Chapter 9
2.2k 8 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Xiao Ning left, Xiao Yan was no longer in a mood to wander in the market. The small episode with Jia Lei Ao increased his thirst for power. Although he was calm enough not to fall for Jia Lei Ao's provocation; yet, Xiao Yan felt uncomfortable after Xiao Ning handled the matter.

Moreover, Xiao Ning's strength had shocked him. He had never seen any Dou Disciple fighting evenly against a Dou Practitioner. In the next few minutes, he collected all of the materials listed by his teacher.

Xiao Xun Er saw that Xiao Yan was a bit absent-minded; she pouted and unhappily said, "Is brother Xiao Yan still thinking about Jia Lei Ao & Xiao Ning?"

Xiao Yan was startled; he coughed lightly to cover up his embarrassment and thought to himself, 'How can this girl always guess so accurately?'

Xiao Yan said, "Yes."

Xun Er also nodded; a mischievous light flashed in her eyes and added, "Big brother Xiao Ning's strength is out of the ordinary."  Usually, she would encourage and motivate him, yet right now, Xun Er did the opposite.

After hearing Xun Er's words, Xiao Yan's body stiffened for a moment, a tinge of sadness appeared in his eyes, and he replied, "Xun Er, you really think so?" Before she could speak, an elderly voice sounded in Xiao Yan's mind, "Stupid brat, this doll is teasing you."

Xiao Yan was surprised; he secretly glanced from the corner of his eyes and saw that Xun Er's face had an amusing smile. Xiao Yan's face restored his previous calm; he said, "Xun Er, are you having fun after teasing me?"

Xiao Xun Er pouted and said, "Who asked you to ignore me?"  As the number one genius of Xiao Clan, she always remains calm and composed. There was always an indifferent smile on her face as if nothing in this world was worth her attention. It was only in front of Xiao Yan that she would act like a little girl.

Only now did Xiao Yan realized his mistake and said, "Now! Now! Xun Er, let's go and eat." After hearing his words, a sweet smile appeared on her face, and she said, "Okay."

'Sigh!' Xiao Yan carefully closed the door of his room and took a deep breath. He realized one point today, never be distracted in front of Xun Er. He cautiously took out the material from the storage ring and placed it on the table.

'Ahh!' As Xiao yan turned around, he screamed after seeing Yao Chen's illusionary figure floating in the room. Xiao Yan patted his chest, took a deep breath, and bitterly said, "Teacher, can you at least let me know when you come out of the ring?"

Yao Lao glared at Xiao Yan and said, "Okay, tell me, what is going on in your mind?"  Xiao Yan's face turned serious, and he asked, "Teacher did Xiao Ning displayed all of his strength?"

Yao Lao stroked his chin, thought for a moment, and said, "Yes, Xiao Ning tried his best." After hearing this, Xiao Yan became silent for a moment, after which he asked, "Teacher, can a Dou Disciple really beat Dou Practitioner?"

Yao Lao laughed and said, "Little brat, who told you that Xiao Ning won? I agree that his physical strength is on par with a Dou Practitioner, but he is still a little worse." He understood Xiao Yan's dilemma and added, "Don't think about small things. The world is big, and there are many wonders in it. Xiao Ning might have gotten lucky and ate some natural treasure which increased his physical strength."

Xiao Yan nodded and didn't think much about it. In any case, he was already a Dou Practitioner three years ago, which in itself was proof of his talent.

......

Time flowed like water, and in the blink of an eye, six months had passed since Xiao Ning returned from the market.

Over the last six months, Xiao Ning cultivated like a madman. Apart from attending to his bodily needs, Xiao Ning did not even visit his grandfather.

On the Elder's order, a servent would daily bring the food to his room. Only Old Li, Xiao Ning's attendant, accompanied him.

Since that day, Old Li changed the wooden stick to an iron one. Moreover, there was a sheen of light every time Old Li hit Xiao Ning with it. It's just Xiao Ning never noticed it.

After a day of enduring the iron stick, Xiao Ning's body was covered in bruises. Moreover, it was almost impossible to tell whether the scar was a fresh or old one. Every day, he would endure the sticks and sleep at night.

......

'Hiss!' After a day's training, Xiao Ning walked with difficulty and crawled into the wooden tub. Naturally, it was Old Li who had prepared the bathing water for him.

After the training, Xiao Ning never applied the medicinal paste that surprised Old Li, but the latter asked him. Nor did Xiao Ning explain anything to him. Both of them had a tactic understanding.

As soon as Xiao Ning entered the tub, he fainted. His mind and body were already at the limit. Even Yao Lao would be scared after seeing Xiao Ning's condition. Apart from the skin injuries, there were tears in his muscles and microscopic fractures in his bones.

At this moment, a green glow appeared all over his body. Like a haze, it covered Xiao Ning's body. The remaining Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva within his body started showing its effect.

The green sheen covered every single part of Xiao Ning's body from inside out. Soon, under Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva's effect, his body started to change.

It seemed that Xiao Ning only swallowed the Bodhisattva Body Transformation Saliva in the past, and it was only at this moment that he thoroughly refined this heavenly treasure.

His skin, muscles, bones, organs, and Qi Path started strengthened significantly. At the same time, all of his injuries healed. If Xiao Ning were awake, he would be surprised to find out that his skin became fairer and his height increased by a few centimeters.

After an unknown period of time, the green sheen faded, as if it was never there in the first place. "Finally, it's over. This brat is really daring, to play with his life like this." A black shadow, who stood outside Xiao Ning's room muttered to himself.

"Ugh!" As the first ray of sunlight entered the room, Xiao Ning woke up from his slumber. He looked around and muttered, "Huh! I again slept in the tub."

 

Note -

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

31