Chapter 54: Brother and Sister
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the battle ended, Eddie rushed Carter to the infirmary. Using his fastest speed, Eddie reached the DEO and placed Carter with the doctors at the DEO. Eddie was escorted out of the infirmary when the doctors saw the condition Carter was in. Eddie paced outside of the infirmary with worry as he recalled the battle. Everyone at the DEO was called to the infirmary after Eddie arrived.

When they reached the infirmary, they found Eddie slumped on the ground with his back to the wall. When they checked on him, his response was in an angry and disappointed tone, “I’m in no mood to talk. Why did this have to happen?” Lancer and Saber arrived and sat beside Eddie to comfort him. Saber’s words eased his worry a little bit. “I’m sure Master will be fine. He will recover from this. I’m the one that knows this best.”

She then continues to comfort Eddie, “I’m not trying to badmouth master, but if he were to die, then I would disappear. My presence here means”, before Saber could finish, Eddie raised his head, “He’s alive. Thank you, Saber.”

While Saber and Lancer were comforting Eddie, Kara arrived and pulled everyone away. She told them everything that happened in the Reality marble. J’onn concluded, “Hrm, it looks like these servants are more powerful than the previous one, excluding Heracles of course. We need to watch each other’s backs after this. Alright, when everyone goes out after this, I want all of you to travel in groups. We don’t know when these people will strike again.”

While that was happening at the DEO, Lena was back at her lab at Luthor Corp. She and Archer were working on perfecting the technology to detect masters and servants. They managed to increase the range of the device to encompass the entire city but they were unable to locate the hideout of the enemy masters.

While they were fine-tuning the device, an alarm sounded as the machine detected the presence of servants as well as masters. Lena activated the projection and to her surprise, the device shows two red dots and two blue dots in the vicinity, “There’s two masters and two servants, in the vicinity. That’s not possible, Archer and I are the only ones here. Unless”, Lena turned on the security feed for the entire building.

She saw a bald man in a suit and a knight in full armor walk in through the front door. They entered the building unimpeded. Lena watched as the security systems, and the security guards were unable to stop them. The knight materialized a lance and easily plowed through security with ease.

After dealing with the security, the master and servant duo got on the elevator and waited for it to take them to Lena’s lab. Watching the security feed, Lena accessed the company security systems and stopped the elevator. The duo waited as the elevator ascended but suddenly the elevator stopped. “Looks like Lena stopped the elevator. Artoria, take us up.”

Lancer materialized her lance and blew the elevator doors open. Lex looked at the display and found that the elevator stopped five floors before reaching its destination. He and his Artoria jump out of the elevator. Artoria charged her lance with magic and thrusts it upwards. The attack tore a hole through the ceilings and floors above them, all the way to the roof.

Artoria grabs Lex by the waist and she jumps passing through four floors and finally landing on the fifth floor. Lex could see Lena through the glass doors. “Hello Lena, aren’t you going to welcome your brother with open arms.” Lena angrily spoke through the door keeping her distance. “You’re not welcomed here Lex. Leave now or I’ll have to take extreme measures to make you leave.”

Lex grins, “Don’t be like that. I’m just here to do my part for this war.” Lena felt disgusted by her brother, “What do you want Lex? What are you trying to achieve by winning this war? What are you going to wish for?” Lex brushes off his sister’s questions, “Oh, nothing much. But I’m not gonna tell you my wish. You know how it goes, if you tell people your wish as you blow out the candles then it won’t come true.”

Lex’s remark irritated Lena even further. Just as they were about to fight it out, a shadowy figure appeared between them. “I’m afraid I can’t let you settle your dispute here. You’ll have to take it elsewhere.” Lena and Lex saw the figure that appeared between them and only one name came to mind when they saw him, “Oliver Queen”.

Seeing the man before him, Lex became irritated. “Well, well, well. If it isn’t Oliver Queen. The man who saved the multiverse. Big whoop, anybody could do what you did. I don’t understand the fascination people have about you. I on the other hand am a Paragon. You couldn’t have done what you did if it wasn’t for me. So where’s my fanfare. Why doesn’t the world admire me for all my sacrifices, huh?”

Oliver turns to Lex, “I’m not gonna argue with you over this Luthor. People don’t appreciate what you do because you don’t deserve it.” Oliver raises his hands in front of him and a sphere appeared. The sphere was an orb and inside it was an island. “Surrounded by sea and forgotten by the world. Waters that took my father and stranded me. Land of battle, land of death. On your soil, bonds were forged and destroyed. Enemies and allies alike were born. Reveal yourself to us now. Island of Purgatory.”

The orb expanded and encompassed all five of them before disappearing into a sphere of darkness. The sphere bursts and the darkness disappeared. Lena, Lex, Artoria, and Archer now found themselves in a dense forest. Lex looks around, “From the looks of things, I’d say we’re in some sort of pocket dimension. I hate to admit it but I’m impressed.”

Oliver disappears but the masters and servants were still able to hear him. “You’ll settle whatever problems you have here. This will be the battlefield for your servants. Everything that is destroyed here will not compromise the real world. So fight out all you want in here. This is especially to ensure that Lex doesn’t try anything funny. And Lena, kick his ass.”

0