Chapter 20: House on Haunted Hill part 6
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the night, in the open sky, a red bat carrying a black idol was flying with difficulty high in the sky. While he made some sounds through his nostrils.

Ti ti ti ti ti

Clang! Clang! Clang!

While making its sounds, the bat picked up the sound of shifting chains. Just before his body was split in two and turned to ash.

Zoom!

whoosh

(Red Bat): "Tii...!!!"

Ssss!

Clang! Clang! Clang!

After ripping through the bat, the chain snaked into the night sky, making an arc before catching the black idol as it fell towards the ground.

After capturing the idol the current pulled it down towards a certain area in the Forest.

******

Finishing collecting the chain, the Ghost Rider grabbed the black Idol that his chain had captured. And felt a slight tremor come from him when she touched him.

(Ghost Rider): "It won't be like last time"

Opening his mouth, the ghost rider stuffed the black idol into his mouth. Swallowing him whole and sending him straight into his torso.

(Ghost Rider): "Double Boost!"

Taking on a golden glow, the Ghost Rider's flames increased in intensity as he focused his attention on the inside of the torso of his body.

(Voices of thousands of souls coming from the Idol): "AAAAAAAAAH...! "

Upon coming into contact with the golden flames, the black idol released a wailing cry of thousands of souls. While his body shook releasing several blasts of black lightning inside the rider's torso.

Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom!

(Ghost Rider): "Gulp...! GraaaaAAAAH!"

Letting out a scream of rage, the Ghost Rider focused all of his body heat into the inside of his torso. Causing the idol to scream even more as his body started to show signs of melting.

(Voices of thousands of souls coming from the Idol): "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH...! "

Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom! Brr-Booom!

Feeling the inside of his body being bombarded by black rays, the ghost rider stood his ground. As the black idol continued to cry and scream in agony, as he melted away, until there was nothing left but smoke that dispersed with one last scream being left behind before disappearing.

Noticing that the screams and attacks coming from the black idol had ceased, the Ghost Rider felt his left wrist tremble as he watched the black smoke that leaked from his body decrease in quantity until it finally stopped. Undoing the double reinforcement, the ghost rider belched, releasing a small amount of black smoke that was still in his body from his mouth.

Burp!

(Ghost Rider): "Aah, that's awful. I will never do anything like that again."

Lightly patting his belly area, the ghost rider looked towards the bright glow that was illuminating part of the place. And he saw a blue portal not far from him.

Upon realizing that Faylim had opened the portal, the ghost rider walked to his motorcycle, before mounting it and preparing to leave.

(???): "Are you going somewhere?"

(Ghost Rider): "Huh?!"

Hearing an unknown voice, the Ghost Rider turned his gaze to the left and saw a huge fist covering his vision.

Pow!!!

Baroom!!!

Receiving a punch to the face, the Ghost Rider's body flew. Tearing straight through tens of meters of forest, before crashing into the ground and stopping after creating a trench.

Lying in the trench the ghost rider was confused, not quite understanding how he ended up there.

(???): "It took a little effort to find you"

Hearing the voice of the unknown man, the Ghost Rider looked towards the voice and saw a middle aged man with red hair wearing leather armor walking towards him.

"We never would have guessed that you would be using the portals linked to the kill zone to make yourself untraceable. And if it weren't for Tyr's suggestion, we never would have found him. But, as expected, his guesses are always accurate": Said the unknown man as he pulled the metal mace attached to his back.

Seeing the unknown man wielding the mace with his right hand. The ghost rider felt a faint sense of danger being conveyed by the mace in the man's hand. Forcing him to quickly stand up, while pulling the coil of chains that was wrapped around his shoulder.

Standing with the coil of chains in his right hand, the ghost rider looked at the unknown man and questioned him in an irritated tone.

(Ghost Rider): "Who are you? "

(Egill): "Who am I? Haha ha! I am Egill, an ancient hero who once walked the mortal world before joining the gods under Odin's blessing."

(Faylim): "Lucas, run away! This man is very dangerous."

Upon hearing Faylim's cry of despair in his mind, the ghost rider shifted his gaze to his left wrist. And then, a shiver ran down his spine. Making him instinctively lean back as he saw the blurred shape of Egill's metallic sphere of weapon pass by where his head had been.

Va-voom!

Under the violent sound of the air tearing, the Ghost Rider saw Egill's weapon create a strong wind that, when it hit the trees behind him, blew dozens of them along with parts of the ground that were behind him.

Regaining his senses, the Ghost Rider forced a quick lunge forward, pushing Egill with both hands. But contrary to his expectations the Egill wasn't sent flying away, instead he only took a few steps back.

(Egill): "Hahaha! One should not be distracted in the middle of a fight."

(Ghost Rider): "Fuck you! "

Changing the shape of the chain into that of a baseball bat, the Ghost Rider lunged at Egill, colliding his weapon with his, creating a powerful impact wave that swept the entire lawn beneath his feet.

Engaging in a power struggle with Egill, the Ghost Rider shot flaming beams from his eyes towards Egill's face. But it was easily avoided with a slight tilt to the right side.

(Egill): "Oops! It was almost"

Taking advantage of Egill's evasion, the ghost rider kicked him with his right leg and used the momentum of the kick to create distance between the two.

Upon managing to get away from Egill, the Ghost Rider turned the baseball bat into a short-range rifle and aimed it at Egill before firing a shot.

Baam!

Firing the shot, the projectile flew towards Egill, who casually used the mace to repel the shot, changing its trajectory to another direction.

Recharge!

Baam!

Recharge!

Baam!

Recharge!

Baam!

Firing several shots, the ghost rider tried to keep his distance from Egill who easily repelled and dodged the bullets.

Dodging one of the projectiles, Egill took a small leap forward. And when his feet hit the ground, the ground produced small ripples before Egill leaned forward and began skating the ground towards the ghost rider.

Firing several shots at Egill, the ghost rider saw him closing in on him at surprising speed. And in less than a second, the ghost rider saw Egill arrive from his right side, swinging his mace upwards towards the rider.

Seeing the mace approaching him, the ghost rider jumped to the left, leaning his body back and avoiding the metal sphere of the mace that passed a few centimeters from his face.

After avoiding the mace, the ghost rider was caught in the gust of wind produced by the strike and sent flying into the sky.

1