Preparation
98 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep in an Alaskan forest there was a small log cabin. Inside of which you could see a girl laying on a bed with looks similar to miu furinji from kenichi, however with black hair, blue eyes, and a slightly more muscular body. Inside her room she sat up quickly all of the sudden and stuck her hand out, as if trying to grab something. She had a look of pain and loss in her eyes as she let out a scream. This girl was Asami, who had just woken up from a nightmare of her being pushed off a cliff and her brother jumping off to save her before they both died.

A few seconds later two figures rushed into the room with worry on their faces. One looked like young Joseph Joestar but with a younger face, while the other looked like old Joseph Joestar, but with shorter hair, the same beard, and more scars. These two were Raijin (her adopted brother) and Daichi (her adopted grandfather). They had rushed into the room after hearing Asami screaming, only to find her with an expression of fear and pain, something very different from her usual cold and blank faces that she seems to switch between no matter her mood.

"What happened, did you get hurt Asami?" Daichi rushed to her and asked with extreme worry. Although he does put through training as well, he makes sure that it is never to painful, Raijin normally views this as him playing favorites, and it probably is.

Asami just looked at him for a moment before seeing Raijin behind him and jumping at him before she started to cry in his arms. Meanwhile both Raijin and Daichi were extremely confused.

Daichi looked betrayed as he glared at Raijin, and Raijin felt utter fear when he looked at the both of them, one for thinking about what his grandpa would do to him for this and the other for wondering why Asami had such a mood change, 'Does she remember?' He thought worriedly.

After crying for a while, Asami finally realized that she was acting weird and walked out of the room, not bothering to answer any of the questions they had. Leaving an even more confused Raijin and Daichi standing there with stupid expressions on their faces. After a minute Daichi looked angrily at Raijin and closed the door, another few minutes passed and Raijin walked out of the room looking like he got run over by a truck. Meanwhile Asami was sitting in a tree outside hugging her knees and thinking.

Back again to Raijin, he was in his room sitting crossed legged on his bed and thinking as well. He needed a plan in order to prepare efficiently for the upcoming petrification. He started humming to himself while thinking about what to do next.

'Although I cant prepare a building to last thirty seven hundred years, I can prepare myself, I should start trying out Hamon. I don't need to train anything else because myself and my family can already survive just fine even without our house, we rarely use the heater, we hunt our own food, and we are basically immune to sickness in general, so the only things we will be missing are electricity and internet, both of which I can simply wait for Senku to make when he comes to America.' he thought.

'Speaking of which, maybe I should try to make friends with him on the internet, it might change the cannon a little, however it would give him a reason for my meeting up with him other then him and his friends being the only living humans. It would be a lot easier to accept me into his group, and he can help me study how hamon works as well. Maybe I might get to fight Tsukasa, I cant wait to see his face when I beat the crap out of him, Senku and Taiju's faces will be especially fun after seeing the lion killer get beaten up.' He continued to think as he fantasized about the future.

After thinking for a while he opened his computer and going through different science related forums and Nasa in order to find him online, after a while he did find a conversation between Senku and Xeno about rocket science. He clicked in on it and asked about a bunch of science related to it that the author doesn't want to bother writing about, not because he himself doesn't know about it, but because he wants to get back to Hamon. Also even if he did write about it, none of the readers would understand anyway, so he cant.

After talking to the both of them for a while and leaving a positive impression on them, Raijin closed his computer and went outside. He then ran for a while before finding a secluded spot inside a cave that was covered by a few trees. After going inside a bit he started thinking about Hamon.

Although he had practiced many breathing techniques before, non of them were nearly as complicated as this one. It was like comparing a hallway to a maze, obviously the hallway is easier.

He then stood in a horse stance and started the breathing. He found it difficult to do, not because his body or mind were unprepared, but because his lungs were to weak compared to the JoJo's. Yes he had practiced breathing techniques, and yes they had had increased his lung capacity, however, it did not even come close to the ten full deep breaths in a second that was needed to practice the advanced stuff in part two. He could at most get two if he was warmed up a lot and had just finished his breathing exercises.

So instead of learning how to walk up walls or on water, he simply started to practice the breathing technique and increase his breathing speed. He was also pretty handy and was able to make one of those fancy Hamon training masks that Joseph had to wear. Although he wasn't going to wear it until after the petrification, which he had hidden it underground to it will be like a time capsule.

