Preface
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What are the Skaérvíd?

The Skaérvíd anatomy varied between the genders. Males had thinner tails that were sharper and longer, usually ranging about fifteen to twenty feet in length and because of that difference males tended to wrap their tails around their waist to shorten the length unless they needed the reach. Males lacked venom of any kind because it was unneeded. They are abnormally strong and in fact, their species were stronger than average. Their horns were different in placement too, positioned in key parts on the body such as the elbows and a set on their chins that in a way acted as beards while females on the other hand had a single horn on both sides of the head.

Females had thicker tails that ranged from six feet to eight feet in length. Their tails were thicker for two reasons. Venom storage, and eggs which resided within the segments of the tail until deposited. Females were also extremely durable, inside and out, as they needed to be due to the males increased strength and the fact that offspring would accidentally tear their insides apart if their bodies were not strong enough to endure it.

Additionally, while the Skaérvíd had the ability to naturally form chitin over themselves for weapons and armor, the females of the species were the only ones capable of creating things not connected to themselves such as items or even buildings. Thus, females that could create a lot without tiring themselves completely, were held in high regard and were in fact a rarity within the species.

Something to note about the Skaérvíd are the differences in their pheromones. The males had pheromones that were mainly used as deterrents or communicating combative information during a fight. A way to talk to their allies without having to say anything. Females on the other hand, had pheromones that signaled 'home' to both the society as a whole and a specific one that only the individual and their 'lover' could pick up on. It was a way to signal where their home is, allowing males to find their way back to the society, or in cases where there is not one, allow them back 'home' with their lover.

Females had another specific pheromone though that could be used on other races for inter-species relationships, specifically used to 'alter' the body of their partner in a way that makes them better hosts for eggs. Allowing their partners body to tend and care for them without risking the health and safety of their body and the eggs within.

Lastly, the strongest trait of the Skaérvíd is their adaptation capabilities, where their bodies adapt to different environments allowing them to survive just about anywhere. 

Who is Sasori?
Sasori shown in her default colors, sitting on a tree overlooking a moonlit lake.

This is the first main piece of Sasori I've commissioned! The tail is a bit smaller than it should be, but are the correct sizes in later works!

Sasori Kigaru, the last of her kind after her species had been wiped out by various species when she was just a child. 

A fairly small girl, height around 5'6, a little thin with a fairly toned body and a set of sharp pointed teeth. Her blonde hair usually about shoulder length or more unless she happens to decide to let it grow.

On her lower back is a rather large segmented tail with a stinger at the tip, the tail itself about the width of her own body and its length exceeding her height when fully stretched out at about 12ft tall. The default color of her tail is primarily black with red centered on the sides and tips of her chitin.

The color of her eyes matched the color of her chitin, with her Sclera's (whites of her eyes) being completely black with red colored irises. Speaking of her eyes, she had a total of six of them. Two of them positioned on the front of her face like any normal human, with two smaller pairs located along her jawline, a pair on the left and right side respectively.

On the sides of her head are two horns, the top section split into two points while the bottom extends downwards with only one point. Why Sasori ended up with horns differing from the rest of her kind is currently unknown but it can be assumed to be due to her species adaptive traits.

0