Seen it all today no different
130 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Jack POV]

The time leading up to the qualifiers was a landslide of constant combat and training, after my upgrade to Viper Leo was me and the team heading to various public areas to fight in active combat against random people to get ready for the unpredictability of fighting the challengers.

We would swap who was controlling during each fight so that David can train his own skill to fight and then swap back to me so that i can improve my fighting skill, there was so much freaking fighting some of my dreams where filled with unending hordes of mobile suits.

I started to think i would go insane and almost decided to drop out but then i remembered that being able to fight mechs was kinda a rare chance and felt like i would be stepping on the dreams of my past self by turning down a chance for a gundam fight, so i continued to train and fight.

It of course was not all victory and painbows there were times where the opponent was just overpowering, one of the main rules in Gunpla was that almost everything was alloyed as long as the other party allowed it such as using large mobile suits, i found out that i have a real difficulty of taking control of larger suits.

Some times i can get them to trip up or shift their attacks but i could not take full control of them, also they are really durable and their attacks are devastating so of course my focus was on fighting them a lot that defiantly did not mess me up for a few nights at all.

I still tend to have trouble with controlling my funnels but while training i found out that David could control them while i had control of the body which added more options so we had added two small carriers on the back of my legs added 4 more funnels each making a total of 16.

The mounted Dobers and shields and the 3 mounted rifles added to my body can be detached to reduce weight or to be used as hand held weapons and the last ranged weapon i have is the Gatling Gouf shield and is mounted on my right forearm so that i could still hold a saber in my hand.

My melee weapon options are not that many i have two beam sabers along with the claws on my left hand but i could always try and beat the mess out of somebody with my bare fists and if that don't work just assume control, which may sound cheap but hey if somebody came and you with a laser sword you would not want to be stabbed either. 

But at least i get breaks though they are mostly on the weekends i spend my time watching music videos or memes, you might be surprised but most of the memes that are around are just more advanced versions of the memes from my world so there was not that much i needed to adjust to.

One of the most upsetting things about being a living action figure is that i can't play any non turn based games but at least i can play games, it would be so much easier if i could just assume control of his laptop or controller but i guess it can't be that easy also note of advice XCOM does not get easier with your size.

And im never left out on movie night but we tend to skip sci fi stuff and i also managed to trick them into watching made in abyss which was a great pleasure for me not so much for them, i tend to get asked the question of 'how does it feel to be a ghost' and i always reply with 'Haunting' its a running joke between us though they don't get my skinsuit reference so i fear the worst from my beloved game.

Back to fighting, as i had said before i have been in some really interesting battles a man had created a heavy arms but with missile battery's
inside and outside of it and it had one of those giant Oni maces with it and it beat me into the dirt in close range and in ranged combat.

i only won when its missiles 'accidently; tracked the wrong target mid fight and set off a chain reaction and we could not find out why, cheap i know but had to be done but i needed to add more ammo for my ballistic weapons when i know if i will be fighting a missile platform again since i can't really dodge them all the time.

_____
[Sunday 12:30]

Enough of all that for today is the qualifiers i am walking in ghost form behind David Colly and Mike, this Sunday all around the world people are fighting for a place in the tournament to show that their skill and their Gunpla are the best and we are going to join them.

It first starts with what schools want to compete and how many teams in that school since there can be many schools around who want to compete to represent there block in the tournament, i had skipped over some of the road to here but we had managed to beat our fellow classmate's in the choosing and we managed to crush two other schools in our general area and so today we fight the last one for our place.

We walk into the gymnasium of the rival school and in front sits a giant arena board and across it is on the other side stands the rival team consisting of two girls 1 boy not that it matters we will crush them just like the ones before they are no different so unless they have a trump they are done for. 

There is a commentator speaking about that since we are the last two school standing this will be the battle that decides who gets into the grant tournament, its weird really in my past life if i had a chance to be here and fight for the championship and stuff with my own Gunpla i would have been ecstatic and act as protag as possible but i feel oddly numb to the situation. 

The field comes to life as the particles are dispersed all around it after the announcer finished speaking, the robot AI says 'Please set your GP Base' and all players log theirs in and then it speaks again 'Please set your Gunpla' and all players set their Gunpla and i assume control of Viper.

"Field 26 Jaboro"-AI announcer 

With that said i am launched into the underground to my left is Mike piloting a road warrior master gundam with a double bladed beam scythe with a red hue and on my right is Colly piloting a Sazabi going for Midrange today instead of pure sniper.

We decide to split up and cover more ground since we don't know where they are, we all rush off in different directions taking different roads to track our targets, David is controlling my funnels and patrolling the areas we have reached yet to make things easier for us to manage so we don't walk into any traps.

One of my funnels catch's one of them setting up a snipping position in Mikes path so David and Mike make a plan to blast his gun and have Mike rush him so while they do that i hide in a corner and use my funnels to blast the guy attacking Colly to give her the advantage.

As im sitting there i see a deathscythe walk past me none the wiser heading to help his friends i bet so i assume control of him while he is walking past me and he starts talking to his friends that he can't control his suit or see what's causing the problem so i just take the scythe and plant it in his own guts and turn it on killing the deathscythe.

After he died i went to go help Colly who is still fighting her target and David is helping Mike using the rest of my funnels, i arrive to find Colly missing a large amount of her armor and her right arm and her opponent looks way better then her, a Doven wolf just missing a shoulder and its shield with some blast marks and scars from my funnels when i was using them.

He has his back to me while he is beating Colly into the dirt so i rush up from behind and dropkick him sending him tumbling around before he used his boosters to pick himself back up but Colly its him with and strafing run from her funnels and i unleash Chaos with my mounted weapons and beam rifle.

Under such firepower from the two of us stunlocking him into the ground it was a easy battle but i did not stop after he fell, i walk over to his body and rip off his right arm and wave it Colly's face ' A gift for my lady' we both share a small laugh before taking it and breaking it over the head of our fallen foe and then heading to check on Mike.

Mike and David had put the work in on this guy as soon as we walked up behind them Mike finished her off like he was Gehrman, he only had light scaring, and that little altercation that gets us a place in the tournament we say our goodbyes and they take a trip to get some fast food and take a ride home.

"It was simpler then i thought it would be"-David
"yeah but im glad it was imagine if we had to fight somebody with alot of skill"-Mike
"I mostly just zoned out while fighting"-Jack
"Well if some of the older contestants from before get in it will be much harder to get a good score"-Colly
We sat and spoke about how to prepare even more for the championship but seeing as we would just be doing what we already did we just decided not to worry about it and chill out until the day, we all already have rides there so we don't need to worry about that either, i just hope this ends well.

[Chapter ended]
Hey thanks for reading, i know i probably could have made this chapter better but not every battle has to be super involving and challenging since not everybody that is fought is a super hero or protag but i did not really have any way to improve it.

2