Chapter 63
1.3k 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Xi Yian panicked and anxiously looked at unconscious Xiao Ning in her arms. 

Only after seeing him breathing evenly did her worried heart settled down. 

"What a big fool," Xi Yian murmured while she hugged him even tighter. 

In her eyes, Xiao Ning was a monster-level genius. Yet, Xi Yian couldn't understand why did Xiao Ning push himself beyond his limits. 

She looked at him sleeping peacefully and imagine the burden on his shoulders that he carried alone. 

Suddenly, a dangerous aura surged from deep within her, and a purple light flashed in her eyes. Xi Yian muttered, "Whoever forced him is dammed." 

The next instant, the aura vanished as if it never existed, and Xi Yian recovered her previous serenity. 

Even though Xiao Ning was unconscious, his body instinctively reacted to the aura released by Xi Yian. 

"No one can hurt you!" Xiao Ning unconsciously mumbled, raised his arms, and hugged her back. 

He unknowingly placed his head on her chest, and a smirk appeared on his face. 

"Huh!" Xi Yian was taken aback by this sudden change, and before she could react, she felt his warm breath on her chest. 

Xi Yian's mind became blank, and her lovely face turned red like an apple. 

If Xiao Xi Yian hadn't seen for herself, she would have thought that Xiao Ning was taking advantage of her. 

The next instant, she reacted and swiftly placed Xiao Ning on the ground. She took a deep breath and patted her chest in relief, but the redness on her face proved otherwise. 

......

Soon, Xiao Ning woke up, the splitting pain in his head caused him to groan. Xiao Ning helplessly massaged his forehead. 

His voice attracted Xi Yian's attention, who was sitting nearby and cultivating her Dou Qi.

"How are you feeling?" She came closer and asked in a soft voice. 

Xiao Ning's heart softened after seeing the worry in her eyes. He smiled and said, "I am alright." 

Under her worried gaze, Xiao Ning stood up and stretched his body. The next moment, his gaze stopped on the medicinal cauldron. 

Xiao Ning slowly stepped forward and appeared in front of the cauldron. He raised his right arm covered in green-gold Dou Qi and casually flicked it. 

A round pill shot out from the cauldron and rested in his palm. Xiao Ning closed his palm and smiled after feeling the residual heat released by the pill in his hand. 

Xiao Ning grinned; even with his stable mentality, he could not hide his excitement. 

How could he? Xiao Ning's alchemy skills increased tremendously. In such a short period, he rose from a second-tier alchemist to a fourth-tier alchemist. 

While a Dou Grandmaster can refine a fourth rank pill, but it is easier said than done. 

Every tier represents a new concept and requires the corresponding strength, technique, and in-depth knowledge of medicinal ingredients. 

Moreover, unlike Dou Qi cultivation, alchemy is a profession that requires more hard work and dedication. Even more how, without a teacher, no one can succeed. 

Most importantly, the practice of alchemy requires resources, and many can not afford it. 

An ordinary Dou Grandmaster can refine a third-tier pill, and only monster-level geniuses could refine a fourth rank pill in the later stages of Dou Grandmaster cultivation. 

Yet, Xiao Ning, after stabilizing his cultivation level, chose straight to polish his alchemy skills. He practiced and taught Xi Yian at the same time. 

Even then, it did not hinder Xiao Ning from progressing to the next level. 

In a few days, he easily refined third rank pills, and at present, he succeeded in refining a tier four pill. 

Even though Xiao Ning only refined the lowest quality rank 4 Beast Strength Pill; yet, it still counts as a fourth-tier pill. 

Xiao Ning's progress speed was an unrepeatable feat. 

His current achievement was due to the mysterious alchemy scroll and also the fact that he never slackened his practice. 

Xiao Ning not only read the knowledge corresponding to the first and second-tier, but he also started learning and comprehending the complex information relevant to the subsequent two tiers. 

It's just that his Dou Qi cultivation and mental strength were not up to the mark. 

Now that he has succeeded the first time, the subsequent process will only be more effortless. 

#

Xiao Ning carefully put the pill in a jade bottle and cautiously stored it in his storage ring. 

He looked around and sighed, "If it weren't for the abundance of herbs in the valley, I would have consumed a lot of resources." After thinking of this, his head started aching. 

Xiao Ning collected his cauldron, turned around, smiled at Xi Yian, and said, "Success." 

In return, a lovely smile formed on her face. Even though she couldn't become an alchemist, Xi Yian was genuinely happy for him, especially now that they had already determined their relation. 

After chatting for a while, they separated and returned to their rooms. 

Xiao Ning hurriedly sat down cross-legged and started comprehending the sentiment he felt while concocting the pill. 

He barely succeeded this time and wanted to consolidate his progress. After a while, Xiao Ning woke up, and his eyes shined brightly, and he improved again. 

Xiao Ning noted that there was still room for improvement in his fire control; secondly, his current cauldron limited his abilities. A suitable medicinal cauldron would increase his rate of success by thirty percent. 

He shook his head and did not continue to think about it. Xiao Ning had to consider other issues as well; he couldn't just blindly pursue alchemy equivalent strength was also necessary. 

Yao Lao's example was already in front of him. A ninth-tier Alchemist Guru couldn't escape the fate of being chased by others. 

He glanced at the Dou Technique scroll in his storage ring and thought whether or not to practice it. It contained the technique, 'Lion's Fury' practiced by the clan leader of the Xiao Clan. 

Suddenly, Xiao Ning patted his head, scolded himself for being stupid, and decisively abandoned this technique. Practicing it would consume a lot of time and wouldn't have any significant effect on his strength. 

A mere Black Grade Dou Technique was not worthy for Xiao Ning to consume his precious time. 

If people knew his thoughts, they would unite to chase Xiao Ning down to the ends of the Dou Qi continent. Unfortunately, no one knew about his ideas. 

Xiao Ning was not a fool and chose not to practice the Black grade Dou Technique because he had a better choice. 

He remembered that there was still an un-graded Dou Technique in his possession which he could practice. 

The legacy Dou Technique 'Myriad Budha Hands' came together with his Qi Method 'Battle Budha Art.' 

Moreover, considering the uniqueness of his Qi Method, Xiao Ning was convinced that 'Myriad Budha Hands' would also be extraordinary. 

14