get yourself a crazy ring like that not even shortly after learning their existence! Wait, does that mean you won’t need my carts anymore?” Vera was frantic and I wanted to calm her mind.

“Can’t really say much about the ring, but it does help with not needing to bring backpacks or carts anymore. Also, don’t worry you’re my favorite. I’ll only sell to you from now on.” I enjoyed teasing Vera as she nonchalantly played along with me.

“These sets of armor are fully reinforced magic metals. I’m not too sure what they are made out of and can’t quite put a finger on the exact price. This one though.” She pointed to the plainest one out of the bunch.

“It’s the lowest grade out of the five sets and it could easily exceed several ruby coins.” She kept inspecting the armor while I was confused.

“Ruby coins? Is that a lot?” I was clueless when it came to currency, especially high-value coins.

Vera cocked her head, thinking it was strange I even had to ask though continued on with an explanation without prying. “One ruby coin is worth one-hundred emerald coins. Then after that comes the jade coin which is worth one-thousand ruby coins.” I feel like she added that last tidbit of information just for my benefit in the future.

I mulled over the prospects of selling one or even a couple of the gear sets for money. I felt bad that they were given to be used and not sold. Just one or two shouldn’t hurt, plus I’d need much more money if I wanted to grow in power from here on out.

“Last favor, if I handed over two sets of the one you appraised would you be able to sell them on an auction for me. Of course, I’ll give you a piece of the cut for your help.” Delight filled her face as we negotiated on a seven percent cut for the items sold in the auction.

I left Vera to handle it from there and put the rest of the battle gear back into the ring. I glanced over at Alexa and she took the cue, that it was time to depart for the slave district. I set aside twelve coins which left us twenty emerald coins to spend. I wondered how many slaves it could buy and also motivated me to find someone that could handle our finances in the future.

Thank you, patrons: Ajesco

If anyone is interested in beta reading, please join the discord. Need some simple feedback on possible story holes, parts that were slow, and parts that were good. Slots are limited and will give access to all the chapters typed so far, minus the NSFW ones. Thanks, everyone!

Also just a heads up you can read 1 chapter ahead on my Patreon for free. It will be released to the public as soon as a new chapter drops on this site. To make it easier to find, just filter posts to "Public".

7