Chapter 112
587 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The memory stopped; Xiao Ning returned to his senses and opened his eyes. Medusa's flawless face appeared in his view, and for a moment, he stared at the mesmerizing beauty in front of him. 

After watching her memory, Xiao Ning's cold face showed a trace of surprise. He never Imagined Medusa to save him. 

For the past few months, Xiao Ning has been living among the snake-people tribe, and he has learned a couple of things about them, especially about their legendary Queen, Medusa. 

She wasn't a soft-hearted and kind woman. On the contrary, no one in the surrounding three Empires was not acquainted with Medusa's ruthlessness. 

"What are you thinking about?" Medusa had returned to her earlier sitting posture and asked curiously. She attached a great deal of importance to him. If not, how could Xiao Ning live so freely, even after killing one of their elders? 

Xiao Ning looked startled; he blinked his eyes, looked at Medusa, and asked in a rare solemn tone, "Your Majesty, thank you for saving my life. I owe you a favor, and if there is any way I can help. Tell me." 

While Xiao Ning did not find what he was looking for in her memory, there were many unsolved mysteries. Like, how did he end up within an egg? And the other thing that puzzled him was the golden dragon he turned into. Still, it did not stop him from being grateful to Queen Medusa for saving him. 

Although he lost his memories, it didn't mean that he turned stupid. On the contrary, Xiao Ning suspected Medusa had other motives for saving his life. 

Now it was Medusa's turn to be surprised. In long years of her dealing with humans, she never once saw someone as straightforward as him. 

She keenly stared at Xiao Ning and nodded slightly after seeing his sincere eyes. 

"A month later, we will get married," Medusa stated her intentions directly. 

Xiao Ning frowned after hearing this and asked, "Why? Why me? I am an ordinary human." 

"Is it on a whim, or did you plan it early?" 

"Yes, I decided when I saw you," Medusa spoke. She pointed her finger at Xiao Ning and said, "You are not an ordinary human. There is something strange about your bloodline. Even I feel suppressed." 

"So, I intend to marry you to leave a stronger bloodline for the snake-people tribe's future," Medusa spoke boldly. 

The corner of Xiao Ning's mouth twitched. "So that's how it is," he thought to himself. 

"If I refuse?" He spoke coldly. 

"You have no right to refuse," Medusa smiled coldly. At this moment, she returned to the cold and ruthless empress. 

Xiao Ning rubbed his head helplessly and pointed out, "You are a snake-woman, and I am a human. Therefore, it is impossible between us." 

Medusa blinked her eyes, smiled mysteriously, and at the same time, a tinge of sadness flashed in her eyes. 

"All snake-people have a chance to evolve and transform into a human after they reach Dou Emperor. There is a mortal risk, which I am willing to take." Medusa spoke in a low tone. 

A slightly shocked expression appeared on Xiao Ning's face. Then, finally, he understood the meaning behind her words. 

'Now I understand everything; she is not confident enough that she will succeed. It is only reasonable for her to think about the future of her tribe. Wait a minute! If she fails, then what's the point?' Xiao Ning muttered in his mind. 

"What if you fail?" Xiao Ning pointed out the key issue. 

"If I fail, naturally, you are free," Medusa spoke calmly. 

"Is there any way to increase the chances of your success?" Xiao Ning looked at her calm face and couldn't help but ask. 

Medusa looked thoughtful, but she shook her head. 

Xiao Ning did not pursue the topic and asked, "When?" 

"Two days later," Medusa's soft voice sounded. 

"All right, call me before you begin; if my bloodline is really as mysterious as you have said, I might be of some use." 

"Don't have any other ideas; I am just repaying what I owe." Xiao Ning stood up and walked away, leaving Medusa alone in the garden. 

Medusa sighed and looked in the direction where Xiao Ning had left. "If there is hope for life, who is willing to die?" Medusa questioned herself. 

"Speak your mind, She Er," Medusa spoke without looking back. 

A lithe figure appeared in front of her and saluted. She looked up and asked, "Have you decided, your Majesty?" The worry on her face clearly showed how much she cared about Medusa. 

Medusa sighed lightly and gently waved her hand. How could she not know what was in Hua She Er's mind? But no one can stop her; it is the gamble she is willing to take. 

......

Xiao Ning randomly stepped out of the garden and walked straight towards Medusa's palace. The guards patrolling were familiar with him and did not cause any trouble. 

A maid approached near and asked, "Mr..." 

"Call me Xiao Ning," He spoke in an icy voice. 

"Yes, Master Ning," the maid secretly sweated. She hoped he didn't feel offended. 

Xiao Ning didn't know about the maid's inner thoughts. "Lead me to the royal library." 

"Yes," the maid nodded and quickly led him into the depths of the palace. 

Soon, they stopped outside a large door. "Master Ning," the maid called out in a low voice. She bowed and left. 

Xiao Ning didn't even glance back; he pushed the door open and entered the library. A vast hall full of scrolls and other manuals appeared in his view. 

A rare helpless expression appeared on his face. Xiao Ning never imagined that the snake-people tribe would have such an enormous collection. He didn't even know where to start. 

He could only look at the scrolls one by one. Xiao Ning searched for a full day before getting his hands on the right manual. 

Xiao Ning sat down and massaged his temples before reading the scroll. 

"So that's how it is!" 

"Heavenly Flame? Almost a certain death?"

"A fool," Xiao Ning muttered. Nevertheless, he felt there was something with which he could help. Anyway, she is already taking a significant risk. His intervention would only help her. 

 

For early access to the following chapters, visit P.A.T.R.E.O.N- Franknoble.

I appreciate your support.

9