Chapter 102
711 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Yan flew back to Black Rock City, found a hidden street, and removed his cloak. He walked out and mixed into the crowd. After making sure no one recognized him, Xiao Yan found a new hotel and rented a room to stay. 

'Sigh!' Xiao Yan closed the door, took a deep breath, and sat on the bed. Xiao Yan gazed outside through the window and failed to notice Yao Lao's spiritual body floating beside him. 

Yao Lao came out the moment Xiao Yan entered the room. He had a solemn look on his face, and the fear in his heart did not diminish. Yao Lao knew for an expert of this rank the distance meant nothing. 

"Teacher?" Xiao Yan recovered from his stupor and looked at Yao Lao beside him. He was familiar with Yao Lao's habits and knew the latter didn't enjoy coming out of the ring. 

Yao Lao coughed lightly to hide his embarrassment and regained his composure after hearing Xiao Yan's voice. He turned his head, looked at the young man sitting beside him, and a trace of appreciation flashed in his eyes. 

"You did well. Xiao Yan, remember, sometimes it is best not to be too greedy." Yao Lao warned him. He did not tell his disciple the truth. At Xiao Yan's present state, knowing about it would only harm him. 

The white egg with golden patterns flashed in his mind as he listened to Yao Lao's words. Xiao Yan simply nodded his head. 

......

Yun Leng and his team tended to their wounds while they circled around the white egg. As the first elder of the Misty Cloud Sect, Yun Leng had the means to inform the sect about their current situation. Still, he chose not to. 

Over the years, Yun Leng read many classics, and many were based on magical beasts.

Among the people present, only Yun Leng could guess the actual value of the white egg. 

In the best-case scenario! The Misty Cloud Sect will gain an additional guardian magical beast. Otherwise, they would refine the egg into a medicinal pill. 

"Grab the egg and destroy the corpse," Yun Leng spoke after seeing that everyone recuperated. 

The two Dou Spirits who had recovered most of their dou qi nodded and stepped forward. 

The moment they took the first step forward, the golden patterns on the egg glowed, and a translucent misty barrier wrapped Xi Yian's corpse along with it. 

Even in his current comatose state; Xiao Ning's will to protect her manifested itself. The misty barrier positioned her corpse behind the white egg.

'Thud!' The two Dou Spirit's punched with their full might, but they failed to crack open the barrier. A trace of surprise flashed in Yun Leng's eyes, and a smile appeared on his face. He raised the value of the magical beast's egg in his heart. Yes, Yun Leng treated Xiao Ning as a magical beast. 

'Rustle!' At this moment, another man wearing a blue robe showed up. A strong momentum belonging to a Dou King radiated from his body. He quickly glanced at the magical beast's egg, turned his head, and looked at Yun Leng. 

'First Elder!' He cupped his hands together and spoke in a light tone. 

'What are the Mo Clan people doing here?' Yun Leng thought inwardly and nodded his head. Even though he was upset that the Mo Clan elder showed up; yet, there was nothing he could do about that.

The next moment, the man from Mo Clan ignored Yun Leng and focused on the magical beast's egg. A brownish dou qi enveloped his hand as he threw a punch. 

'Thud!' The barrier shook for a moment before it stabilized again. 

Seeing this scene, the blue-robed man and Yun Leng frowned. As the two thought of attacking the barrier together, they sensed an overwhelming aura rapidly closing towards them. 

Yun Leng raised his head, and a gloom flashed in his eyes as he looked. The next moment, a pleasantly surprised expression appeared on his face.

 No one present could be more familiar with the aura of the unknown powerhouse than Yun Leng. He stood straight, cupped his hands, and bowed "Sect Leader." 

A lady in a green dress stood in the sky, and her lovely face showed no expression. The dou qi wings on her back were the proof of her strength, and, coupled with Yun Leng's words, her identity was obvious.

The rest of them also hurriedly stood up and respectfully saluted, "Sect Leader." The elder from the Mo clan was no different. 

Yun Yun's eyes moved, and her gaze shifted from the members of the sect to the magical beast's egg. Even with her calm personality, a surprise flashed on her face after examining the white egg. After seeing it with her eyes, Yun Yun instantly connected the magical beast's egg to the vision that appeared in the sky. 

Yun Yun's dou qi wings slowly disappeared as her feet touched the ground. Her eyes locked on Yun Leng's figure and asked in a cold voice, "What happened here?" 

Yun Yun's single glance caused Yun Leng to sweat. He took a deep breath and slowly explained the entire matter to her. Yun Leng didn't dare to lie. 

The incident involved the alchemist association; Yun Leng wouldn't bet with his life. 

Yun Yun's eyes grew cold, and her face turned frosty as she listened. She secretly thought of observing other elders after returning to the sect. 

'Clap, Clap!' 

"What a domineering Misty Cloud Sect!" A sarcastic voice sounded from behind, and an old man wearing an imperial robe walked out of the forest. 

His face showed a light smile, and he mocked Yun Yun, "How could a sect elder act without the sect leader's permission?" 

Yun Yun's pretty face turned slightly red because of embarrassment. A slender long-sword appeared in her hand, and green dou qi manifested around her. Yun Yun pointed her sword towards the old man and spoke, "Jia Xin Tian, is the imperial family going to intervene?" Her icy voice made everyone present shudder. 

Jia Xin Tian ignored her provocation and chuckled. His eyes glanced at the distance, and he spoke, "Come out." 

9