Chapter 1
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

They dragged me down the corridors, back to the small room that they always kept me, my body too weak to fight back.

Reaching the end of the hallways, the guards opened the door to the room and threw me in, before locking it and leaving me alone.

 

The room was relatively small, one musty mattress where there were supposed to be two, and two blankets, the moonlight from the small cell-like window streaming in, casting the moonlight.

 

Crawling over to the mattress, my body still weak, I wrapped myself in both of the blankets, a familiar scent enveloped my nose, it was faint but still there, the one thing that kept me from going feral. I shuddered at that thought, pulling the blankets closer around me.

 

My eyes flashed violet , as I wrapped the blankets around me tighter, my body finally realising I wasn’t alone.

 

“Honestly, how many contracts have you broken?” The angry voice echoed throughout the room, a shadow in the corner finally stepping into the moonlight.

 

“How many have you broken?!” Now yelling Karl stepped out from the shadows, he was the demon that ran this hellish place, his eyes glowing a bright gold, dressed in a dark red suit,his white hair resting around his shoulders, anger radiating from him as I let out a small whimper.

 

“How many?” His voice was calm, although I could still feel the pure rage from him.

 

“Around 900.” I mumbled, too scared to look at him as I felt the chain click around my hand, my face being yanked upward to look at him.

 

“You’re lucky I haven’t killed you yet.” He hissed as darkness filled the room, his eyes glowing brighter, my body now frozen in terror.

 

As quick as the darkness came it left, my body still frozen, my eyes still glowing.

 

Karl grabbed my left wrist and frowned.

 

On my wrist was a seal, a crow, and the initials R.M engraved onto my skin.

 

A fatal thing, a contract between two demons, that was forbidden, they can mate, form alliances, but they can never form contracts, contracts are reserved for humans, souls, food.

 

Karl looked at my wrist for a few more seconds, muttered something about using a hotter branding rod and disappeared.

 

I shuddered at that thought, branding rods were used to permanently break contracts that were officially established, and it hurt, a lot, even for a demon like me, the pain was excruciating.

 

The doors opened again, snapping me out of my thoughts,  the guards who had escorted me here, once again standing at the door. 

Standing up, a dull expression on my face they stepped forward as they unhooked the chain from the wall and led me out the door.

2