40-Snacks
509 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After blessing the potions, I leaned back to take a break. The basement of the guild was never crowded, but at this hour of the morning, there was no one but me. I looked down the stairs to the minus second floor that I was not allowed to go.

Well, actually, no one told me not to go, but the message of the chains and locks were clear. After calculating for a second what I could gain and lose, I gave up the idea of sneak peeking. It would be foolish to risk my only source of income just to satisfy my curiosity.

I visualized the {shop} section of the system. ''What are you looking for?'' The fox asked.

Something to keep me warm at night, I thought but I was too lazy to answer the fox. It could find my answer in my mind. The dialogue was a healthier form of communication, and we usually used it, but using the light element to bless the potions made me tired mentally.

''Why bother yourself to buy? Pick some guy to warm you up,'' The fox said.

I can't sleep with someone else besides me, I thought loudly. There was a difference between a thought being on the surface of your mind and being in deep, the fox wasn't able to sense my deeper thoughts.

Smirking, I added a fox fur to the cart. My grin widened when I heard the fox muttering uncomfortably. Since I wasn't planning to settle permanently, I eliminated the quilt and heater options.

I was remembering how my body temperature dropped when I'm dying and then warmed up again thanks to the succubus core. Still, I had to periodically borrow warmth from others, which led me to think that losing heat would worsen my condition.

Other than the annoying fox, the main reason I decided to buy the fur was runes on it. It was clear that the cold that caused it to snow even in summer was not a normal cold. It was probably an effect of the ice demons that inhabited the forest their home.

I headed to the room where teleportation formation kept and got a notification when I typed its number as location.

{Dear guild members, please consider that this teleportation formation is a public one and we are able to know what you purchased!}

''I wonder if someone bought poison or something,'' The fox said.

''...I don't think so.''

With that notification, I noticed something missing from the leather bag. Miran took the beads with her, glad to she discovered a new kink, but what about the rabbit?

''Did I leave the rabbit at the hotel?'' I frowned. Sighing, decided to back to the hotel for now. It could be dangerous.

The fur belonged to a red demonic fox and it was up to my ankles. I got out of the guild with a satisfied smile which caused by not being cold anymore and started looking for my prey.

The plan was simple. The town was full of soldiers, and I'll get as close to them as I could, look at their thoughts on the surface without going deep, and try to take a few drops of their energy.

I didn't think a few drops would be enough to feed me, but if I did this all day, I probably wouldn't need to be fed at the end of the day. It was like spending the day eating snacks instead of eating a single main meal, it wasn't healthy, but that's what I need now.

I did as planned on the first few soldiers, called the light for disguising to approach patrolling couples, and took a look at their minds. Then I found an exceptional thought and decided to search further. ''Tightening the security for the meeting...'' Unfortunately, the mind of the soldier was one of the strong ones.

I focused on his partner and tried to control him and it was a success. He was curious about the last changes in his schedule, ''Do you know what's going on lately? I supposed to be free for a few nights but the commander say that I must be on duty because of emergency,'' I made him ask.

The other one nodded, ''According to the latest report, some info about a meeting leaked and we're tightening the security for the meeting. They are expecting an attack and they will turn it into a trap. I guess only your troop will stay in town,'' The elder one said.

Have I been exposed? But no, if they knew it was me, I'd imprisoned already. It must be someone else, or they must have suspicions but no clue or evidence. The only troop that stays in town... I frowned.

Finally, I decided to memorize the patrol zone of the soldier who will be on duty on the night of the full moon and follow him after his shift is over. If I could find out which troop he is in, I could have been able to gain a strong influence on a few soldiers in the troop until the full moon.

''You can use this chance to complete the level-up mission,'' The fox said.

''How?'' I asked.

''That sweet nun of yours, she seemed to have a special interest in soldiers,'' It said.

8