Chapter 149
221 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Ning gained the upper hand in the confrontation against Yao Chen. The difference between a low-tier dou qi method and a top-grade dou qi method became evident. 

Even though Yao Chen possessed vast knowledge and could defeat Xiao Ning; yet, he lost in terms of dou qi reserves. Still, with his extraordinary spiritual strength, Yao Chen couldn't beat the latter. 

Xiao Yan's body turned out to be a shackle binding Yao Chen's strength, and Xiao Ning took advantage of it. 

Yun Yun, standing behind Xiao Yan, sensed something was wrong, and she felt the situation was getting worse for them. She frowned and made a decision. 

The next moment, she placed her delicate hand on Xiao Yan's back and closed her eyes. A green-colored dou qi enveloped her palm, and she began to transmit her dou qi to Xiao Yan. 

This sudden change caught Yao Chen controlling Xiao Yan's body off guard; still, he did not stop Yun Yun because he didn't sense any malicious intent from her. 

At this moment, Yun Yun let go of everything holding her back. She washed away her doubts, questions, and anger and emptied her mind. Yun Yun no longer rejected Xiao Yan's identity, nor did she care about his drastic change in temperament and strength. 

The green-colored wind element dou qi passed through her palm into Xiao Yan's body. At the same time, Xiao Yan's body, which, was originally covered in white flame-like dou qi, showed traces of green wind element dou qi. 

In an ordinary case, if a wind-type dou qi enters into a fire attribute dou master due to incompatibility of the elements, it would be as lethal as poison. 

Yet, Xiao Yan's situation was entirely different from what one could have expected. The wind element dou qi did not ravage his body; instead, it began to fuse with his fire attribute dou qi, and raised his strength. 

Among the people present, only Yao Chen qualified to achieve this feat. Even Yao Chen did it perfectly with the help of the 'Bone Chilling Flame' and 'Flame Mantra' cultivated by Xiao Yan. 

After sensing this change, Yao Chen controlled Xiao Yan's body and cooperated actively. Instantly Yun Yun transferred most of her dou qi to Xiao Yan. 

"Thanks," Yao Chen spoke softly after looking at Yun Yun's pale face. He waved his hand, and a gentle gust of wind carried her into the distance. Now, Yun Yun couldn't even protect herself, let alone join Yao Chen's fight against Xiao Ning. 

All happened in the blink of an eye, and Xiao Ning couldn't interrupt it even if he wanted to.

Xiao Ning, who originally, gained the upper hand, lost the opportunity to land a critical blow. 

"Now, what are you going to do, young man?" Yao Chen smirked. The wind element dou qi in Xiao Yan's body complemented his fire dou qi and temporarily raised its quality. The icy white dou qi emitted a chill, surpassing the previous one. 

"It is a little troublesome," Xiao Ning muttered; even so, his face remained indifferent. He did not expect it to turn out this way. How could he have guessed that Yun Yun would rely on Xiao Yan instead of attacking him herself?

Xiao Ning stopped releasing his dou qi to overpower Yao Chen; he knew the same method wouldn't work against him again. 

The overflowing dou qi retracted and formed an armor over his golden scales. It was as if the sun had descended to the ground. It was a small trick that Xiao Ning had figured out before. In this state, his explosive power increased greatly. 

The pair of golden wings behind his back flapped once, and Xiao Ning appeared, in front of Yao Chen. He clenched his fist and attacked. 

Yao Chen's eyes widened in surprise; Xiao Ning's speed was faster than he had expected; still, he responded timely and raised his arm to block. 

"Thump!" The golden fist and icy white forearm collided, and Yao Chen felt a tremendous force entering Xiao Yan's body. The result, Yao Chen was forced back by a few steps. If Xiao Ning's dou qi method and speed had surprised him before, now Xiao Ning's raw strength shocked him. 

One has to know, that at Dou Emperor rank, after cloaking the body with dou qi, the strength increases geometrically. Even then, Xiao Ning pushed Yao Chen back. 

He glanced at his numb right forearm and quickly mobilized his dou qi to nourish his sore arm. 

 

"Trouble," Yao Chen muttered helplessly. This one blow showed him the difference between Xiao Yan and Xiao Ning's flesh. Yao Chen couldn't help but wonder how Xiao Ning trained his body to this extent. Even Xiao Yan's body forged by the heavenly flame was no match for it. 

The next instant, Yao Chen held the black ruler in his hands and threw out the idea of fighting against Xiao Ning with bare hands. 

An icy white dou qi rushed through the lines engraved on the black ruler, rendering it icy white. Yao Chen raised his arm, slashed toward Xiao Ning, and flew into the sky. 

The white sword light that looked like a work of art contained frightening energy; it tore through the sky and rushed toward Xiao Ning. 

Xiao Ning raised the corner of his mouth, raised his right claw, and attacked. 

The two collided in mid-air, and its aftermath burned everything in the surroundings. 

Yao Chen held the ruler with both hands, raised it above him, and condensed his entire dou qi into it. 

"Flame Splitting Tsunami," He muttered in a voice only audible to himself. Yao Chen slowly swung the black ruler toward the ground, and the massive energy contained within it rushed out like a furious tsunami. 

The icy white sword light covered the entire sky; it sliced through the air and rushed towards everyone on the ground. The never-ending sword light was akin to the bottomless sea. 

"This should do it." In front of this sword light, Yao Chen's figure, akin to an ant, disappeared without a trace. 

7