Chapter 0001
4.7k 12 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0001

“Where am I?” a black haired little girl in a torn ancient Chinese style dress questioned as she opened her eyes to a bright new day.

 

Calm gentle wind caressed her face, trying to whisper soothing words, only to agitate the many wounds on the girl’s body, yet gave testaments to the girl’s current location. She was on a ledge of a cliff.

 

Below grew vibrant trees, eagerly swaying to the tempestuous winds, their many branches interlocking with the tree beside it, forming a canopy of green. The sight was foreign to the city bred girl.

 

Above, vicious dirt streaks swirls soar through the air, cutting a wide swath in its path. A giant eagle with a thirty feet wing span tried to fly through the abnormal winds only to be rebuffed by the air pressure. After a few tries, the giant eagle knew it was not worth it to investigate the strange actions of the wind. It flew around the strange air currents.

 

Magical beasts are sensitive to the moods of the spirits. If the Spirit of the Wind did not want it to fly into an area, there would be nothing a low-level beast could do but to go around.

 

Perhaps if it was higher level magical beast, it could force its way through. Sadly it was only a low-level magical beast.

 

The enmity of the spirits was not something a low-level magical beast like him can endure.

 

Stories passed through its bloodline told of an ancient ancestor of the giant eagle, the Sky Covering Roc, killing a much loved child of the wind, pissing of the wind spirits. The entire Sky Covering Roc lineage was tormented by the wind and lost the ability to soar through the sky. Whenever a Sky Covering Roc tries to take to the skies, the wind spirit refuse them flight, and even going as far as pushing them back down to the earth.

 

Having lost the ability to fly, the Sky Covering Roc was hunted down to extinction. Only hybrids survive. Many bird species have the bloodline of the Sky Covering Roc in their veins. They also inherit an instinctual fear of wind anomalies.

 

Seeing such unfamiliar sights, the little girl tried to recall anything she could before waking up.

 

Athena. The black haired girl was burdened with the name Athena, after the Greek goddess of wisdom. Her mother christened her so, hoping Athena would have the wisdom she did not have, would not make the same mistake she did and grew to have the things she never could.

 

Athena was the fourth of seven children. As Athena grew up, she lives her name up, becoming an intelligent yet strange child.

 

The wind whispered secrets best kept unsaid, offered warnings silently heeded by the child who knew too much. The water enveloped the child in warmth and love she rarely received from the people around her. Lightning dances the skies and run through a new man made world, bending technology to its will.

 

The pull of the supernatural forces in the world of science and technology nearly drove Athena insane before she embraces her abilities and used it to pull her family out of poverty.

 

The more money she made, the more her family imposed upon her. They tore her apart with their incessant demands. They take without giving. They spend without working. They eat without paying. They live carefreely without wondering what sacrifices were made for their freedom.

 

Their demonic desire for wealth drove Athena to exhaustion, until one day, the three forces, wind, water and lightning wrapped Athena in a world of endless peace.

 

Like a hypnotize sailor listening to the captivating songs of the sirens, Athena walked towards the ocean.

 

Love and care.

 

Come with us, we will love and care for you as you deserve.

 

Gentleness and tenderness.

 

Come with us, you will receive all the gentleness and tenderness we have to offer.

 

Affection and warmth.

 

Come with us, our affection and warmth has always been yours since the day you were born.

 

Rhythmic tap on the windows.

 

Enter to our embrace, we promise you our everything.

 

Brash sonic boom and quick flashes.

 

Leave this world which only brought you misery and come to ours where you will forever be cherished.

 

Athena saw no reason to resist. She knew there was a storm approaching, but with her affinity with the elements, she thought she was safe. What else can she do?

 

Like a mesmerize supplicant, Athena walked into the raging storm. Athena walked towards the storm until she fell from exhaustion. She lost consciousness in the maelstrom, unconcerned of the world she left behind.

80