Chapter 02: The Grudge Part 1
390 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chicago, Illinois.

In a psychiatric hospital in Chicago, in a private care room. A psychologist used the computer.

It was at night, outside of her work hours. But Dr. Sullivan was determined to dig deeper into the case of the death of her ex-patient Jake Kimble .

Sigh!

Dr. Sullivan sighed, she put her hand on her face while looking at the Japanese article that spoke about the tragic death of the Saeki family .

Although she suspected that the Saeki family had some involvement in Jake's death . Sullivan had no proof that this could be possible, since the Saeki family is dead.

With another sigh, Dr. Sullivan stopped reading the article and turned her attention to the surveillance camera monitor, which transmitted images of the hospital to her.

And in the images transmitted by the surveillance camera, Sullivan saw the corridors and the patients' rooms. Until an image caught her eye.

It was an image of a boy sitting on the floor in front of an elevator door.

The doctor who looked at the image picked up the phone with the intention of calling the hospital security. But she stopped halfway, pondering the situation, until she finally put the phone back on the table and then left the room and went to where the boy was.

When Dr. Sullivan arrived at the place where the boy was supposed to be, she was confused because the boy was no longer there.

She looked around, but no sign of the boy.

Having given up, Sullivan decided to return to her office.

Then she swiped the ID card on the door's digital reader, unlocking the lock.

And when Dr. Sullivan was about to open the door, she saw the pale face of a woman in the door visor.

"Ah!"

With a cry of fright, Dr. Sullivan quickly moved away from the door while breathing hard.

Still walking away, Sullivan watched the pale-faced woman slowly open the door to reveal her appearance.

It was an Asian woman with long black hair, white and bluish skin wearing white clothing stained with blood.

Dr. Sullivan's heart almost stopped when she recognized the pale face of the black-haired woman in front of her.

It was a familiar face for Dr. Sullivan , as she constantly researched articles about the death of this woman that occurred in Japan.

Yes, the woman in front of her was Kayako, the alleged ghost who had murdered her ex-patient Jake .

Dr. Sullivan ran.

She ran with everything she had, until she reached the door closest to her.

Unlock!

Sullivan unlocked the door with her card and entered it.

Inside the small corridor the door had taken her to, Sullivan observed the figure of Kayako walking slowly down the hall, through the visor of the door that had entered.

Oof ! Oof ! Oof !

Giving several tired sighs, Dr. Sullivan turned to the right side of the small hall.

"Ah!"

Sullivan screamed and saw Kayako in front of the door she wanted to enter.

With no choice, Dr. Sullivan entered the left door of the small hall.

After entering the door she quickly closes it and runs to the next door that didn't open when Sullivan used the card.

The Doctor panicked, she tried to pass the card over and over in an attempt to open it, but it was useless the steel door wouldn't open.

In desperation Dr. Sullivan knocked several times on the steel door when she saw that a janitor was cleaning the floor on the other side of the door.

Bash ! Bash ! Bash !

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Ben! Please open the door! Ben! Please help me!"

Screaming as she knocked on the door, Dr. Sullivan was desperately trying to get the attention of the janitor who was cleaning the floor with his back to the door.

but the janitor did not hear her call and Kayako had already reached her, grabbing her neck as she made the sound of death.

Bam !

When kayako finally reached Dr. Sullivan , a chain went through the wall and wrapped around Kayako's neck .

" Creaaaaaaaaaaaa ..."

With the sound of her throat muffled by the sudden strangulation of the chain, Kayako was forced to leave Dr. Sullivan .

Clang ! Clang ! Clang !

Pull !

With the sound of the current moving, Kayako was pulled violently against the wall and forced to cross seven thick walls at once.

Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! Bang !

After crossing the last wall on the third floor, Kayako had been removed from the hospital.

And before Kayako fell from the third floor, the chain had stopped strangling her, letting go of her body, letting her fall on the lawn alone.

