Chapter 94
676 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Fei looked dull and nodded her head, and her eyes blankly stared at the cold corpse on the ground. 

After seeing this, Xiao Ning shook his head. He could see a deep fear taking root in Lin Fei's mind. If it continued this way, it is only a matter of time before she's abolished. 

His eyes flashed with pity, yet Xiao Ning didn't do anything. It wasn't Xiao Ning being selfish, but he couldn't. 

"Let's go!" Xiao Ning spoke in a low voice. He felt there was a black hand in the shadows manipulating everything, and every second wasted made him more anxious. 

'A second-tier alchemist is a valuable resource, but it was discarded in an instant,' As Xiao Ning pondered, a chill rose in his heart. 

One has to know even Xiao Clan has to treat a second-tier alchemist with the utmost respect. 

......

'Firstly, let's check whether alchemist association is involved or not,' Xiao Ning thought and clenched his fist. 

He took a deep breath and calmed himself. The calmer Xiao Ning looked on outside, the more vigilant he became. His eyes flashed as he thought of all possible outcomes of his meeting with Ao Tuo. 

'Dou Spirit, huh!' Ao Tuo's cultivation rank flashed in his mind. Xiao Ning was not arrogant enough to think that he could take the latter head-on. Dou Grandmaster and Dou Spirit were not on the same level. 

Still, Xiao Ning dared to go and check. Even though he couldn't fight, Xiao Ning was confident enough about escaping. The Dou Qi wings tattoo on his back were not for decoration. 

......

As Xiao Ning was thinking, they reached Ao Tuo's office. Lin Fei absentmindedly stepped forward and knocked on the door.

"Enter!" Ao Tuo's loud voice sounded from inside. 

Xiao Ning motioned Lin Fei to enter first and secretly looked at the walls. He was worried that Ao Tuo's office also had a formation similar to Fu Lan Ke's office. 

Obviously, Lin Fei didn't know about it; she opened the door, and Xiao Ning followed her. 

Ao Tuo raised his head and smiled after seeing his disciple and Xiao Ning coming together, but the smile on his face reduced as he noticed their expression. 

Ao Tuo waved his hand, stored all the scattered scrolls in the storage ring, and asked them to sit. 

Lin Fei and Xiao Ning glanced at the chairs and sat. Xiao Ning remained silent and looked at Ao Tuo's expression. He riled up his dou qi, ready to explode at any moment. 

Lin Fei's unnatural expression and Xiao Ning's small movements were noticed by Ao Tuo. A frown appeared on his chubby face. 

On any other occasion, Ao Tuo would have looked at his disciple first but not today. He glanced at Xiao Ning and asked, "What's wrong?" 

Ao Tuo, Xiao Ning both were fourth-tier alchemists, yet with Xiao Ning's potential, his future is boundless. Ao Tuo didn't want to form a gap with such enchanting genius at this moment. 

......

Xiao Ning looked at Ao Tuo for a moment, and after seeing that the latter really did not know what happened, he spoke about the entire matter. 

After he finished speaking, Xiao Ning keenly looked at Ao Tuo's face to see if there is any change in the latter's expression. 

Ao Tuo's face turned solemn after he listened to Xiao Ning. He looked at the latter's face and guessed what was going on in his mind. 

"Brat! Old man Fu is not in the city," Ao Tuo spoke ill-humoredly. As he spoke, Ao Tuo's face changed, and he thought, 'Yes, the old man is not in the city; so, someone wants to take advantage of that.'

Xiao Ning's tensed face relaxed after hearing his words. He understood the latter's intentions. At the same time, the same thought flashed in Xiao Ning's mind, 'Grandmaster Fu Lan Ke is not in the city; so, some people have bad intentions towards me.' 

He also estimated that the person's cultivation would not be higher than Dou King; otherwise, it doesn't make sense. 

Both fell silent and had different ideas in their heads. 

Ao Tuo thought someone didn't want to see the alchemist association rise. While, Xiao Ning was thinking if somebody was personally targeting him. 

Xiao Ning and Ao Tuo were immersed in their thoughts and forgot about Lin Fei's existence. 

After a while, Xiao Ning sighed; he couldn't think of anyone. He looked at Ao Tuo and said, "Grandmaster Ao Tuo, I will take Xi Yian and leave the city today." 

He was going to leave tomorrow, but it doesn't matter if he left today. Xiao Ning was strong, but he wasn't arrogant enough to think that he could fight a Dou King. 

Ao Tuo thought for a moment and nodded. He sighed and said, "Don't worry, I will try to hold them for a while." 

Xiao Ning felt grateful. He cupped his hands, nodded, and left immediately. 

......

Ao Tuo silently glanced at the position where Xiao Ning was sitting, and no one knew what was going on in his mind. 

He raised his head, looked at his baby disciple, and sighed. "Fei'er, go and stay with Xue Mei." 

There was a lot to do; Ao Tuo couldn't comfort his disciple right now. After Lin Fei left, he took out a token from his storage ring and issued a command. 

A fierce light flashed in his eyes; Ao Tuo looked at the peaceful city through the window and muttered, "Some people have forgotten; it is time to freshen their memories." 

Soon, two figures wearing black masks appeared in his office. "Find out who it is, and kill everyone," A murderous aura radiated from Ao Tuo's fat body as he issued the command. 

Their figures disappeared, and soon, the peaceful-looking Black Rock City became turbulent. Many mercenary groups restrained themself fearing that someone might choose them to warn others. 

The great families of Black Rock City had a different view; they were more than happy to see Xiao Ning die. His existence had touched their interests. 

10