Chapter 81
898 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Except for Xi Yian, the rest of them looked towards Xiao Ning as they have had seen a ghost. The shock in their eyes was self-evident. 

Grandmaster Ao Tuo took a deep breath and forced himself to calm down. Yet, he clenched his fist and asked, "Young friend, are you really here to get tested for third-tier alchemist badge?" 

Xiao Ning felt nervous after seeing the weird glow in the old man's eyes. He even felt a little funny in his heart. 'Fortunately, I didn't tell them that I could even try the fourth-tier test,' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. 

He looked around from the corner of his eyes and spoke calmly, "Yes, Grandmaster Ao Tuo." 

"Good, good, good!" Ao Tuo excitedly blurted out good three times. 

At this moment, the young girl accompanying him came forward and said, "Teacher!" She held his arm and pouted. 

Ao Tuo slapped his head and said, "Young friend, according to the procedure, you will have to obtain the first-tier badge; only then can you attempt the next rank test." 

He patted the young girl's head and continued, "She is my disciple Lin Fei; she is also here to test for the first-tier alchemist." 

Even though Ao Tuo didn't say anything; yet, Xiao Ning clearly understood the latter's intentions. 

Xiao Ning smiled lightly and held Xi Yian's slender hand. Firstly he politely declined Ao Tuo, and secondly, he calmed Xi Yian. 

He knew Xi Yian always wanted to be an alchemist; yet, her fate didn't allow so. It was because of this that she started feeling nervous as Ao Tuo introduced his disciple. 

......

Ao Tuo glanced at the young couple holding hands; he laughed and did not continue to insist. He looked around and said, "Let's go." 

After that, under his guidance, everyone including, Xiao Yan, entered the building. 

Ao Tuo didn't stop Xiao Yan because he felt there was something strange about him; moreover, after seeing Xiao Ning, he was more sure of his intuition.

......

As they walked in, a maid quickly came and greeted everyone. Ao Tuo pointed at Xiao Ning, Xiao Yan, and said, "Register their information; I will personally take them to the testing hall." 

The attendant didn't dare to delay; she swiftly took out a yellow paper and recorded their information. 

Soon, she finished recording their details and escorted Xi Yian to a guest room. Others followed Ao Tuo towards the test hall. 

......

As the four entered the core of the association's building, they saw four fully armed guards standing outside a large door. 

The four burly men respectfully kneeled and greeted, "Grandmaster Ao Tuo." 

Ao Tuo waved his hand and gestured them to get back to their positions. One of them, apparently the leader, stepped forward. 

"Te Ya, here take it." Ao Tuo handed him three documents that recorded Xiao Ning and others' information. 

Te Ya took the documents; he stored them without even taking a look. After that, he took out three black armbands and handed them over. 

Ao Tuo laughed and shook his head after seeing Te Ya's actions. He distributed three armbands and gestured them to enter the hall. 

......

Xiao Ning entered the hall and saw a group of people chatting and laughing. He ignored them and proceeded towards the stone tables arranged in the center. 

Xiao Ning, with an indifferent expression, glanced at the equipment on the stone table. After checking, he closed his eyes and waited. 

The other two were not so straightforward; Xiao Yan excitedly looked towards the alchemists present, and Lin Fei trotted over towards another old man standing with his teacher. 

After a few moments, Xiao Yan looked at the empty stone table beside Xiao Ning and walked up to it. He hesitated a bit before he said, "Cousin Ning!" With the increase in his strength, Xiao Yan changed the way he spoke to the latter. 

Xiao Ning opened his eyes; he glanced at the latter's smiling face and nodded. "Not bad!" He commented on Xiao Yan's strength. After that, Xiao Ning closed his eyes again. 

Xiao Yan's face formed a wry smile. He felt Xiao Ning became arrogant as his strength increased. 'Cousin Ning; soon, I will surpass you.' he thought to himself. 

Soon, the rest of the participants filled up the empty places. Among them, two girls stood out. One was Ao Tuo's disciple Lin Fei, and the other was Xui Mei Fu Lan Ke's disciple. Most of the men in the room had their eyes on them.

......

After a while, Fu Lan Ke, who stood beside Ao Tuo, cleared his throat and spoke, "Get ready." 

Hearing his voice, all the participants became serious, ready to start anytime. 

Xiao Ning opened his eyes, picked up the yellow paper from the stone table, and read its contents. 

The paper recorded the medicinal formula for 'Amassing Strength Pill,' a first-tier middle-grade pill. He placed the parchment back, looked towards the two old men standing in the front, and sneered. 

'Interesting! So, I will also play along,' Xiao Ning smiled wickedly in his heart. 

......

Fu Lan Ke glanced around and asked, "Does anyone wants to ask anything? 

He waited for a few moments, after which Fu Lan Ke continued, "Good, you all can start." 

After hearing his words, everyone except for Xiao Ning placed their hands on the flame outlets. Their dou qi passed through the hands, entered the medicinal cauldron, and formed a pale yellow flame. 

The two men looked at the scene with satisfaction. Yet, the next moment a frown appeared on their faces. The duo saw that Xiao Ning stood still. 

Before they could clear their throats to speak, someone noticed Xiao Yan's purple flame and gasped. This attracted them, and their eyes shifted from Xiao Ning to Xiao Yan. 

Many alchemists who stood on the side looked at the purple flame with doubt. Their first thought was that Xiao Yan possessed a Heavenly Flame. 

Yet, after sensing its aura, they shook their heads and denied the possibility. Still, it amazed everyone that Xiao Yan possessed a strange fire. 

......

Xiao Ning looked at the scene, and a playful smile appeared on his face. He gently placed his hand on the flame outlet and summoned 'Golden Budha Flame.'

A green-gold-colored flame rushed out of his hand and flickered in the medicinal cauldron. 

As the 'Golden Budha Flame' appeared, Xiao Ning's dou qi surged, and a shocking scene occurred in the hall. 

Suddenly everyone including, Xiao Yan's purple flame, became suppressed. Soon, the flames in the medicinal cauldron struggled and got out of the contestants control. 

A magical scene appeared in front of the crowd. The flames flew out of their cauldrons and rushed towards Xiao Ning's medicinal cauldron. 

Instead of harming anyone, the flames became gentle and slowly revolved around Xiao Ning's cauldron. It was as a subordinate greets his lord. 

"Heavenly Flame appears, and all flames submit to it." Ao Tuo and Fu Lan Ke spoke together. They looked at each other with horror in their eyes. As fourth-tier alchemists, they knew exactly what owning a heavenly flame meant. 

 

For early access to the next chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

Thank you for your support.

11