Arc 0 Part 1.
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weather clear, enemy on sight. It should have been easy pulling the trigger and silently watch how the bullet cuts through the air without mercy and bringing an horrible fate to my target. At least, it should have been like that. 

But it seems that life is a bitch, as always. The bullet stopped mid air like if it had hit an invisible wall.  The eyes of the creature, if we can call him that, turned to our position. Great! We are exposed.

I looked to my comrade and subordinate Jorhs who was lying on the ground with his sniper rifle. 

"So...didn't you use a shield breaker round?"

Not glancing back at me, he answered with an incredible plain tone.

"You told me to use a standard one first captain, Is your ineptitude as a strategist my fault as a humble sniper?"

"Ahahaha...I can't argue that, but you know sometimes not following your orders could be a good option though" 

"Captain it seems you don't remember why we are here in the middle of god knows where hunting a lone Nhoma because someone didn't take his orders seriously. Being a captain from a special hunting squad and telling your subordinates to not follow military regulations can be labeled as rebellion, so please be careful while telling those half-baked advice, with due respect of course."

Oh, he seems mad. Well, it's not that I blame him for that, I did some slightly mistakes in a past operation. But I've to say in my defence that carefree attitude is one of my main charms, isn't it?

Sigh, being the good guy is tiring. it always has been, since that day. 

"Any orders captain?" His eyes never left the scope while still speaking and aiming to the Nhoma which was slowly but surely approaching

"I trust your intuition, act on free will and eliminate the threat."

"Roger that."

I gazed at his skilled movements while operating the gun. He's amazing. With a speed hard to keep on with the bare eye, pulling the lever, changing ammunition and shooting. Perfectly executed movements, like clockwork. That is an elite sniper for you. The most efficient killers. Under the cover of a cold blood killer their bullets will bring eternal rest to those who got the unfortunate fate to be their target.

I readily my gear as he keeps firing nonstop, every projectile was being stopped by the force field of the Nhoma. Why did he keep using normal shots instead of shield breaker ones? Well, that was one of the common techniques used by snipers, "make the enemy trust his shield and let them lower they guard to give the final strike".

"Captain, the enemy crossed the 700 meters line."

"Got it.  Want me to kill it? it should be like a Tier 4, isn't he?" Nhomas were classified by tiers based in several factors; their force field power and control was one of them. 

"Not yet, He should have let his guard down by now, I'll try to kill him in one shot." His voice as plain as ever.

"Ahhh man...what a let down. I thought I'd be able to have some fun here." It was kind of depressing, but it couldn't be helped.

*BANG*

A strange blue light came from the insides of the barrel going straight to the head of the Nhoma. It was fast, way faster that any other shot. The Nhoma didn't tried to dodge it but instead trusted his shield. When the blue light touched the field it didn't stopped like it used to, instead the former was torn to shred, without any defense it somehow managed to put his arms in front of it's head. 

Blood splattered and flesh scattered as the shot destroyed both arms and penetrated it's right shoulder. I guess the last hopeless resistance of using his arms deviated the bullet enough.

"Oh! Good one Jorhs, I'll give it a 8 out of 10." I said jokingly.

"Shall I end his suffering?" He asked,

"Ah! really man? Are you still with that plain voice? Are you a cyborg? Should I put you to do a gugle captcha?" I said jokingly again

"Sure thing" I replied without any hard feelings. They might have been humans in the past but they are not anymore. Like wolf in the sheep skin. They sought to destroy us, so why should we let them live? We'll make them taste what humankind is really capable of. After all we are the same humans that years ago killed themselves for meaningless reasons like religion or race. A stupid bunch who make weapons capable of destroying everything even if that means killing themselves with their enemy. Wanna be our enemy too? Go ahead.

A final sound meaning that a life has vanished from this world. I guess, this is the end of the mission.

"Let's pack up, Jorhs, time to go." I didn't spared a second gaze to the dead body of the monster.

"Roger that."He said while standing up and adjusting the sniper in his back with some straps.

We got into our car after being sure that everything was on place and we left to the nearer city, Kio.


Hello everyone! I hope you liked the first chapter! I'll try to make longer chapters in the future. If you see any kind of mistake please tell me to correct them! After this chapter there will be starting to appear several characters and POV changes. Next chapter should be ready this sunday at the lastest.Also I'll be updating the glossary with several terms and info, so if you want look it up! So I hope to see you next time! Have a good day. 

Edited by: Seven