Chapter 0 – Prologue
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

wind whistling 

 

When we were younger we were told that evil is related to the dark. And so that made good related to the light but what if we were wrong? 

 

Why believe in something implanted rather than seeing it with your own two eyes, one-word belief.

 

It is the belief that something exists and somethings are what they are but these beliefs are either lies or are not real.

 

For example, are the evils of the world always in the shadows watching you with ill intent waiting for the moment you let your guard down for them to strike.

 

Or could they be hiding their true intentions with a fake smile to gain your trust and give you a false sense of security?

 

I don’t know about you but being betrayed and having a trust broken hurts a bit more than death.

 

Lu, a city of lights and glamour filled with nobles who are either arrogant or obnoxious, sometimes both, but the one we are looking for is not among them. He's from a more down to earth place. 

 

children laughing and playing

 

Bal a small village near the city the nobles consider it a junkyard while the people who live there call it home. Instead of houses with all the trimmings the people here live in huts, old tents or frankenstein styled homes made from plastic or bottles some even live in cardboard boxes.

 

In this old hut with a blanket for a door and broken windows lives a person who has abilities that will help him survive this catastrophe.

 

You are wondering why I said catastrophe? Well the earth has been in ruins for so many years it was taken from the humans by beings we call the Monarchs.

 

earthing cracking noise

 

The Monarchs are godly beings from a realm above ours and they took earth for its rich source of life and manual labour. 

 

An organisation called the Sacred Heavenly Palace works directly under the Monarchs and handles earth for them.

 

Because of this the world has changed and people with power, money and fully brainwashed by the SHP can gain the advantage over people who have less or nothing.

 

yawns

 

“Day time already?”.

 

slowly sits up and starts rubbing his eyes

 

“To think I got used to this feeling”.

 

He dreamt the world was back to its former self and he woke up from a bad nightmare but every day he does wake up its just reality.

 

floor creaks

 

He moves his legs off the bed and onto the floor he then changes his top to a different T-shirt and hoodie.

 

knocking on the outside wall

 

He looks towards the door with a concerning face, he gets up and walks towards the door moving the blanket to one side.

 

“Oh. Hey gramps”.

 

The person at the door is his grandpa, a short man with a grey beard smoking a pipe. He had these glasses, one lens was normal while the other was bent and he wore overalls he had a mean face but a big smile.

 

“Wake up Ryūsei it’s time for school, here I brought you some leftover oatmeal it’s still fresh”.

 

Ryūsei scratches his head and averts his eyes from the bubbling oatmeal. Gramps lays the bowl of oatmeal on his bedside and holds onto Ryūsei’s shoulders and starts to shake him.

 

Ugh ugh

 

“If you don’t have something for breakfast you won’t have any energy, come on boy eat some of it”

 

bed squeaks

 

Ryūsei then sat on the bed and started eating while listening to Gramps lecture him on how important breakfast is, in the midst of it he started to remember on how the old man took him in when he was only less than 2 years old after his parents died he had no one but Gramps never let him feel lonely.

 

He interrupted him.

 

“Hey Gramps, thank you”

 

He thanks him with a bright honest smile.

 

The old man’s eyes started to tear up. He knew he wasn’t just being thanked for the food but for something else too, sometimes life changing.

 

Ryūsei then remembered the time and started to run to school, he didn't want to be late or the teacher would chew him out.

 

panting and running noise

 

As he ran to school he saw as the noble’s went to their school and he wondered what they did so different. Would they get in trouble for being late? How big was their cafeteria? Do the toilets flush themselves?

 

Truly a man of many thoughts and then he had another one… he was so late for class being picked on by the teacher was going to be inevitable, he ran as hard as he could.

 

To me, the earth before the catastrophe was also greedy but this time humans are getting out of hand and the Monarchs have a dangerous plan, who is going to save them? Maybe this kid will find a way. 

 

Despair is surrounding the world but Hope is not too far away.

 

<Prologue> End

Were you able to endure my writing?
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sort of yes Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I dunno Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try harder Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hell no Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no comment Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3
1