Chapter 39: Saving Joey
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scheherazade was checking on her master trying to make sure he was still alive. “Master wake up. You need to wake up. I can’t continue to stay here if you die. I don’t want to die, master. Please don’t die, master.” She started to panic when she felt his pulse was fading. Scheherazade canceled her Noble Phantasm and yells out. “Ruler, I yield. Please remove the Reality Marble.”

When Scheherazade spoke those words, Oliver reappears and disables the Reality Marble. The entire area cracks and shatters like glass. When they came out of the Reality Marble, they returned to the riverfront park, with the sun setting on the horizon. Scheherazade picked up her master and used her magic and teleports them to a different location. The heroes did the same with Joey. Caster created a magic circle and teleported everyone back to the DEO.

Carter and Eddie were taking a stroll in the park, each with a cup of coffee in hand. Lancer and Saber were chatting about the movie and walked behind them. They were enjoying themselves. Eddie takes a deep breath and inhales the fresh air, “I like quiet days like these. The peacefulness, seeing kids playing around, love birds displaying their affections at romantic locales. It's days like these that make being a hero, a life worth having. Hey Carter, you ever think about settling down and having kids someday.”

Carter smiles, “I understand how you feel. I like days like these. If only it could go on like this forever.” Carter drinks his coffee, “But I know better. But yeah, I do think about it. In fact, I think about it all the time. I’d love to settle down and have kids someday. But, it’ll only happen if I can find the right guy to settle down with. You know how bad my last relationship was. I wanna make sure I get the right guy this time. I always imagine it. I marry the man of my dreams, raise a couple of kids together, sending him off to work and sending them off to school, and greeting them as soon they return. We’d have dinner together sitting around the table talking about our day. That would be my ideal life.”

Carter then turns to Eddie before facing forwards again. “To me, the wedding isn’t important. It doesn’t need to be grand with lots of guests. Just a small ceremony with me and my hubby to be, and our closest friends and family. What I do feel is important, is what comes after the wedding. Our lives after the wedding is what’s important.”

Eddie drinks his coffee and spoke inside his head, “Carter, after this whole Holy Grail War mess is settled, I’m gonna get on one knee and I’m gonna take your hand, and that’s a promise.” As they were strolling through the park, Carter got a call from J’onn. Their date was once again interrupted. Eddie cursed inside his head, “Damnit again, Why does this always happen to us? Well, somebody better be dying.”

Carter turns to Eddie, Saber, and Lancer. “We have to go. Joey's been shot when they were fighting another servant, his situation is critical. Imprint…Caster”. Carter took on Solomon’s form and created a teleportation formation big enough for the four of them. When the four entered the circle, a bright light engulfed them and the circle raised from the ground until it was over their heads and disappeared. The magic circle reappeared at the DEO. When the circle descended from its mid-air suspension, four people were revealed. When the magic circle reached the floor it disappeared and the four had successfully teleported to the DEO.

When they arrived, J’onn took them to the infirmary. Henry, Courtney, Pat, Caster, Berserker, Kara, and Alex were there waiting for them. ”Listen Carter, we want to save his life, but he’s been preserved using magic. You’re the only other person I can think of that can help him. We were going to thaw him out but Caster was against the idea. She said that we needed to be really fast to save him or else he’ll die. Even with our technology, there’s a limit to what we can do. We’re hoping that you might have some way to help him.”

Carter as Solomon observed Joey true the glass and gave them his prognosis. “Caster wasn’t wrong. The moment he’s thawed out, he’ll die. The only way to save him is to operate and heal him while he’s still frozen in that block of ice. I’ll start the operation.” Carter goes into the room and began drawing magic circles in the air. Carter had drawn four magic circles, one was placed under the block and the other three were placed on top of each other above the ice block. Another magic circle was used to locate the bullet that hit Joey. Carter had a sixth magic circle to safely remove the bullet. When it activated the bullet was safely teleported in his hand. Carter placed the bullet in the tray.

After J’onn contacted Carter, he contacted the other masters as well. They arrived when Carter started operating on Joey. Sara even brought Constantine with her. Both Constantine and Caster placed their attention on the magic circles that Carter drew. “Hold it right there mate, I recognized those three green magic circles hovering above young Joey’s head. Those are healing magic circles, all three of them are. But each one is different somehow but could still work in concert. That’s some bloody high-level magic right there, and not just that mate. That healing magic right there is from a lost arcane art. Records say that it’s one of the most orthodox forms of magic that ever existed. How the bloody hell does Carter know this magic?”

Caster could not avert her eyes from the process. “He is able to use lost magic, and he possesses such power and knowledge. Furthermore, Alaya gave him this power. There’s no doubt about it. Only one Caster has this level of power from the Throne of Heroes. The Faker possesses the power of that legendary existence.”

Sara pulls Caster away from the window, “What are you talking about? Do you know who Carter is exactly? Answer me, Caster.” Caster sighs and looks around at the face of everyone there. “It is not my secret to tell, so I have no right to reveal anything to you. You should ask him yourself as soon as he’s done saving master. But I can tell you this, the form that Faker has taken is the form of one of the servants of the counter-force like Lord Assassin over there. It is the form of a grand class servant.”

After the battle with Caster and Berserker, Scheherazade took her master and teleported to a location hidden from prying eyes. They were now in an underground library hidden deep beneath National City. In this room, Scheherazade’s master was just lying there. He had died. She had no way to save him, unlike Caster. A bald man in a suit walked closer to the body and checked on it with his foot. “Yup, Stone’s dead. What do we do about Scheherazade, Lucas?” Gilgamesh was sitting on a golden throne behind the man called Lucas and he was drinking wine.

The man called Lucas got up from his desk and puts the book he was reading down. “According to my research Lex, if a master dies, the servant can establish a contract with another master. But that master will only have his three original command seals. He can’t increase the number by taking another servant. So, who wants to take Scheherazade as an addition to their original servant?”

2