Waking up on the streets
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Smoke fills the air as a man walks by a dirt littered street. Weathered buildings can be seen his eyes can see while snot nosed children run here and there while playing game of tag.

"Ah, It's good to be young, no need to worry about your next meal."

His stomach grumbles as he wonders when was the last time he ate.

"Well, it's not like I was ever as innocent as them."

The man remembered the day he stumbled in the streets of Yor, having no memory of prior to waking up and even his name forgotten. 

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately he was wearing a yellowish tattered shirt and a faded brown shorts with pockets on either side and a worned out red slippers with a white strap.

Bewildered and terrified of his predicament, his past self run to an alley as he listened to bustling crowd. 

"The pork prices are going up again."

"Have you heard? The factory down south is hiring new workers. My cousin can get us in."

"Baluuuuut! Baluuuuut! Get it while it's still hot!"

"There's a girl killed last night, it seems they found her down by the creek."

Crouch down behind a dumpster, the boy wonders what the heck is going on.

"Where the hell is this place?"

"What am I doing here?"

"Better yet, who am I?"

*stomach rumbling sound*

"Guess I have to fill my stomach first."

Hungry, the boy got out of the alley and into the bustling street. Careful not to get flattened by the crowds of passersby. 

He spots a hawker selling meat stuffed fried bread. He seemed to be distracted by customer complaining about the taste.

"Give me a refund! This shit tastes like fucking soap!"

"Don't talk nonsense! It doesn't taste anything like soap, it may not be delicious but I won't sell it without having tasted it myself! Besides, you've already bitten it in half!"

The slowly walked behind the stall, making sure the hawker is not looking he two breads in his pockets before sprinting to a run. 

But before even taking a second step his head was grabbed by a strong grip.

"Where do you think you are going?"

A man wearing a police uniform stares at him from above.

"Let go!" 

The boy shouted and struggled but his head is still locked in the man grip.

The commotion alerted the hawker of his now stolen goods.

"Brat, you better pay for that."

"What about my refund?"

"You aint gettin any!"

The customer grumbles about having wasted his money as he stomps his feet away.

"Kid, stealing is bad."

The police officer says as he releases his iron grip.

"But I don't have any money."

"Tell you what, I'll pay for it this time but I better not catch you stealing again." 

"How much is it?"

"2 Gilas each."

"Here."

"Thank you for patronage"

The hawkers smiles as he accepted the money.

"Now, you come with me."

The officer took the boy to a police box at the end of the street.

He sat behind the desk, took a log book and a pen from the drawer and said sit down.

"Name, age, and where are your parents? "

"I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't remember anything."

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"I woke up in the middle of the road about an hour ago, hungry and without any memory."

"Well, that's troublesome. Judging from the way you look you are about 10-ish, and you've been wandering the streets for a while considering how dirty and tattered your clothes are."

"No memories at all before today?"

"None at the slightest."

"Hmmmm...... come with me."

The man motioned for the boy to follow him.

0