Chapter 98
593 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning, a Dou Grandmaster's dou qi reserves, was way lesser in comparison to a Dou Spirit's. Not to mention, he was fighting four at the same time. Moreover, his dou techniques consumed more dou qi. 

In such a situation, even if Xiao Ning relied on 'Battle Budha Art,' to recover his dou qi, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Xiao Ning's low cultivation limited him from showing the true potential of his cultivation technique. 

Soon, Xiao Ning lost control over the battle, and he could only defend himself passively. 

Moreover, it didn't take long for the Dou Spirits to solve the flame pythons. After all, Xiao Ning's 'Golden Budha Flame' was not a heavenly fire. 

Xiao Ning endured the burning sensation in his chest; he raised his eyebrows in surprise after seeing how easily they resolved his 'Golden Budha Flame.' The next second, his gaze stopped on an ordinary hanging on the masked Dou Spirit's waist. 

His eyes narrowed, and Xiao Ning couldn't help but let out a curse. Four Dou Spirit's ganging up on a Dou Grandmaster, if it wasn't shameful enough, they also paid a hefty sum to render his flame useless. 

'Being rich is also a part of strength,' Xiao Ning thought in his mind. Only after looking at the piles of gold coins lying inside his storage ring, Xiao Ning felt better. 

 He discarded all unnecessary thoughts and attacked. 'Radiant Fist!' Xiao Ning raised his trembling arm and punched forward.

'Thump!' As two fists made contact, Xiao Ning felt as if all the bones in his arm cracked and fell backward. He silently endured the pain took this opportunity to create some distance between him and others. 

The masked attackers immediately guessed Xiao Ning's intentions and quickly chased the latter. They had long noticed his abnormal dou qi recovery method and attributed it to Xiao Ning's dou qi method. 

The real purpose for them to join hands against a Dou Grandmaster was to let Xiao Ning experience true despair before killing him. Now that they have almost succeeded in their task, how could they let Xiao Ning run away.

As time passed, Xiao Ning's situation worsened. He depleted most of his Dou Qi and could barely sustain his dou qi wings. Xiao Ning's clothes were in tatters, and his body was covered in blood. 

......

Xiao Ning, covered in blood, stood in front of Xi Yian. With every breath, he felt inexpressible pain in his lungs. No bone in his body was not broken. 

Xiao Ning's eyelids became heavy, and he started losing consciousness. 'No, I can't fall here, not right now. Xi Yian! Yes! I need to protect her!' He roared in his mind. 

A sharp light flashed in his half-closed eyes, and Xiao Ning regained consciousness. Xiao Ning turned his head, stared at Xi Yian for a moment, and a gentle smile appeared on his face and silently decided in his heart. 

The next instant, Xiao Ning turned back, and his gaze turned cold as he looked at six Dou Spirits standing not far away. The chilliness in his eyes increased as he felt a look of contempt on their faces. 

"It is time to end this," Xiao Ning muttered, and a gentle golden aura enveloped his body. After the flame-like golden aura covered his body, Xiao Ning's outer wounds started healing rapidly. 

In no time, he looked as good as new. Yet, it did not come without a price. One after another, Xiao Ning's black hair started turning white. In order to defeat them, he burned his life-span without any hesitation. 

From the beginning, Xiao Ning was willing to sacrifice himself. Instead of dying in vain, he decided to trade his life for X Yian's. 

The instant Xi Yian saw the golden aura surrounding his body, her mind went blank. Xi Yian opened her mouth to speak, but no voice came out. Every white hair on Xiao Ning's head was akin to blades piercing her heart. 

At the same time, the six Dou Spirits had a surprised look on their faces. After all, not everyone possessed a strong will like Xiao Ning. Even when facing certain death, he remained calm and chose the best possible way. 

After seeing Xiao Ning's ruthlessness towards himself, they became more determined to kill him. If by a miracle, he survived, it would only mean disaster for them. 

......

Xiao Ning didn't know about their thoughts; he clenched his fist and marveled at the temporary strength he acquired. It was more than enough to deal with them. 

The next second, a pair of golden wings, bigger than before, appeared on his back, and Xiao Ning vanished from his spot.

All six of them looked astonished, and from the look on their face, it seems that they underestimated Xiao Ning's strength. 

"Looking for me?" When they were searching for Xiao Ning, a cold voice resounded from above, and their faces became ugly. 

Xiao Ning hovered above them; he raised his arms, and a golden figure slowly condensed behind him. Instead of two, the figure had four arms. The temporary strength allowed Xiao Ning to display 'Myriad Budha Hands,' on the next level. 

'Myriad Budha Hands!' The four golden palms tore through the air and slapped the six Dou Spirits into the ground. 

One of the six Dou Spirits reacted quickly and avoided Xiao Ning's attack, while the rest were injured. 

As Xiao Ning attacked, the rate at which his hair turned white increased. Even though, his strength increased drastically, Xiao Ning couldn't maintain it for long. 

The masked Dou King, who indifferently sat on the side and looked at the battle, stood up after seeing Xiao Ning's strength. Even though no one could see his face, his movements showed the shock he experienced. 

......

At the same time, Ao Tuo and his people arrived near the scene. Everyone looked shocked after seeing the devastated surroundings. 

Suddenly Ao Tuo's face changed. He sensed a powerful breath. 'Undoubtedly, it is a Dou King,' he muttered in his heart. He glanced at the black-clothed man beside him and gestured the latter to take action. 

The black-clothed figure disappeared and rushed towards Xiao Ning's position. 

10