Boomp ! Crack!

The sound of breaking bones was transmitted along with the sound of the packet of the fall.

Clang ! Clang ! Clang !

And the chains that swayed in the air, had wrapped themselves around the phantom rider's chest.

Having recovered his chains, the rider focused his attention on the spirit lying on the ground in front of him.

Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack!

With the sound of Bones breaking, Kayako stood up in a bizarre way while all of his bones returned to their original states. And when she returned to her original state, she started to make the sound of her broken throat.

Creaaaaaaaaaaak !

Jump!

Taking a sudden jump, Kayako went all over the ghost rider, with both hands extended to catch him.

And in response to Kayako's sudden action , the ghost rider threw a hard punch through her unprotected face.

PoooooW !

Releasing a small shock wave, the impact of the punch sent Kayako flying several meters away from the rider.

And when his body hit the ground, a small trench was formed with the back of kayako .

Boooooooooooomp !

Soiled with dirt, Kayako stopped moving.

After punching Kayako in the face , the ghost rider frowned.

He felt as if he had punched him in an extremely cold block of ice that almost froze his fist as he touched it.

No, now is not the time to think about trivial things, I must end that spirit and leave this place.

Having reached a resolution, the ghost rider tried to walk towards Kayako .

Grab it!

But before he could take his steps, his leg was suddenly grabbed.

The ghost rider looked at his leg and saw an Asian boy with white and blue skin clinging to his leg.

(Asian boy): " Meooooooooow !"

Opening his pitch-black mouth, the boy let out an irritating meow from a cat.

In disgust, the ghost rider punched the boy from the top down.

Pow !

Sink!

Bash !

Like a nail hammered by a hammer, the boy's body sank to the ground, expelling a pile of dirt and dirt that blocked the ghost rider's view.

Seeing a lot of dust around him, the ghost rider used his hands to spread the dust, causing it to gradually disperse and reveal Kayako who was already on top of him.

Grab it!

The ghost rider was grabbed by the neck by Kayako , who put considerable strength in his grip.

Squeeze!

Gulp !

With a choking sound, the ghost rider was having trouble breathing.

Which left him confused, because in the current state of his body, his throat has no flesh and blood for Kayako to make him feel strangled.

Squeeze!

Gulp !

Despite having his doubts, the ghost rider could not let Kayako continue. So he focused his strength on his hands to keep Kayako away from him.

Grab it!

When the rider tried to push Kayako away , she grabbed him tightly around the waist with both legs.

Squeeze!

"Fuck!"

Surprised, the ghost rider desperately tries to get away from Kayako , who had stuck to him like glue.

Pow ! Pow ! Pow !

Push! Push!

Pow ! Pow ! Pow !

Strangles!

The Ghost Rider tried to hit and push. But Kayako continued to strangle him.

Her conscience was weak, the rider could feel Kayako's cold hands stealing heat from his body, while she made the sinister sound of her broken throat.

Creaaaaaak !

Unable to resist it, the ghost rider found himself in a desperate situation. So he used the last resort he could think of at the time.

Puke!

Like a volcano, the ghost rider spewed all the food from his stomach, which on leaving his mouth took on the form of magma, covering Kayako's entire face .

Burn!

Grooooooowl !

Upon being hit by magma-like vomit, kayako gave a miserable cry, which was more like an animal's roar.

Releasing the ghost rider who was about to pass out. Kayako began to roll across the floor, making miserable screams, while slowly disappearing into the darkness.

After seeing Kayako disappear, the ghost rider managed to recover part of his lost breath, leaving him with enough strength to be able to get up.

After getting up, the ghost rider looked around the ground and sighed.

(Ghost rider): "It was dangerous, despite the power of the ghost rider being incredible. My body is still inexperienced with this strength, which was a serious mistake of mine when I came to this fight without having a plan despite my current condition as a beginner ... "

(Ghost Rider): "... But that is also good, with the experience of this battle I was able to gain a better understanding of my powers. Which makes me confident for a second confrontation with that spirit. "

The ghost rider who reflected on his battle, had his thoughts interrupted by the sounds of sirens produced by oncoming ambulances and police cars.

