Chapter 68: One Against Three
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“After he left, I contacted you guys, then I passed out.” After recalling the events that transpired, a depressed Henry looks to his friends while sitting on his hospital bed. J’onn was the first to speak up, “For the moment Henry, you should just rest. We’ll decide what to do afterward.” With those words, everyone left the infirmary with only Joey to accompany Henry through his depression.

After they left, J’onn called for a meeting which everyone attended except for Henry and Joey. J’onn turns to Carter for clarity on the situation, “What did he mean, hand over the grail? I thought you said it wouldn’t appear until the last servant was left standing.” Carter shakes his head, “I have no idea either. The only way for the grail to appear aside from gifting the winner with a wish is when it is forced to appear. That can only happen when the war is jeopardized in some way.”

Pat released an exasperated sigh, “So Carter, how powerful is Archer? I mean Berserker wasn’t even able to land a hit on the guy. What kind of odds are we looking at?” With all eyes on him, Carter revealed what he knew about the King of Heroes. “Gilgamesh is powerful. To be honest, I don’t know what our odds are against him. But I do know that he’ll never fight you up close. He doesn’t want to dirty his hands. Instead, he will stick to his tactic of attacking with his barrage of weapons from his arsenal.”

Eric stood up and voiced his opinion, “We’ll stop him. I have to knock some sense into the professor. As his student, I feel that it’s my responsibility to do so.” Roger then sounded his thoughts, “I applaud your enthusiasm for stopping him Eric, but what did you mean when you said we?” Eric turns to Roger who was sitting beside him, “I can’t do this alone Roger. I’ll need your help.”

Roger rebutted, “And why should I help? Your spat has nothing to do with me.” Iskandar then slaps him in the back, “What’s wrong with helping a friend, master? In your line of work, I believe that you’d need as many as possible.” Just as he was about to argue, J’onn made a firm stance, “You’re in a way, already in our custody Mr. Barts. We can ship you off to prison right now if we want, but how about I offer you a deal. If you cooperate, I’m willing to pull a few strings so that you wouldn’t have to go to jail.”

It took a while for Roger to contemplate his decision, but eventually, he decided to help, “Fine, I’ll help you.” After Roger agreed to J’onn’s terms, a plan was drafted to confront Gilgamesh.

Three days later, Gilgamesh and his master, Professor Lucas Morse waited for their enemy to bring them their prize. A cold fresh breeze blew. While they were waiting, Gilgamesh asked his master, “Morse, why is it that you so desperately need the grail. You should know that there are laws that cannot be broken. Even the grail does not have the power to break these laws.”

The King took another sip of wine, “Furthermore, why did you not simply summon a servant that is more aligned with your goal? I on the other hand have no sympathy towards such a meager wish. As a king, I already have what I want. Unlike that King of Knights, I have no regrets for my past.”

When Eddie, Eric, and Roger appeared with their servants, Gilgamesh got up from his throne. He walks up to them. “Mongrels, submit and hand over the grail. Otherwise, I will end your lives right now.” As he said this, the servants of the three masters made an appearance. “How about we settle this in a way befitting of kings, King of Heroes.” “Umu, I agree. Prove to us you are someone befitting the title King of heroes.” Iskandar and Nero made their stance to face off against Gilgamesh.

Lucas sighs when he looked at his student. “You disappointed me, Eric. I thought you wanted to see me happy again. I thought that you also wanted her back. DO you not want your sister to return to us? Why would you go against me now?” Eric was disappointed in his mentor, “Deep down professor, I know you know that this isn’t right. This isn’t what she would’ve wanted. You told me about the deal you made to become a master. Is this really what’s best for everyone, or is it just to get rid of the guilt.”

Lucas was angered by the words of his student, “Enough of this nonsense. Gilgamesh, finish this fight quickly so that we can get the grail.” Gilgamesh shakes his head, before cladding himself in golden armor. Witnessing how their opponent was ready to do battle, Iskandar, Nero, and Lancer also changed into their battle attire. Oliver then appears and takes them into his Reality Marble.

Inside the Reality Marble, the four servants immediately began engaging in battle. Gilgamesh was on the offensive as he sent weapon after weapon against his opponents. Without much of a choice, Iskandar, Lancer, and Nero were on the defensive, when they defended against the incoming barrage of projectiles.

Seeing how they could not even fight back, Eddie took the opportunity to run around the island to gain momentum before appearing beside Gilgamesh and punching him on the side of his face. Thinking that the sheer momentum would send him flying, Eddie was shocked to see that his enemy simply lost his stance, and fumbled away by a few steps before recovering.

Gilgamesh was enraged when he realized Eddie had punched him. He intended to pierce Eddie with a few of the weapons from his arsenal. “Mongrel, you dare!!” Eddie’s strike created an opening the other servants could exploit. Seeing her chance, Lancer charged at Gilgamesh with her Noble Phantasm, intending to finish the battle immediately.

Brynhildr Romantia!!” Lancer charged at Gilgamesh at full force. “Restrain, Enkidu!” but just as her attack was about to hit, she found that her body had stopped. She could not move. When she looked around, she noticed that her limbs were bound by golden chains. Still enraged, Gilgamesh turns to Lancer after placing Eddie beneath his notice, “Mongrel, your plan was not bad. You would distract me with your speed before Lancer could finish me off after an opening was made. However, you failed to take into account the various weapons in my arsenal at my disposal.”

As Gilgamesh was about to finish off Lancer, his surroundings changed. As he was distracted, Eddie took the opportunity to get some distance between him and the king. Eddie noticed that their situation was not good when despite the sudden change in terrain, Gilgamesh still had a smug look on his face.

In the vast dessert, a large army marched behind Iskandar, as he got on his horse. “Witness the might of my army, King of Heroes. This is my Noble Phantasm, Ionian Hetairoi!” Nero charged alongside Iskandar and his army as they attempt to defeat the exalted King of Heroes.

Gilgamesh laughs at the attempt, “Very well, King of Conquerors, Emperor of Roses. I will face you head-on and let you witness my might. I will show you why I am exalted as the King of Heroes.

0