Chapter 0038
1.7k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0038

 

 

When there is chaos, there are opportunities, and those looking for a chance will act.

 

Isley Antant is petite, young woman who gets mistaken for a 14-year-old girl at first glance, much to the envy and amusement of all her guild members because Isley specialized in assassination.

 

Very few people will be wary of a child.

 

Isley has used these features of hers to get close to the target and kill them before anyone realized what had happened. As to how she gets close to the target, the 40 something year old woman leaves that to the imagination, but she has been known to say perverts come in all different shapes and sizes.

 

The guild has been contracted to kill a woman. Though female targets aren’t her specialty, the contract was too lucrative to ignore. The customers require the assassin to be female since the target was heading to take the entrance test for the Brilliant Yin Sect.

 

Given the level of difficulty, Isley at first refused the contract. The guild promised there will be others working in the background and two of their top assassins was already heading towards the target. Isley was merely backup.

 

She acted like a background character, neither too strong nor too weak but fearful to provoke the powers that support the contestant.

 

Before they left for their expedition, she was informed the other assassins is responsible for the distraction while she had to make the kill.

 

The petite assassin was infuriated. She came here under the understanding that she was to provide support only. Now she’s being used as a scapegoat.

 

During the distraction, she killed off her counterpart. More for her with one less person to claim the contract. Then she stealthy made her way to the target.

 

Jean Gretnore.

 

The lithe girl dressed in brown leather didn’t know who the princess offended to place a huge bounty on her head, large enough to for the entire guild to potentially offend the Brilliant Yin Sect and lay a trap en route to their hunt for the Sundered Lion.

 

Just as the young assassin was going in for the kill, she heard a loud, “Betrayers must die!” and saw a bloodied headless body falling into the jaws of an Iron Clawed Wolf.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Betrayers must die!”

 

“Betrayers must die!”

 

“Betrayers must die!”

 

Tempest repeated the sentence like a song set to repeat itself over and over again, each one louder than the previous.

 

There!

 

10 meters from Jean.

 

Tempest had no friendship with the aloof princess and under normal circumstances she did not care what the scheming woman was up to, but the betrayal unleashed one of Tempest’s worst nightmares.

 

She will do anything to kill the betrayers.

 

Just like she did back on Earth. Betrayers must die!

 

“Do you think you can live an easy life Eric? Do you? Hahahaha, I’ll make your life a living hell. How do you like living a life worse than death? Paralyzed from the waist down. In pain. Always in pain. Morphine in your line of sight but out of reach! Force to live through a g-tube. Breathing through a machine. Wishing you were dead! In a hospital ward with the rest of your conspirators! Hahahaha.”

 

In her maddened state, Tempest cast spells one after another, unconcerned of her target as long as she kills the betrayer.

 

Can’t hit a moving target with one bullet? Try 10 bullets. Still missed? Try 100 bullets. Still missed? Rain a hail of bullets on the target like Xerxes did to Leonidas in the movie 300. Fire enough arrows, bullets or spell to blot out the sky. One of them will eventually hit.

 

“Ding dong the witch is dead.” Tempest said once she saw her spell lop off the betrayer’s head.

46