Chapter 22
1.6k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence & Shock were the appropriate words to describe everyone’s response after hearing Xiao Ning’s result.

Xiao Zhan and the three elder’s stood up from their seat, and a complicated expression appeared on their faces. On one side, they were excited to see such a genius appeared in their clan; yet, a past incident made them sigh.

“Xiao Zhan, don’t make the same mistake this time.” Xiao Ning’s grandfather spoke from the side.

Xiao Zhan nodded, yet his gaze remained on Xiao Ning, and no one knew what he was thinking.

......

Xiao Mei, who looked forward to Xiao Ning’s result, had an incredible expression on her face. She rubbed her eyes to confirm whether she hallucinated.

‘Cousin Xiao Ning is so strong,’ she thought to herself.

......

Similarly, Xiao Yan and Xun Er also had their eyes widened.

‘How can Xiao Ning cultivate so quickly? Did he consume a pill?’ One after another, questions emerged in Xun Er’s mind. She looked at the young boy’s face from the corner of her eyes, and a worried expression appeared on her face.

“Brother Xiao Yan, I am confident that you will become even stronger.” Xun Er placed her hand on his shoulder and spoke in a charming voice.

Xiao Yan’s body shook after hearing her words; he smiled and nodded. 

After reassuring Xun Er, Xiao Yan spoke to Yao Lao in his mind, “Teacher!”

Ever since his encounter with the mysterious man, Yao Lao stayed in the black ring, and he would only come out when Xiao Yan called him.

After hearing Xiao Yan’s voice, Yao Lao asked back, “What happened, Xiao Yan?”

“Teacher, how did Xiao Ning improve so quickly?” Xiao Yan spoke in his mind.

‘Huh! That brat became 2-star Dou Practitioner.’ A trace of surprise appeared in his eyes. ‘His foundation is robust,’ Yao Lao mused after he glanced at Xiao Ning.

Suddenly he thought of the mysterious man and connected Xiao Ning with him, but the next second, he shook his head and muttered, “No, that is not possible. If it were him, then this brat would have broken through Dou Master realm.”

“Xiao Yan, don’t worry; who said that only you could have a fortuitous encounter? After you break through the Dou Practitioner realm, I will teach you that special Dou Qi method.” Yao Lao educated him.

After hearing his teacher’s words, Xiao Yan’s agitation faded away.

......

“Xiao Yan!” The examiner called out Xiao Yan’s name.

Hearing his name, Xiao Yan snapped out of his thoughts and walked towards the Dou Qi tester. He placed his palm on the black monument and injected his Dou Qi.

The blue-robed man looked at the black monument and announced Xiao Yan’s result, “Xiao Yan, 7-star Dou Disciple.” He reverted to his indifferent tone.

Originally, Xiao Yan’s result of raising his cultivation base by 4-stars was bound to shock everyone, yet, after looking at Xiao Ning’s result, they did not even bother to react.

Even though Xiao Yan got used to everyone’s ridicule, yet he couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed. Xiao Yan shrugged his shoulders and went back to his spot.

......

‘Ah, so much of my time wasted,’ Xiao Ning lamented in his heart. He would rather cultivate or lazy around than attend another one of these meetings.

“It would take at least a few days for me to break through the next stage.” He muttered.

Suddenly his eyes flashed, and Xiao Ning thought, ‘It is time to practice alchemy.’ He took out the alchemy scroll, placed it on the table, and started searching for a suitable medicinal pill that an amateur like him could dare to refine.

As his eyes scanned through a part of the scroll, Xiao Ning stopped after reading, ‘Blood Coagulating Powder.’

‘Isn’t this Yao Lao’s formulated medicinal elixir?’ He thought to himself, yet the other instant, Xiao Ning shook his head.

‘How could Yao Lao’s alchemy scroll appear in Jia Ma Empire? It may be some other alchemist who may have found out the recipe.’ Xiao Ning came up with an explanation.

“Anyway, this has nothing to do with me. My current priority should be successfully refining ‘Blood Coagulating Powder’ before the ‘Age Ceremony’ next month.” Xiao Ning talked to himself.

He read the recipe," Blood Coagulating Powder: Blood Clotting grass, Lively fruit, and two poppy flowers." Suddenly Xiao Ning patted his head, “I also need a medicine cauldron.”

After confirming the ingredients, Xiao Ning cautiously put the scroll back in his storage ring.

......

Xiao Ning absentmindedly walked out of the Xiao Clan and headed towards Wu Tan City. He glanced at the heap of gold coins in his storage ring, and a smile appeared on his face, ‘I don’t know about other things, but gold would be the last thing I would ever lack.’

Xiao Ning did not dare to expose the wealth he inherited from his father, as it would cause a bloodbath in Wu Tan City. Before entering the city, he transferred a sizeable amount into a black card.

Soon, he entered the city. Xiao Ning’s first choice was to purchase the material from the market, but later, he rejected this option.

He needed a large number of medicinal ingredients, which may not be available on the market. Second, purchasing from the market would alert the three major clans of Wu Tan City, and it is the last thing Xiao Ning wanted.

......

Xiao Ning walked into Primer Auction House as if it was his house. Almost all the workers recognized him.

As one maid stepped forward, Xiao Ning waved his hand and said, “Don’t worry about me; you continue with your work.” Without waiting for the maid to answer, he walked up the stairs.

After the last time, their relationship improved, and Xiao Ning entered her room without knocking on the door and saw that no one was inside.

Xiao Ning casually lied down on her bed and waited for Ya Fei to return. Anyway, he was not in a hurry.

 

Note - For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

21