46-VII Cleopatra
539 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw a little girl running into her father's study in a residence I knew well. She had wrapped herself in a blanket and she had shoulder-length braids, with little blades in the shape of a golden cobra head at the end of each braid. ''Dad!'' She yelled as she climbing into his father's lap, who was sitting in his study.

''Tell me a story dad,'' the little girl said.

The man looked up from the book he was reading and turned to his daughter, ''Kleo, it's bedtime,'' He said. His hair was getting graying and his beard was braided. He was in a gold embroidered black robe. It wasn't in the color of gold, it was embroidered from real gold.

''Bedtime is after storytime. If you don't tell a story, bedtime will never come,'' Kleo said.

Her father sighed deeply with a surrendered smile, ''What story do you want to listen to?''

''I want to listen pharaoh queen! She has Kleo's name,'' The little girl said.

Her father put the book in his hand on his desk and cleared his throat, ''Well if you want so. Cleopatra is not a name, it is a title given to female pharaohs, but when it's mentioned, Cleopatra VII comes to mind first. There are many reasons why she is still remembered while her predecessors have been forgotten,'' He said.

He took a cigar from his desk and a lighter appeared in his hand, it was black in color and carved in the shape of a dragon. The lighter disappeared when he ignited the tip of the cigar as if it's magic. ''According to stories, she spoke seven languages and was one of the most skilled healers of her generation.''

''Dad, you suck at telling stories,'' Kleo giggled.

''Oh? Am I boring you, young lady? Did you know that Cleopatra married her two brothers in order to preserve their noble lineage because of her father's last will, and later seduced Jul Caesar and made Marcus Antonious fall in love with her?'' He took a long breath of his cigar.

''Married her brothers? Eww,'' Kleo frowned and curled her lips in a way that will become a habit years later. ''Now it's my turn to tell a story,'' She said.

Her father raised his eyebrows in surprise, ''Oh? Go on,'' he said.

Six-year-old Kleo raised her chin and smirked, ''This is a story about a dragon who gave my dad his fire after he went through tough life and death confrontations.''

When the grey haired man heard that he burst into laughter, ''Okaay, tell your story,'' He said.

Warm drops were running from my face when I opened my eyes. I wiped my face, ''Tears?'' How long has it been since I last cried? I got up from the bed and looked at the rising sun. ''That old mansion... It was my father's secret place. I'm sure nobody else knows about its location. If I can get there...''

''What happens if you get there?'' The fox interrupted my thoughts.

I looked at the tiny furry figure. ''It's not something you to worry about,'' I said. ''Leave me alone now. I will meditate.'' I sat with my legs crossed and straightened my spine. I imagined a candle fire in front of me, its light reflecting off my skin and my body glowing in the dark.

Then, I imagined a candle fire behind me, it was warming my back and protecting me from hidden attacks. One candle was on my right and one on my left, one below me and one above me. I was in a dark void with nothing but candles and myself.

Finally, I focused on my root chakra and imagined a fire to purify and clear my channels. Sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and finally the crown chakra. I repeated the same ritual for each chakra.

When I felt that I was ready, I slowly stood up and stretched my body. I made every move with painful slowness to perform more accurately. I could hear the fox whining, but I did my best to ignore it.

I had practiced some muay thai and some jujutsu before, but I could feel my body still not as strong as I wanted. After doing some balance, flexibility, and strength exercises, I decided to call it a day.

''I missed my bathroom,'' I said in sweat. After a few seconds of thinking, I decided to borrow Adele's bathroom and then headed to the guild. I had finished making potions we agreed on, but we were still working with Hermes on new recipes and investments.

In the basement of the guild three queen bee antennas were on the desk, ''I have an idea,'' I said. ''Much easier way than having my target drink potions.''

''What is that?'' The fox asked.

''If I mix it with a few herbs and turn it into a tobacco, the people next to me will be affected as I smoke,'' I said. ''I used incense before while meditating. It will be on a similar principle.''

''If you are breathing the same thing, who decides who is the queen and who is the worker bee?'' The fox asked.

''Mindset and preparedness, plus the antidote, of course.'' I heard footsteps and the fox disappeared.

''Ah,'' Hermes said. ''Our dear healer is here, how are the experiments going?'' He asked.

''I have a few promising recipes,'' I said. ''Any news about branding?''

He smiled and I knew I would hear good news. Hermes wasn't very good at hiding his feelings, but he was honest and brave. ''Congratulations on your brand new upcoming trademark 'Secret Garden'. Luckily, the owner of the rights to the name went bankrupt last year,'' He said.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling, 'My brand fox, my brand!' I screamed in my mind. ''Thanks for your help, I could never do it on my own,'' I said.

''It's okay. Just keep giving the guild a discount.'' He laughed and left.

I happily headed to the room where the teleportation formation was to buy myself a gift to celebrate my new investment. ''Lame,'' The fox said. ''You don't even have a lover or friend to buy you gifts. What will you buy?''

I rolled my eyes, ''Eyeliner. It looks both beautiful and if you spend enough money it will protect your eyes from illusions and make it difficult for your prey to escape from your eyes,'' I said.

''A very favorable choice considering the path you choose,'' The fox said.

After purchased a product named 'fox eyes' and applied it, I was returning to the lab absolutely without any ulterior motives when I heard a noise from the stairs going down to the lower floor. I took a few steps to hear better, after all, someone might have been asking for help, right?

''I'm sure I locked the door. I swear. Someone must be broke into here,'' I heard a male voice. It was familiar but I just couldn't figure out whose it was.

''Ah, Ian.'' It was Hermes who said that, ''Couldn't you just forgot to lock it?''

Ian? Memories came back when I was trying to figure out when I did hear this name before. ''Damn fairy magic,'' I cursed silently.

''Humans... You idiots,'' I heard Ian's angry voice.

''Loo-'' Hermes started his sentence but could not finish it. I've seen this trick before. I cursed and headed to the lab to reach somewhere away here as soon as possible.

9