51-Winner
386 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Maniac violence addict,' I thought but I didn't dare to say it out loud. He was still standing in the doorway with tears running down his eyes, grinning as he listened carefully to hear the next move.

There was no way I could make him move with force. If I wanted to pass him, I had to find a way for him to leave the door voluntarily. I turned off the quiet walking feature of the boots and took a few obvious steps. After swinging the whip, I hesitated enough to let him catch it.

He caught it as I hoped. I tried to pull the whip back but he was much stronger than me. When he pulled the whip, I had to take a step toward him. He stumbled when I suddenly let go of the whip. I took a few noisy steps towards the window and switched the boots quiet mode again after throwing the dagger at the window and making it break.

''Fuck,'' he said and headed to the window, as I run towards the door. I had to run around to avoid getting in his way, but eventually, I reached the door. Just as I stepped out of the room, I felt a hand on my waist.

''Got you,'' I heard Ender's voice.

''Damn space bending,'' I turned and tried to hit his stomach with my elbow, but he caught my hand. I gritted my teeth, how the hell did he do this when he could see nothing?

He grabbed me and took me back into the room. I punched and kicked, but it was useless. He dropped me on the bed as if I had no weight. ''Now, heal my eyes before I get angry,'' he said.

I sighed and bit my lips, ''I hate to lose.'' I could feel the tears filling in my eyes, though I prevented my voice from trembling and wiped away my tears before letting them flow.

''Why did you ran away?'' His voice was softer now. Maybe I was lying to myself when I said my voice wasn't trembling.

My hurt throat prevented me from answering, and I wasn't sure what to say either. ''I knew it,'' the fox said. ''Trauma.'' I ignored it and touched Ender's hand to heal his arm. The fact that he was not bleeding did not mean that he wasn't hurt from the blow.

''Light, help me to heal him from the hurt I gave him,'' and please help me to calm my heart down, I added silently. After calming down with the help of light, ''I need to touch your face for your eyes,'' I said.

''You didn't need it before,'' he said in a suspicious voice.

''Nowadays we don't get along with light,'' and the opportunity to touch your skin will not hurt, I thought.

He got sit, ''If it's like this when you can't get along I don't want to see what you can do when you get along.'' I put my hand on his face and started to heal his eyes slowly, so slowly.

I close my eyes and tried to find his desires, unlike other people, I couldn't smell his desires in the air. Still, the fog that I had seen covering his heart before was no longer there. Maybe being the winner made even him careless. Maybe he had a soft spot for crying girls.

''How did you know what I was trying to do?'' I said, hoping to distract some more.

''It was obvious. I suddenly started to hear the stepping sounds when I wasn't able to hear them before. Besides, I know you're not stupid enough to think you can escape me like this.''

''Pride is a sin Ender,'' I said. He laughed quietly and took my hands away from his face. He blinked a few times and looked around, bloodshot eyes had made him even scarier than before. ''You rarely use the space element when you fight because you can't, or to protect the surprise element?''

''Now, now I shouldn't reveal that Kleo, should I?''

''Call me Sora,'' I said.

He shrugged his shoulders, ''Whatever you want. Will you tell me what happened that made you give up your name?'' he asked. He took my silence as an answer and didn't ask a third time.

I didn't know how to break the uncomfortable silence that fell over the room. ''Will you tell me your real name?'' I asked.

Laughing, ''Touche,'' he said. I felt a notification coming from the system with a strange touch in my mind. Someone might have texted, but I don't have many friends these days.

In wonder, I realized that I was happy that Ender found me. He might not have been exactly my friend, but he was the only familiar face I had seen so far. Plus, he wasn't after me, which was comforting news.

''What exactly do you want me to do?'' I said.

''Do whatever you used to do for now.'' He got up, ''I have things to do. I will come here to find you when I need to. Don't even think about running away, darling, because I'd find you eventually and I wouldn't be as nice as this time.''

I watched him as left the room and closed the door. Looking at the broken window, couldn't help sighing. The cold wind was hovering around the room. Would it stop if I asked? I was feeling too tired to try.

It was only in the afternoon and I was feeling sleepy. ''I guess the light is angry at me that I'm a demon. I get tired too quickly while using it,'' I murmured.

''Still better than leaving you completely. You may want to check your notifications,'' the fox said. I was too tired to ask what it means or to argue so I did what it said.

{Someone is doing a ritual to summon you. The ritual will be completed within 12 minutes. Remaining time: 00:04:25}

...huh?

*****

Check Patreon for more free chapters and consider supporting the story if you liked it and would like to read chapters early. 

8