Chapter 1: Powers of Servants
787 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to the recent Crisis event, the entire multiverse was wiped out. With the return of all the Earths, Alaya the spirit of the world wanted humanity to continue living despite what happened. To ensure the continuation of mankind and to stop future catastrophes like "Crisis" from happening again, Alaya established the Holy Grail War to find heroes that could be placed on the throne of heroes after their deaths. In order to ensure the safety of the future of the multiverse, these heroes could be summoned to protect the Infinite Earths.

Carter wakes up in his apartment trying to digest all the information that had just entered his brain. He found that his Earth was destroyed during the Crisis anti-matter wave that struck the Infinite Earths. The amount of information shocked him. But, due to the efforts of a group of heroes, all the Earths were returned to their original states, albeit with some slight changes.

This is the Central City of Earth-43, one of the Infinite Earths of the Multiverse. It is one of the numerous Earths that was destroyed during Crisis. Despite what happened during Crisis, Carter had to continue with his life. “Maybe I’ll sort through all this information tonight after work. For now, I should just continue with life post Crisis.”

He woke up from his bed and cleaned himself up, put on his uniform, and proceeded to go to work. His apartment was just a two-block walk from his place of work the Checker Diner. Carter worked as a waiter at the Checker Diner. However, he wasn’t just the waiter but also the owner of the diner.

He inherited the diner from his parents after they died during a bank robbery. Despite being the owner, he enjoyed being a waiter because he loved to interact with his customers. He did this to uphold his parent’s beliefs and the motto that they made for the diner “The Customers And Staff Are Your Family, So Treat Them as Such.”

When he clocked in, Carter greeted all of his staff as he considers them his family because they are the only family that he has left. Carter then wiped all the tables, made the coffee, and put all the baked in the display case ready for customer orders. He then flipped the closed sign to open and welcome his customers.

Several people came to the diner, most of them were police officers, mainly because the diner is situated not far from the Central City Police Station or CCPD for short. Most of his regular customers were Police officers. As usual, at 8.30 a.m. his favorite customer arrives with his friends.

Carter went to greet them at their table and take their order. “Hi guys, good morning! So what will you have?” Joe, the African-American detective, ordered bacon and eggs and coffee, Barry, Joe’s forensic investigator son-in-law ordered some waffles and coffee, and Eddie, a fellow detective of the CCPD and Joe’s partner ordered waffles, pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, beans, and some coffee. Carter then repeated their order “okay so, good morning plate for Joe, waffles, and coffee for Barry, and the Eddie breakfast combo for, well, Eddie. Anything else to add?” To which Joe replied, “no that’s pretty much it.”

“Coming right up” after which Carter left their table and went to send their orders to the kitchen. He then greeted other customers and brought Joe, Barry, and Eddie their coffee. As he sent them their orders, a young Latino ran to their table to tell them of his recent discovery. “Hey Cisco, do you want anything?” Despite being tired and out of breath, he ordered a bear claw and some coffee. Carter went to get the coffee and pastry and sent them to the table of four, to which they thanked him for the food.

After the four finished eating, they paid for their meal and left the diner, and service continued as usual. When it came time for lunch, the two detectives and forensic investigator returned to the diner. Barry and Joe ordered burgers and fries, while Eddie ordered burgers, fries, onion rings, mashed potatoes, the spicy honey chicken, and a milkshake which the diner dubbed the all-for-one combo.

After sending Barry, Joe, and Eddie’s food, Carter sat at their table after telling the rest of the staff he was taking his break. When he sat down, he asked the trio “so, are there any meta-humans and or crooks and gangs that we should watch out for? Seeing as how most crimes nowadays are perpetrated by these guys.”

The trio looked at each other before revealing information that isn’t classified and is allowed to be revealed to the public. The trio revealed that there have been cases of theft but none of the stores reported break-ins. “We’re stumped by these cases.” Carter then told them “If I hear anything around my neighborhood, I’ll give the CCPD a call.”

After closing the diner, Carter went home to digest all the information that came to his mind earlier in the morning. When he got home, he took a quick shower to refresh himself before sitting down on his sofa to digest the information.

“There seem to be ten cards in front of me. Each one, representing one of the servant classes in the Holy Grail War of another Earth. The winner of the war will have a single wish granted. The war is between two factions, the red faction, and the black faction. Seven mages on each side will become masters and will summon seven servants to fight for them. The winner of the two factions will ultimately have their wish granted,” Carter spoke to himself aloud.

“However, I can imprint the servant classes to myself and gain all their power, knowledge, and form. Why was I granted this power? That is the question. I guess I can set the riddle for another day. If I can really have this power, then maybe I can keep Central City safe from all the crooks, thugs, and dangerous meta-humans” as Carter spoke out his thoughts.

Carter looked at the ten servant cards trying to decide which one to imprint first. The nine cards were labeled Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Berserker, Assassin, Ruler, Shielder, and Avenger respectively. He was tempted to imprint all of them at once, but he knew that would be detrimental to his well-being and that he could only imprint on servant at a time. “This is it” he exclaimed as the first card he chose was the assassin card.

One of the myriads of information that he obtained was the name of the servants that fell into that servant class. From an early age, he had been fascinated by the premise of Kung Fu. Using that desire as his reference, he opted to imprint onto himself for the Assassin class servant card. The Assassin class servant that he acknowledges as a Kung Fu master in hopes of obtaining that master’s martial arts knowledge and prowess, Li Shuwen.

“Imprint: Assassin Li Shuwen” as soon as Carter said those words, he found himself wrapped in a cocoon of light before having the light disperse. After the light dispersed, he found himself still in his apartment but he felt different somehow. He proceeded to his bedroom to look at the full-body mirror beside his closet. He was astonished, to say the least as not just his appearance seemed to have changed but his demeanor as well. Carter felt like he had more confidence and an attitude to look down on those who disturbed the peace and well-being of the innocent.

14