Chapter 115
652 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The golden dragon rushed into the sky, the dark-golden layer of flame enveloping its body added to its might. Its golden eyes stared at the serpent's body, thrashing itself around in pain. 

As it approached the green fire region, the Green Lotus Core Flame sensed an intruder and tried to prevent the golden dragon from interfering. But, simultaneously, it also attacked the serpent more ferociously. 

The golden dragon couldn't move forward; it felt a force blocking its path. 

"Roar!" Its golden pupils shone with a bright color as the dragon roared. The dark-golden flame covering its body shrank and condensed in front of its mouth and a dark golden sphere, the size of an adult human fist, formed in a fraction of a second. 

The dragon's dou qi surged, and its momentum soared. It fired the compressed sphere towards the green flame region. To smash the barrier, stopping its path. 

'Boom!' The dark-golden sphere exploded as it came into contact with the barrier, which caused a massive explosion above the city. 

A gigantic sphere of dark golden flame, like the second sun, appeared above the city. Even though it was far away, the snake-people living in the city could still feel the searing heat.

After seeing a gap in the barrier, the dragon's eyes lit up, and it rushed through immediately. But unfortunately, the aftermath of the explosion wasn't enough to affect it.

After entering the green flame region, its speed slowed; it still approached the serpent swiftly. 

The dragon let out a low roar and shot out a part of the dark-golden flame that covered its body. 

The next moment, a golden glow protected the vitals of the serpent. Complex emotions flashed in Medusa's eyes. 

Never, even in her imagination, did she think he would step forward to protect her. After all, Medusa was aware of Xiao Ning's indifferent attitude towards others. 

Yet, he appeared when she almost gave up. Medusa's mind became firm once again. She decided to fight and succeed. 

Green Lotus Core Flame sensed Xiao Ning's intrusion and felt provoked. Moreover, it also felt a similar flame once again. The green flame raged more fiercely than before, intending to burn them into nothing. 

No matter how powerful Xiao Ning's bloodline was, nor did it matter that he possessed a heavenly flame. All that mattered was strength, and the fact was that he was weaker than Green Lotus Core Flame. 

Moreover, Xiao Ning also divided his heavenly flame into half to protect Medusa, putting himself at risk. 

As a result, many green-colored wisps of fire broke through his thin protective layer and attacked his scales. 

"Roar!" He screamed in pain. Soon, Xiao Ning's voice lowered, and he started adapting to the pain. 

While enduring immense pain, he raised his head and looked at Medusa. 

Medusa's condition improved with the heavenly flame's protection, only to worsen the next moment. Although Xiao Ning held protecting her vital spots, Green Lotus Core Flame burned the rest of her body with even greater might. 

Xiao Ning let out a furious roar from the core of his being and rushed forward. 

The golden dragon coiled its body around the serpent's body to protect Medusa. 

After seeing this, the serpent let out a soft cry, asking why? 

Xiao Ning ignored her; the momentum around his body soared. Then, with his spiritual strength, he manipulated the dark-golden flame to form a new barrier enveloping their bodies. 

He kept burning his dou qi to maintain the barrier and bought Medusa some time to recover. 

Medusa saw through his intentions; she closed her eyes and, with her dou qi, started expelling the wisps of heavenly flame burning her from within. 

As the time progressed, the golden tattoo on her abdomen flickered with a dark-golden light. Its frequency increased, and both Medusa and Xiao Ning's dou qi resonated at a certain point. 

Suddenly, a white light shone between their eyebrows, and an unknown event occurred. 

......

Xiao Ning and Medusa appeared in a white space. They first looked at their bodies and then at each other surprisedly. 

They stood in their earlier form.

"What is this place?" Xiao Ning muttered softly, yet his voice resounded in the white space. 

Medusa looked around for a while. At first, she thought it was an illusion, so she tried to use her dou qi to get out. 

But she couldn't even summon a single drop of her dou qi, puzzling her even more. Xiao Ning also tried the same and failed. 

"Spirit! Spiritual strength," Suddenly, a bright light flashed in his eyes as Xiao Ning muttered. Simultaneously, a bitter smile formed on his face. 

"It is our spiritual world. I don't know how, but our minds connected." Xiao Ning came up with a plausible explanation. 

Medusa's pupils shrank. No one would want their mind to link to someone else's. If it were anyone else except Xiao Ning, she would have chosen to destroy the other person even if the price was her death. 

"What next?" She was still a little uneasy. 

"I have an idea, but I am not sure if it will work." Xiao Ning spoke slowly after thinking for a moment. 

"Come forward and follow my actions." 

Xiao Ning sat cross-legged with Medusa in front of him. He raised his arms, extended his hands, and touched Medusa's soft hands. Their fingers interlocked. 

"Close your eyes and concentrate," Xiao Ning glanced at Medusa's slightly red face and spoke in an icy voice. 

His voice startled her; Medusa hurriedly closed her eyes and cleared all her messy thoughts. 

Soon, they entered a strange state, as if their spiritual energy fused into one. 

'Thump!' It was as if they could see into the other person's heart. A set of memories entered their mind. 

'It is Medusa's life,' Xiao Ning thought as he continued to look. At the same time, Medusa could also see him seeing her memories. Yet, strangely she did not show any reaction towards it. 

'Bang!' Another set of memories flooded their mind, and this time, it was Xiao Ning's life. 

Xiao Ning showed an excited expression. 'Finally, I will know what happened earlier,' he thought. 

A trace of interest appeared on Medusa's face. She was also curious about his past. 

10