Now, yes he could have learned the basic abilities of Hamon with his current abilities, however, he wanted to be as prepared and efficient as possible. So instead of wasting his time learning the basic moves, he decided to first train his breathing speed and lung compacity, only after getting it to Josephs level would he stop and start learning the techniques.

It took exactly three weeks and six days to reach this level of breathing, and just this had increased his circulatory systems functions hundred fold. He could now heal at ridiculous speeds and hold his breath for over half an hour without any preparation, if he used the Wim Hof method now and overloaded his body with oxygen, he would easily be able to survive at least six hours without breathing. This is all thanks to his prior training and his vigilance in Hamon training.

However, Raijin didn't have the time to learn any moves with his Hamon because the petrification would happen today. Yes, today was the day, the 12th of June 2038 was the day that all of humanity would be turned to stone for three thousand seven hundred something years.

In the last month, Raijin had done more then just increase his breathing ability, he had also become great friends with both Senku and Xeno over the internet. This meant that when he found Senku and his group later on, there probably won't be that many trust issues.

In order to prepare his family for today, he had asked his grandfather about isolation training, in order for himself and his family to be prepared to be trapped in darkness and unable to move for thousands of years. Although his grandfather only had a few methods, he was still able to convince Daichi and Asami to practice them, even if they didn't do it seriously.

As for Asami, she had been acting strange the entire month. She used to be cold to them but she would still talk to Raijin and Daichi a few times a day, however for the past month she hasn't said a word. Raijin was starting to get worried that she remembered and was holding the pain she felt in. Daichi had tried talking to her a few times, only to be turned down, and whenever Raijin tried, she would run away immediately.

So Raijin decided to find her, grab her, and hold her down with all his strength in order to talk to her. Like it was stated earlier, he is very intelligent, however has terrible common sense and social skills, and while doing something that would only be done in anime was not a good idea, he did not know that and proceeded to do it anyway.

He then found her and snuck up behind her, then yelled,

"Asami!"

To which she jumped and stared at him for a moment before getting ready to run away.

However before she could, Raijin grabbed her arm and held on tight.

"Stop, what are you doing?" She said as she glared at him coldly.

"You have been acting weird for over a month and I want to know why, and because you keep running away, I had no choice but to stop you myself." Raijin replied while looking at her seriously.

"I don't want to talk to you, now let me go before I get grandpa!" She said as she struggled to get loose. Although she knew how to get out of the grip, she didn't want to hurt him.

"Doesn't matter if you don't want to talk to me, you will or we will sit like this until you do." He said as he tightened his grip a little more.

"Let me go Now!" She said as she started struggling more, but Raijin just sat there with his eyes closed, basically saying "You can struggle as much as you want, but it wont work".

"Leave me alone! I don't want to be near you anymore please let me go!" She said with tears in her eyes, to which Raijin started to rethink his decision.

"I will let you go but you have to tell me what happened!" He said while gritting his teeth.

"NO!" She said as she bit his arm. But he ignored it.

"Is it about the temple?" At that question Asami stopped and starred at him.

"You remember it?" She asked while starting to cry, which greatly confused Raijin.

"I do, but I thought it was just a dream, to think you had the same one." He said while coming up with a pretty terrible lie. Which apparently she was emotional enough to fall for.

"I thought you were dead!" She started crying more, making Raijin finally let her go, thinking that was the reason she was crying. "I thought you were dead and I was hallucinating!" She continued as she hugged him.

Raijin being Raijin, still didn't know what the hell was going on but hugged her back anyway.

"Its okay, I am probably not dead right? Grandpa can see me, so if I am dead then that means we are all dead, which isn't that bad right? Its not like much has changed." He said while trying his best to comfort her, to which she bit him again.

"I don't want anyone to be dead!" She said but then stopped and looked at him.

She then pushed Raijin down and hugged him.

"Raijin I'm sorry, I was just scared okay. I just-" Before she could finish Raijin pushed her off of him and stood up while staring at the sky with a serious expression.

He then thought, 'here it comes'.

A green light that had a strange resemblance to a liquid spread across the sky. Both a serious Raijin and confused Asami stared at it for a second before Asami jumped in front of Raijin and threw her arms out, trying to protect him.

'I don't think this is how its supposed to go?' Raijin thought as he remembered Taiju and Yuzuriha at the beginning of the show, but with the roles reversed. But he let her do what she wanted, mostly because of the fact that they were already being covered in stone.

Raijin slowly felt his senses dulling until he couldn't feel, hear, smell, taste, or see anything anymore. All he could do was think.

And thus began their thirty seven hundred year slumber.

3