Chapter 5 |Three Years of Training|
177 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the two exhausted bodies lying on the ground asking for mercy, Lien Hua thought that maybe she had been too cruel. And seeing that even after several minutes they had not yet risen, she promised to be kinder in the future.

As soon as the two agreed, Lien Hua took by hand the girl with the ice-coloured hair and green eyes and the boy with red hair and orange eyes and took them to the staircases leading to the city.

Lien Hua, when she was smaller, had been carried by her caretaker for a tour of the surroundings of her house, and he had shown her that after the stairs, like an ink stain on a white garment, there was a medium-sized city in the middle of the six mighty mountains. All this was laid out like a hexagon, and there was a city in the middle of it.

By bringing them close to the gigantic wooden arch with the inscription 'Outer Sect Houses' Lien Hua began to explain to the two children, "The reason why I brought you to the entrance of the Outer Sect Houses is so that we could test out our physical abilities."

Lin Yue, even with her cold face that seldom emanated emotions, was discovered through a method of Lien Hua's to have understandable emotions through her very expressive eyes. In fact, at this moment she was a bit bored and at the same time intrigued.

On the other hand, Chen Huang was a very active child, so he found no boredom concerning the request of their friend. He couldn't wait to show off, and compared to Lin Yue, he was very expressive.

Seeing their curiosity, Lien Hua began by explaining to them that she wanted to do a test of endurance and speed. It consisted of arriving first at the house of the creator of the idea, being Lien Hua's house, which was 250 meters (820.21 feet) away.

Lin Yue, as soon as she heard her friend's brilliant idea, was about to leave if it weren't for one thing: Chen Huang, as soon as he heard of the idea, looked at her challengingly, and this made her return to where she had been standing next to the others with sullen footsteps.

Seeing them ready, Lien Hua lost no time and put three fingers up. "On my mark, we start running… Three, two, one, start!"

And just like that, they started running towards Lien Hua's house.

Lin Yue surprisingly came in first, and a little out of breath, looked behind her, mainly at Chen Huang, and with an air of superiority, she made him angry and he immediately demanded revenge.

At that moment Lien Hua felt like the third wheel of the cart, seeing them so active and competitive while she arrived last, but with more breath than the others.

They did three more races: the second was won by Chen Huang, while Lien Hua surprisingly won the other two.

In the meantime, the people who lived in the general area didn't pay much attention to the 3 children running back and forth all the time around the place. They thought it was some method of play.

And now, while she was still standing there looking at her two friends with eyes of almost maternal affection, who were now both dead tired, although her entire body ached, she was very satisfied with today's successful experiment.

She thought to herself: 'I have a lot of endurance, but little strength and speed. Knowing this, I know where to improve in the future.'

Seeing that the sun in the sky was beginning to fall from its center, she understood that it was late in the afternoon.

She helped her two friends up from the ground, and she brought them to their respective houses and made them rest on their beds, waiting for their respective keepers' arrival.

On the way to her home, she began to think of all the various tasks that Old Li had given her. Through these tasks, she had slowly reinforced her body and remembered to thank him, even though it was probably an effect not wanted by him.

Going up the stairs that were placed in front of her home, she entered through the door and found in front of herself the person she was thinking about before.

Seeing Lien Hua all dirty and sweaty, Old Li first looked at her with understanding, thinking she had gone to play with her two friends of which he knew. However, soon after, he made a serious expression and began scolding her, "Lien Hua what did I sa-".

Seeing that Old Li was about to scold her, she thought about how she had let go of her past pains in these 5 years of relaxation; she also thought that these years had put her mind back in place.

Looking at Old Li, Lien Hua interrupted him by shouting at him. "Excuse me!!".

Old Li looking at her shouting those words, and he laughed, taking no offence.

Lien Hua, seeing her attempt had succeeded, laughed too.

After eating the food cooked by her caretaker and saying goodbye, Lien Hua laid down on the bed and began to think about what had happened that day, from her friends laughing as they ran, to her smiling like a crazy person all due to a simple run.

Lien Hua could say that she was indeed satisfied with how her life had evolved since she was abandoned by her mother, meeting her new friends, and how she got to know Old Li.

She could not yet forget the past, because although with her reincarnation she had gotten a new life, just as she wanted it, however, she had left behind so many people she loved, and the thought of seeing them with faces full of tears because of her filled her heart with pain.

But now that this had happened, she couldn't cry over spilt milk; she had to go on. Although this hurt her very much, Lien Hua did not try to forget, but instead, she wanted to remember all the people in her old life and thank them for what they had done for her.

So, without her noticing, Lien Hua fell asleep with a peaceful face.

That same evening, when Old Li entered her home to wake her up, and after he saw her sleeping with an expression so innocent and peaceful, he could only be happy, so he let her sleep a little longer before waking her.

Although she did not show it, Lien Hua was a very expressive child, and he, with all his years of experience as a caretaker, saw that she was plagued by something, and seeing that she had finally managed to find her inner peace, made him full of joy.

He didn't know why, but this time when he was summoned for the role of caretaker of a baby just found at the foot of the sect, he would never have expected to create such a strong relationship with the child.

Approaching her with his hands behind his back, he did not want to wake her, but it was already evening, and she had to eat her dinner.

Lien Hua, seeing that the person who had woken her was Old Li, smiled and got up from the bed, and after seeing that Old Li was cooking dinner, began to tell him what has happened that day. "Old Li, today I played a race four times with Lin Yue and Chen Huang. I won twice, you know?"

With great interest, Li Wei listened to Lien Hua and told her, "Good, good." In the meantime, with great skill, he cooked delicious noodles with chicken broth, his new granddaughter's favourite.

And so they spent a happy evening in each other's company that ended with a goodbye before going to sleep.

Lien Hua immediately fell asleep on the bed with her stomach still warm from the food eaten that evening.

As Lien Hua woke up the next day, more charged than ever, with a desire to return to training with her friends. She thought that the hypothesis she had created on spiritual energy was right.

Meeting with her two friends in front of Lin Yue's house, which had been agreed upon yesterday, Lien Hua noted that her two friends were also much more energetic than the day before.

Seeing that her two friends were a bit surprised and looking for answers, she had to answer their questions.

Lien Hua, even though she did not believe they would understand much of her hypothesis, told them, "Have you two noticed how your body isn't tired after some exercise? Well, I thought, 'If the spiritual energy around us is automatically absorbed until we are 8 years old, why don't we create a situation where it is forced to enter faster?'"

However, after looking at their incredulous, but also excited faces, she promised that they would train even more.

The two children were both shaken, and yet thrilled. It was common knowledge that the strong commanded while the weak suffered, so knowing that there was a way to become strong quickly made them very excited.

And so eventually the years passed. Lien Hua and her two friends began to train every day with different training methods -running, sit-ups, and push-ups- to improve more and more.

So on the eve of her eighth year, Lien Hua met with her friends at her home

9