(Ghost rider): " Oops ! It feels like my time here is over. "

Upon realizing this, the ghost rider went to his motorcycle that was in a nearby place, mounted it and left that place.

*********************************************

In the morning in an old Chicago building

Inside her room, Lisa, a blonde in her early twenties, was packing up her younger sister Rose's clothes to go to the park.

(Rose): "can I play in the snow when we get there?"

(Lisa): "I feel much more the snow has already melted"

(Lisa): "Let's button this up and let's go"

Having finished packing up her sister's clothes, Lisa walked with Rose to the exit door.

And when she opened the door. Lisa came across Naoko, her new neighbor.

(Lisa): "Oi Naoko !"

( Naoko ): "Could we talk?"

(Lisa): "Sure, we're going to the park, do you want to come with us?"

( Naoko ): "Yes, I would like to go"

(Lisa): "ok"

*********************************************

As they walked through the park, Lisa and Naoko watched Rose playing with the flowers.

(Lisa): "Sometimes it's easy to forget how sick she is"

( Naoko ): "I understand, she is fine, but inside she is getting worse"

( Naoko ): "It may seem strange, one more place is just as sick"

(Lisa): "I didn't understand"

( Naoko ): "I know what happened in your building"

(Lisa): "... You changed your mind about moving, didn't you?"

( Naoko ): "No, what happened in the building, it's the reason I'm here"

(Lisa): "..."

( Naoko ): "In Japan, somewhere else that is sick, because of what happened inside"

(Lisa): "What happened?"

( Naoko ): "A husband killed his wife, his only son and himself ..."

( Naoko ): "... An evil started with these deaths, then it spread ..."

( Naoko ): "... And now, this evil is here in your building"

Lisa was silent for a moment, before Rose returned after she had just finished playing with the leaves.

(Rose): "Can I play on the swing?"

(Lisa): "Sure! Can go"

Upon seeing her older sister allow, Rose ran out to go and play on the swing.

After seeing Rose return to play. Lisa looked at Naoko and asked:

(Lisa): "Who are you?"

( Naoko ): "... The woman who was killed, was my sister Kayako "

( Naoko ): " Kayako and I had a very difficult life. Our Mother was an Itako , someone who communicates with the dead. At that time we were very small and our mother taught us the old fashion ... "

( Naoko ): "... For me it was scary and for my sister it was a nightmare. Whoever was possessed looked for my mother to be healed, my mother removed the evil from them and fed Kayako with the spirits. It silenced them, but my sister was changed forever."

(Lisa): "..."

( Naoko ): "... When my sister died, a Ju-on was born . Which is something like a curse "

(Lisa): "... And do you think the curse is here now?"

( Naoko ): "Yes! I'm sure"

(Lisa): "And why did you come here?"

( Naoko ): "To end this"

(Lisa): "... How?"

( Naoko ): "With a simple ceremony at the place where the curse was reborn, at the boy's house. But I can't do this alone, I need you and Rose. "

(Lisa): "Look, listen, I'm really sorry for everything you've been through and I know you want to help. But this ceremony, I don't know, we can't be part of it. "

( Naoko ): "If the curse is not stopped, more people will die. You have to understand..."

(Lisa): "I'm sorry!"

Apologizing, Lisa interrupts Naoko's speech and leaves her to get her sister in the toy.

Naoko sighed when she saw Lisa take Rose out of the park.

*********************************************

Leaving the park with her sister, Lisa heard her cell phone ring.

Then she took out her cell phone and saw the number of the caller. Upon realizing that it was Dr. Sullivan's number , Lisa answered it.

(Lisa): "Hello!"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Lisa, where are you?"

