Chapter 48 – Margrave Boner Hardcock
121 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...monarchy has resumed to it's rightful.."

"... so good that Daphne can fit nearly a quarter of it into her now.." Bonar thought to himself as the ceremony droned on

"..victory over the evil Valdoorian forces..."

"... when both Selena and Shiva bite my dick and suck blood at the same time..." Bonar's mind wondered

"... most achievements in the war, my greatest warrior, Boner Hardcock!" 

The crowd applauded

"... into Ariana's ass instead..." Bonar sniggered to himself

Suddenly Selena, who was seated next to him as one of the leaders of the squads nudged his side

"What?" Bonar asked

"The Emperor has called for you!" Selena whispered

"What?" Bonar thought and realized everyone was staring at him. 

He smiled sheepishly and walked from his position, up the middle and right to the front, facing the Emperor who held out his hand. 

Bonar at least knew to kneel and kiss the hand of the Emperor. 

The Emperor took out a sword and placed it on Bonar's left shoulder. 

"I hereby knight thee and proclaim thee as my loyal vessel. I appoint thee with the hereditary title of Margrave and the land to the East, bordering Valdoor, the former conquered territory of Bedlam and the amount of 100,000 gold to develop the land. I hereby charge thee to protect our Empire, and defend our lands from our enemies" the Emperor said, moving his sword onto each shoulder and then the top of his head. 

"Margrave Boner Hardcock!" the herald called out as Bonar stood up and walked back to his place. 

The ceremony went by like a blur to Bonar as his mind wondered the whole time. 

He was appointed Margrave, which was a high ranking title. 

The others were also given noble titles, with the Enchantress and Selena given the title of Marquis, while Matthaeus. Astalan, and the rest became counts with their own lands. 

The mysterious Selena and the enigmatic Enchantress have been awarded titles before, by many ancestors of the Emperor, and even those of other countries. 

But this was the first time they acquiesced to receiving a title.

Upon wishing the Emperor well, they both disappeared!

They didn't tell Bonar anything, but that was just like them. 

He knew Morgan will keep tabs on him through her prostitutes, and Selena will appear once a month to feast on him.

With the ceremony over, he received the gold and was ordered to make preparations to move to Bedlam.

He went to the brothel and was disappointed that Morgan wasn't there.

But Valerie was and she said that Morgan will be sending people to help him in Bedlam.

After all, she was well aware that Bonar was a bone head, incapable of running a territory by himself.

--

Bonar sat at the ceremony at the Royal Academy

He was seated next to Carolyn Goldchilde, in the seats where all the other parents of the graduates were seated. They were the closest thing she had to having parents after all, even though he was Bonar's lover. 

After the principal gave a boring speech, they handed the graduation certificates to all the graduates.

Bonar stood up and cheered loudly when Daphne received her certificate, much to her embarrassment due to Bonar being the only "parent" to do so. 

However, nobody dared look down on the Margrave. 

As the valedictorian, Daphne gave an impressive speech, reminding Bonar that her intelligence was miles above his as he didn't understand half the words she used.

They 3 of them had a celebratory lunch as Carolyn suddenly brought up the fact that she wanted to follow them to Bedlam. 

"Follow us? To continue being with Daphne?" Bonar asked in surprise

"No.. yes...Not only to be with Daphne... but also I want to set up trade routes and develop the business in the new territory. According to our intelligence, everything was destroyed there, and has to be rebuilt. That would be a great opportunity for us.. for me" she said

"What do you mean?" Bonar asked

"You see.... I am the youngest child of the Goldchilde family, and my brothers and sister have all taken up the better businesses. I may be rich, but I don't any substantial businesses. 

That time when I met you, when I was bringing in merchandise personally at Rockhelm, was actually my attempt to set up something for myself with exotic cargo from... other places" she said

"I do not understand what exactly are you asking from me. Anyone can open businesses in my territory. You don't need my permission" Bonar said

"What I mean is... I will be the official Merchant of the territory. I will set up favorable rules and regulations for business owners, as well as set up the government trading house and auction. 

I will be given the authority of the government to make money, and in return I will share the profits 70-30 with your household" she said

"Who gets 70%, who 30%?" Bonar asked

"Me 70% since I'm doing all the work, and I'll pay you 30%" she said

"No thank you. I can get administrators to do these things... I can get Daphne to do it for me" he said

"60-40?" Carolyn offered

"No"

"50-50" she countered again

"Come on now. You might be a master in business, but I'm not that stupid" Bonar said

"40-60 then" she offered

"No"

"Last offer 30-70" Carolyn said

Bonar wanted to reject, but Daphne put her hand on Bonar's shoulder

"You will be investing your own money and resources?" Daphne asked

"Of course" Carolyn answered

"Deal" Daphne smiled and shook Carolyn's hand

Bonar wondered what just happened, but with Daphne looking so happy, and it didn't seem like he lost out in the deal, he agreed.

Although giving a merchant his authority on business matters is a huge thing, he didn't know what to do with it, not anyone to be able to administer anyway.

Over the next few weeks, everyone made their preparations and they left together to Bedlam.

 

4