Arc 0 Part 3.
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-So...let's cut to the chase, I'm sure you didn't call me to just tell me that.- I could more or less guess was she was going to say.

-Yes...I want you to train those kids. If is you...some might survive.- I could see her usually cold eyes pledging me to accept.

Sigh.

-So...It is a order?-

-No, is not. If you don't want to, then i'll look for another person.- I've know her for long enough, but it was the first time that I saw her like that. I'm not a heartless person nor I'm a caring one, but for some reason looking at her like that pained me. It's been so long since I felt this kind of feeling, but love was something I wasn't supposed to feel, no more.

-You don't have to. I'll do it.- Her eyes shone for a moment before darkened again.

-I'm sorry..- I stopped her.

-Don't say nothing more. I'll send you later the requirements for the training.-

-Sure.- Some of her cold demeanor came back. It was good to see her being able to compose herself a bit. Without bordering to speak more I just leaved the office and afterwards the building. There were lots of things in my mind. Even if she didn't told me I knew that I was going to that place again. It wasn't just me trying those kids, but also myself.

Last time I was covered in the blood of my brothers of arms, but this time will be from my enemies. I'll make it happen, no matter what. Maybe then this suffering will stop. The cold breeze caressed my face, it was a good feeling. Calming a bit the turmoil that was on my mind I took out a cigarette. I always hated people smoking but as I got older and walked between battles I started to think otherwise. I don't know how many times I've smoked already, I wasn't addict, not at all, in fact my body was kind of immune to any harmful effect it could have on me, but smoking still made me feel calmer. I guess it was more a thought than a real thing. 

Anyway it helped that was everything that I needed.

As I got calmer and calmer I started to think the meaning behind the sudden siege. While the west frontline was in a stalemate. Except for the South that was even more peaceful that this one, the other two wasn't that lucky. The East was in the middle of several sieges by the Templar Order, they were a group that was created on the dawn of the war and they have been fighting for humankind this last 50 years. They're the steady type sieging for years a nest before destroying it with the lowest amount of casualties. The East frontline was the only one that wasn't in stalemate with humankind getting more territory from the Nhomas.

The North one was sometimes called the "Meatgrinder". It was the first battlefield of humankind. We built several walls and defended it for the last 50 years. Every day hundreds of people dies there while fighting the enemies. King and even Emperor level nhomas wasn't strange in that hellish place, more than half of humanity resources were spent in the north to keep it running. We weren't able to move forward but they didn't pushed us back so it was just a gigant meat grinder where humans and monster killed themselves to their heart content.


Hello! Sorry for being a bit late. Currently I'm really busy at work so writing the weekly chapter was a bit harder. As you can tell is way shorter that usually, and I apologise because of that. I'll make next chapter longer. See you next time ^^!

0