Chapter 79
838 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a very fulfilling day for both of them. Even Xi Yian, who loved to live with simplicity, went on a shopping spree. It was an eye-opener for Xiao Ning. 

As the sun began to set, they found a suitable hotel, paid for the room, and walked up the stairs. Xi Yian's face blushed as they entered the room. Even though they had confirmed their feelings for each other, still, it was the first time they shared a room. Even in the valley, they had separate straw huts. 

Xiao Ning noticed the awkwardness; he turned his head and saw her blushing face. A smirk formed on his face; Xiao Ning took a big step and stood in front of her. 

Xi Yian's face turned even redder as she felt his warm breath on her cheeks. She lowered her head and closed her eyes. Xi Yian's breathing became rapid, and her mind was in chaos. 

She seemed to think of something, her body shook, and she stood like this for a while. After a few moments, Xi Yian sensed an abnormality curious; she nervously opened her to look. 

Her eyes widened in surprise after looking at Xiao Ning, who was already sat cross-legged on the bed and began meditating. 

A doubtful look appeared on her face, and Xi Yian thought whether her charm had decreased. After a few seconds, she sighed lightly and did not continue to think much about it. 

Her previous nervousness had faded away; Xi Yian also sat on the opposite corner of the bed and began meditating. 

......

On the other hand, Xiao Ning had no idea what was going on in her mind. He barely controlled the evil fire within him and swiftly closed his eyes and entered the meditative state. 

Xiao Ning didn't change his nature, but he couldn't harm her because of his desire. Xi Yian's woeful poison physique is a time bomb that could set off at any moment. 

He was not just greedy for her body; instead, he genuinely cared for Xi Yian. Unfortunately, before solving the flaw of her physique, they couldn't do that step. 

'It is time to breakthrough,' Xiao Ning discarded the random thoughts; he adjusted his status and looked at the red orbs in his storage ring. 

Even though it has not been a long time since he had stepped into the 2-star Dou Grandmaster realm; yet, due to various reasons, Xiao Ning's cultivation not only stabilized, it also showed signs of breaking through. 

If not for his deliberate control; Xiao Ning would have entered the 3-star Dou Grandmaster realm ages ago. 

The next instant, the storage ring on Xiao Ning's finger lit up, and a red orb appeared in his hand. He made the strange hand sign and started absorbing the energy within it. After the energy entered his body, it began to revolve according to the 'Battle Budha Art.' 

As the refined energy entered his Qi Cyclone, Xiao Ning heard a muffled noise from within, and his Qi Cyclone began spinning rapidly. The Dou Qi crystal within the cyclone also revolved swiftly, and it began to swallow the energy. 

Xiao Ning naturally felt the changes happening inside his body, and another red orb appeared in his empty hand. A vast amount of energy poured into his body, entered his Qi Pathways, and followed the complicated route of 'Battle Budha Art.' In the end, his dou qi crystal engulfed the refined energy. 

One after another, Xiao Ning continued to absorb the red orbs he obtained from the trial. After consuming four red orbs, his dou qi crystal stopped devouring energy. Xiao Ning felt that his dou qi crystal had saturated and could not absorb any more energy. 

The next instant, he heard a sound akin to glass breaking, and his dou qi crystal slowly expanded in size. A smile formed on Xiao Ning's face as he broke through the 3-star Dou Grandmaster realm. The dou qi crystal released dou qi droplets to refine his body once again. 

Xiao Ning did not get up after breaking through; instead, he remained seated and meditated for the rest of the night.  

......

As the rays of the sun passed through the window and shone on Xiao Ning's face, he slowly opened his eyes. With the golden light in his eyes and coupled with his handsome face, Xiao Ning looked no less than an immortal. 

Xi Yian, who woke up at this moment, happened to see this scene, and her lovely face blushed. 

Xiao Ning, who was enjoying the warmth of the sun, felt her gaze; he withdrew his gaze from the window, turned around, and asked, "What's wrong?" 

Xi Yian, who was lost in her fantasies, returned back to reality and panicked. Her face became even redder, and she muttered in a voice only audible to herself, "It is all your fault." 

She shook her head, swiftly got out of the bed, and rushed into the bathroom. Although Xiao Ning did not figure out what happened; yet, it did not stop him from smiling after seeing her actions. 

After a while, they walked out of the room wearing new clothes. The duo headed down and looked for a suitable place to have breakfast. On the way, Xiao Ning asked a passerby about the alchemist association's location. After all, he only came here to get an alchemist badge. 

Soon, they entered a restaurant and ordered food to eat. Xiao Ning took out a gold coin, handed it to the waiter, and said, "Tell me what is going on in the city." 

The waiter's eyes shone after looking at the gold coin in his hand. He became even more respectful towards Xiao Ning and began speaking. 

After listening to the waiter, Xiao Ning had a better understanding of Black Rock City. 'It seems that I have come at the right time,' Xiao Ning thought as he ate food. 

Soon, they finished eating and walked out of the restaurant after paying the money. Xiao Ning held Xi Yian's soft hand and walked through the crowded streets. 

After a while, they stopped in front of a uniquely designed building. Yet, what attracted Xiao Ning's attention was a black-robed boy with a broad ruler on his back. 

Xiao Ning blurted out in a voice audible to himself, "Xiao Yan." 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

13