52. Fun and Games
233 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at the magical related clothing section. They had a wide range of performance-enhancing effects with self-cleaning automatically placed on each piece as the base template. Then we found several sets of outfits hanging from racks. These had quite a few effects imbued onto them. The combination of magic called state origin. It made sure that the item would always be in the same state it was when created. 

This meant whenever the piece of the fabric was torn or destroyed it would revert to its original appearance with a supply of mana. Each item had a quality rating with the more expensive ones being near indestructible, though usually there had to be something left over to infuse mana into for the process to work.

The nasty matter about Eris’s current cloak was that it only had enhanced durability and any blood or guts absorbed onto it would remain there. It was why it hurt seeing her shove the cloak into the backpack after being flattened by the Ape. I selected a couple of the higher quality outfit sets and laid them across a table. They had the same convenient feature as the rings, so I didn’t have to worry about any fitting issues with Eris.

“Which do you think looks best?” I wanted to hear Rhea’s opinion since I wasn’t the best judge of fashion, especially for women.

She chose a light blue one-piece dress with a pair of black thigh-high combat boots that attached to the one piece. It had matching ornaments on the belt, neck, and sternum. The dress was shoulderless and wrapped around the wearer's neck. I envisioned how stunning Eris would look as she became fully developed in certain areas.

“This one is pretty and will also be okay to wear in combat.” I had to agree with Rhea. Whoever designed this did an outstanding job.

“I agree with you. I really hope she likes it. Now, let’s find some clothes for you and head back before it gets too late.” I put the outfit into our shopping bag and followed after Rhea.

She found several outfits to try on. They all focused on an improved version of the resizing enchantment. The details were very flexible to the point that even if she shapeshifted into a smaller or larger form, it would alter accordingly to tailor fit the user without looking weird. She came out of the dressing room with the first outfit on to show me. I was waiting around and didn’t expect her to ask my opinion, but figured it was only fair since I asked for help with Eris’s outfit.

She was wearing a standard lightweight battle outfit. The material looked like skin-tight leather that allowed the body full range of motion. The tight-fitting figure and brown patterned designs would camouflage her pretty well amongst the trees. “It looks comfortable.” I didn’t know what to say since it was combat gear.

Rhea lowered her head and went back to change again. I wondered if I did something wrong to upset her somehow. The next outfit she comes out with I’ll make sure to offer better praise. I sat down in a nearby chair, the ones they provide for lost souls like myself.

I was looking elsewhere when she exited the dressing room. She was bent over resting a hand on her breast with the other set on her thigh. “Do you like it?” Rhea spoke softly.

I tilted my head in confusion without responding. It wasn’t that I was perplexed by the situation, but that I noticed something very different. The outfit was meant for casual or even worked as formal wear. The short skirt gave emphasis to her slender legs. The low cut top attracted my eyes to her cleavage. The overall outfit wasn’t the issue.

She had used her magic to shapeshift. Her legs were longer and her smooth skin shined as if lotion was just applied to them. Everything reminded me of Alexa and her physique, even down to the breasts. Nevermind, those were noticeably larger. I felt like she was using Alexa as a baseline for my ideal woman. She wasn't exactly wrong, but I didn’t know whether to feel grateful or worried that she may have self-esteem issues regarding her body image.

“Rhea, are you okay? Why did you feel the need to use magic?” I decided to be blunt about it.

“Oh um…, I thought you might enjoy a bit of diversity. Not good?” Rhea’s voice was embarrassed and it was even more apparent by her softer tone the more she spoke.

“Good? You’re extremely gorgeous. I was only afraid you thought I didn’t like how you looked originally when you showed me the first outfit.” Rhea cheered up from my words, providing some relief.

“So no magic then?” Rhea teased once she understood my thoughts.

“I’ll leave that up to you.” I sighed as she made a show out of the walk back into the dressing room. I swear she took extra steps to prolong the amount of time it took for her to reach past the curtains.

She changed into four more different types of outfits, making sure to alter her physical contours with each one. The thought of her strategically settling on her physical form and facial features each time to figure out my tastes was somewhat alarming.  It was pretty obvious to tell as she changed up her poses, maintaining eye contact to watch for any reactions. 

I wasn’t expecting this kind of side from Rhea. I did my best to maintain a poker face with similar levels of praise for each time she reappeared. Though I’m sure she realized the slight differences, regardless of my efforts.

Thank you, patrons: Ajesco

Been doing some edits to the beginning chapters. I've gotten up to chapter 7 and still have more to go. I guess that is the nature of the beast when it comes to web novels lol. As mentioned earlier in a previous chapter. Chapter releases will be following the designated schedule on the summary. If I can churn out another chapter tomorrow, I'll be sure to post one as an extra.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, regardless if it may be harsh. I can take the hits, anything to help improve! lol

You can read 1 chapter ahead on my Patreon for free. It will be released to the public as soon as a new chapter drops on this site. To make it easier to find, just filter posts to "Public".

9