(Lisa): "In front of the entrance to a public park with my sister. But we are going home ... "

(Doctor Sullivan ): "No! Don't go home, don't go into that house yet! "

(Lisa): "Dr. Sullivan , what happened?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "... I can't speak on the phone, come and meet me now at the XXXXX restaurant that is nearby, you can bring your sister along since she is close to you."

(Lisa): "Okay, I'll go there then"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Thank you, and Lisa beware"

After hearing Dr. Sullivan's request , Lisa hung up the phone.

(Rose): "Who was it?"

(Lisa): "A friend of mine, she wants to meet with me, does she want to come along?

(Rose): "Can I?"

(Lisa): "Well, she let me take you along, so it's okay"

(Rose): " Yay !"

(Lisa): "So shall we go?"

(Rose): "Come on!"

After receiving Rose's cheerful response, Lisa headed with her to the restaurant that was close to where they were .

************************************************

Upon arriving at the restaurant, where Dr. Sullivan said she would be. Lisa and Rose went to the reception, reception to ask what table Dr. Sullivan is.

(Lisa): "ah! Excuse!"

(Receptionist): "Yes, how can I help you?"

(Lisa): "I would like to know if there is any table reserved in the name of Sullivan in this restaurant"

(Receptionist): "Just a moment please"

The receptionist then entered the restaurant system and searched for Sullivan's name .

(Receptionist): "Here you are, you must be Lisa, right?"

(Lisa): "Yes, it's me"

(Receptionist): "She's at table six, waiting for you"

The receptionist pointed to the table where a single woman was sitting.

Thanking the receptionist, Lisa went to the table where Dr. Sullivan was .

(Lisa): "Dr. Sullivan ?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Lisa, good, you came. Please sit down"

(Lisa): "... Alright, come on Rose sit down"

(Rose): "Okay!"

Hearing her sister's instruction, Rose sat down. Lisa, who had sat down too, observed Dr. Sullivan's tired, nervous appearance .

(Waiter): "Misses can I take your orders?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "I want a strong coffee and you?"

(Lisa): "I will want the same"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "And you, Rose?"

(Lisa): "I want a soda"

Nodding their order, Sullivan turned to the waiter and confirmed the order for drinks.

Having received orders, the waiter left.

Seeing the waiter leave, Lisa started her conversation.

(Lisa): "Why did you call me that suddenly?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "I saw her!"

(Lisa): "Did you see who?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "A Kayako "

(Lisa): "... This is impossible!"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Sigh! I also thought the same, until last night's hospital attack "

(Lisa): "Were you attacked by her yesterday?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Yes, and she would have managed to kill me, had it not been for the interference of some other individual"

(Lisa): "... And what individual was that?"

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Well ... I don't know, I mean, I didn't see how he really was. I just saw Kayako being pulled by something outside the hospital ... "

(Doctor Sullivan ): "And after she was pulled, I heard horrible noises coming from outside the hospital ..."

Placing her hands on her face, Dr. Sullivan started to cry as she continued her explanation.

(Doctor Sullivan ): "... And even when the police took me to the police station, I was unable to sleep. While trembling for fear that she would return. "

(Lisa): "... Doctor Sullivan , I ..."

( Garsom ): "Ladies, here it is"

Having arrived with his drinks, the waiter served them before leaving.

(Doctor Sullivan ): "Lisa, I know it can be hard to believe what I said. But if that thing came after me, it will surely go after you, since it also saw them ... "

(Lisa): "..."

(Doctor Sullivan ): "... Lisa, you and your family should get out of that building, as soon as you can. They are in great danger in that place. "

Grab it!

Gosh!

As she listened to Dr. Sullivan , Lisa felt the sleeve of her jacket being pulled by Rose.

She looked at Rose and saw her making a worried face.

Sighing internally, Lisa looked back to Dr. Sullivan .

(Lisa): "Dr. Sullivan , there is  someone I want, that you meet. "

11