Chapter 36: Everyone Disperses
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, everyone was told to resume their duties. Just when the masters were about to leave the conference room to search for their enemy. The DEO received an unexpected guess. “Hello Barry, Sara, Kara, everyone.” Kara, Barry, Sara, J’onn, and Alex were surprised and happy to find their friend had returned to them. “Oliver, you’re back”, Barry came up to Ruler and gave him a hug. Oliver reciprocates and taps his back.

Once Barry let him go, Oliver told them the purpose of his visit. “I’m not back Barry. I’m only here to oversee the Holy Grail War. I hope Cisco has told you that I’m here as Ruler. Once the war is over, I’ll return to the Throne of Heroes. I’m here to tell everyone that I won’t help you in your upcoming battles. My role is to mediate and reduce casualties. Whichever one of you gets into a fight with another servant, I’ll place you in my Reality Marble to avoid harming innocent lives with your fighting. Whoever fights who is not within my power and I can’t stress this enough. I cannot give you any help whatsoever. If I do, I’ll lose my role as an impartial judge.”

“I’ve already informed your opponents of this. Before you ask, I cannot disclose the identity of the masters. You should be aware that your enemy only has six servants left while you still retain your seven. You should be happy about that. Now that I’ve delivered this message, I’m leaving. I’ll return when one of you engages another servant. Oh, and everyone, it’s good to see you again.” After relaying his message and saying his goodbyes, Oliver left.

“I’m sorry everyone but I have to leave too. I’ve left the company too long and I’m worried that Lex would try something again.” Kara was about to stop her, “You really think Lex will try something again? I thought you kicked him out. Can he still gain access to Luthor Corp?” Lena shakes her head, “This is Lex we’re talking about. He’ll find a way.” With those parting words, Lena left with Archer. No one in the DEO could stop Lena if she wanted to leave.

Lena had called a limo to pick her up. When it arrived, she went in with Archer. “Hey Archer, I need your help with something. I was able to get my hands on Cisco’s blueprints for his master detector. I was hoping that you could help me develop a better version of it and adjust it so that we can use it to locate servants. I don’t really care about the wish. I just want to end this war as fast as possible. I can’t let more innocent lives be lost because of it.”

Archer sighs, “I understand where you’re coming from but it can’t be helped that there would be casualties in war. Even Ruler said that he’d try to reduce the casualty count as much as possible. The best you could do is prepare for it. I’ll help you build the device but you need to have someone get as much information as possible on our enemy. It’s the only way for us to have a hundred percent chance at victory.”

After Lena left, Rider grabbed Cisco, “We’re leaving too. We won’t be able to locate our enemies if we just stay here and wait.” They went to the balcony and Rider summoned her pterosaur and they left as well. “I should go too, guys. I’ve left Central City too long and I’m worried about Joe, Iris, and Caitlin.” With those parting words, Barry ran out of the building.

“I think we should move out too. We can cover more ground that way.” Just as Courtney was about to fly away, Pat grabs her. “Now hold on Courtney. You’re not going out there alone. Plus, I know you. You just want to go around and explore the city. Well, you’re not going without us. All six of us will go together.” When Pat said that Courtney was puzzled. Pat had to reiterate himself, “You, me, Joey, Henry, Berserker, and Caster. We’ll all travel together. No-one travel’s alone. Those servants are no slouches and we’ve seen what they’re capable of. You can’t go at this by yourself. You should know this better than anyone.”

Courtney was disappointed that Pat stopped her, but she had to agree with her stepfather. “What about Berserker and Caster, they can’t go out dressed like that. They’ll attract too much attention.” When Courtney said that, Berserker and Caster covered themselves in light. When the light dissipated, their entire look had changed. Berserker was now wearing black boots, black leather pants, a white shirt, and a black leather jacket, along with his sunglasses. He has become your typical biker, while Caster was now in heels, with brown pants, a white button shirt under a light brown vest. She had her hair tied into a ponytail and she was now wearing glasses. She became the image of the perfect attractive school teacher.

“Well guys, I guess we’ll see you when you need us.” Sara took the legends and Assassin with her and left for the Waverider. She still had a duty to correct history and its anachronisms. Seeing how everyone had dispersed, Supergirl returned to her job and the DEO continued its operation.

When everyone dispersed, there were only four people left in the room. Eddie turns to Carter, “So, what do you want to do now? Everyone’s gone their separate ways and we’re the only ones left with nothing to do aside from randomly going around the city to look for the other servants and master.”

Carter rubs his temples, leans back in his chair, and looks at the ceiling. “I don’t know what to do. One of the most important aspects of any war is patience. I guess all we could do is spend the rest of our days as we normally would and just stay vigilant towards servants. How about this. The four of us go out, see a movie, grab a bite then end the day with a stroll in the park. How about it, you guys up for it? I saw in the newspaper today that a new RomCom was just released. We can go see that.”

Eddie wanted to disagree but his previous dates with Carter had ended badly with multiple interruptions. So he felt now might be the perfect opportunity for it but he had to play it cool. “I’m not really into RomComs. I’m more of an action type of guy, but if that’s what you want then I’m game.” Saber and Lancer did not have any opinions on the matter and they just agreed to the decision of their masters.

Carter then mentions, “It’s been a very taxing week. We need a good break. Who knows when we’ll get another one? So, Saber, Lancer, let’s go. You might even enjoy yourselves.” Sabre only said, “If that is your wish master” Lancer chides in, “I’m happy to go with you. That'll be the perfect opportunity for Master’s.” Eddie stops her before she said anything.

Eddie takes Lancer out of the room. When he did so, Carter left with Saber, “We’ll wait for you outside.” Eddie could only reply with “Okay”.

2