Chapter 0048
1.6k 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0048

A band of female mercenaries steadily make their way towards the outer edge of Twin Tower City. Since the poor mercenaries couldn’t afford a interspatial ring or a interspatial bag, their kills were carried by the mercenaries themselves. The most prominent prize among the carcasses is a level 3 magical beast, the Sundered Lion, carried by a disgruntled Tempest.

 

“Seriously 3 seconds! You guys predicted I would die by the itty-bitty paws of the cutey cat! What are you smoking?” Tempest ranted to her spirits.

 

The cutey cat mention is the 3,000 kg Sundered Lion Tempest is transporting back to the camp via her Levitation charm.

 

If you didn’t fight the Sundered Lion with a group, you would surely be dead. Ventus expressed the sentiments of the spirits. At first sight, you’d go ahhh what a cute cat, then go here kitty kitty, and try to pet it. A level 3 magical beast has some intelligence, so it would walk up to you nonchalantly and pounce when it is in range. 3 seconds.

 

Tempest couldn’t retort. Her spirits did indeed know her best.

 

It had nothing to do with her trying the exact same thing on the feral cats back on Earth and coming home with scratches. Several times.

 

Cultivators see the Sundered Lion as an orange killing machine with large ears that can hear sounds from a 100 km away, keen eyes made for night hunting, large fangs created for biting the throats of their enemies and gigantic paws that can kill a human with one swipe.

 

Tempest view the Sundered Lion as an orange tabby cat with cute, adorable, fluffy, triangular ears, pretty vertical slit for eyes made for capturing the soul of a pretty maiden like herself, a mouthful of teeth made for kitty kisses and itty bitty paws for scratching furniture.

 

The contrast between the two views is too great. The spirits knew Tempest didn’t have the heart to kill the Sundered Lion when she had the chance and the intelligent level 3 magical beast will take the chance to pounce on her instead.

 

“I could have killed the Sundered Lion. After the fight with the Iron Clawed Alpha Wolf, I know better to let my feelings for cute cuddly animals get in the way.” Tempest grumbled.

 

If the others heard her, they’d knock her unconscious and feed her to the cute cuddly animals!

 

Lady, it isn’t your sentiments that get in the way, but your idea of cute and cuddly!

 

Yes, that is true. Ventus soothed. However, you need to see the truth through experience and you can only get that experience with a group. If you went alone, there would be no chance for you at all.

 

“Okay, I was wrong overestimating my abilities and underestimating the dangers in this world. But come on, 3 seconds?” Tempest is sensible enough to acknowledge her mistake when she made one and learn from it. She does have her pride, though. Her pride tells her she can live longer than three seconds!

 

After fighting the Iron Clawed Wolf pack and settling the aftermath of the battle, the mercenaries spent three days tracking the Sundered Lion and spent 20 minutes killing it.

 

It was anticlimactic for Tempest. A total let down. It’s like a 2-hour movie that build suspense for a final showdown that was over before it started. What climax? What fight the save the galaxy? What journey to kill the demon king? What destroy the one ring? Nothing!

 

Climax? Try premature ejaculation!

 

Save the galaxy? The galaxy has already been saved, and you’re left with clean up!

 

Kill the demon king? Sorry, the demon king rerouted his army so that even if you kill him, you’d only come back to war torn kingdom under the rule of the newly promoted demon king.

 

The one ring… hi Fro… what? “My precious?” Huh?

 

“At least there is good food.” It the only thing Tempest can use to console herself.

 

You made a lot of money selling charms.

 

Tempest immediately perked up, “Ooooh there's that too.”

41