Chapter 0052
1.5k 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 052

 

“Now, now Emery, I had my reasons.” Base Avon-Ying tried to calm his enraged life companion but she was having none of it. Personally, Tempest thought that line was the stupidest line a man can say in front of his beloved when she is in a frenzy.

Emery must have agreed with Tempest as the enraged beauty walked up to her man (There was no denying it now. Base Avon-Ying is her man.) and tried to beat him up.

Base Avon-Ying isn’t a stupid man, though one can’t tell by the way he handled his life companion, so he did what any sensible man did when faced against a magical beast he knows he can’t win against, run.

“I can explain.” Base Avon-Ying said as he avoided the attack sent his way.

“Start.” Emery never let up her attack against the black-hearted devil. How dare the bastard keep such a big secret from her!

Seeing the antics of the two alleviate the burning jealousy in the hearts on lookers. Even the supposedly perfect love has it issue. The scenes make Emery and Base Avon-Ying look like ordinary couples with ordinary problems and not the legendary perfect love thought to happen once in a millennium.

“You were determined to cultivate the body. If I said anything back then, you’d follow me back to the Mysterious Wasteland because we are life companions but you will always be plagued with what if. I had to wait until you choose your own path.”

“What would you do if I chose to cultivate anything else but the mind? Will you high tail it back to the Mysterious Wasteland and forget about me?”

“Of course not! What kind of man do you think I am, willing to abandon my life companion at the first sign of trouble?” Base Avon-Ying acts like an aggrieved husband whose wife accused him of cheating all the while running away from said angry wife.

“What were you planning?” Emery snarled in retaliation to Base Avon-Ying’s being-bullied-by-the-wife act. She went through all the hardship travelling from one end of the Magus Alliance to the other when one word from this bastard could have saved her all the trouble.

She hasn’t even started abusing the bastard. It was her who was abused. That cheapskate made her to all the horrible chores no one wanted when they were making their way here.

Kill the bandit, send Emery.

Kill the magical beast and prepare it, send Emery.

Take two night watch shift because the bastard was too cheap to hire more guards, send Emery.

Guard his back while he negotiated deals that involves a lot of flirting, send Emery.

In what way was that an act of a life companion! He’s more like a miser with his money than a lover.

“I used the trip here to try and get to know you. Once you settle on your cultivation path, I intend to be right there beside you, supporting you all the way.” Base Avon-Ying tried to placate his incense life companion only to make it worse.

“Do I look like I am stupid?”

Before Tempest can get a word out, Aria slapped her hand over her mouth. Aria likes to watch a spectacle, not be a part of it.

Tempest twitched then settled down to watch the show. The urge to say, “Indeed you are very stupid. Knowing you, you got assigned the dirtiest job while getting paid the least. If I was in your place, all the profits would be in my pocket. You saw how good I am at making money!”

Aria Se Jivock was able to block Tempest’s mouth, however she wasn’t fast enough to block the others.

“What idiot doesn’t yearn for the soul mate bond?”

“Her true love was present to her on a silver platter, and she doesn’t even recognize it’s value. What else is she if not stupid?”

“I think she’s more childish than stupid. Not everyone can recognize what a true love bond is.”

“How is not recognizing a true love bond childish?”

“Think about it. Only a child with little to no experience doesn’t recognized the importance of a true love bond.”

Snippets of conversation can be heard around the duo.

Emery flushed from the implied criticism from the onlookers and for her caramel colored skin, blushing is feat worth mentioning.

Base Avon-Ying was entranced by Emery’s adorable reaction. During their journey towards the Central Domain, Emery was assigned a lot of unsavory tasks. She completed everything assigned to her with a calm demeanor and a deadpan expression.

When Base Avon-Ying realized she was his life companion, he did everything in his power to try and get close to her. He didn’t know why but the blond hair green eyed woman would not respond to his overtures. The further the distance between them became, the harder he pushed.

Base Avon-Ying didn’t realize it was his attention and his blasé attitude regarding the consequences his attention garnered that caused Emery to push him away, causing the situation he’s currently in.

It would save him a lot of time if he told her the truth from the beginning and wooed her afterward. Emery didn’t have to go through the scorn the people in the caravan tossed her way and indirectly formed a horrible opinion about Base Avon-Ying.

Sadly, Base Avon-Ying was so focused on Emery and her lack of reaction towards his romantic efforts that he missed everything.

The silly redhead wanted to tease all the adorable reaction out of the blond woman.

“This is all your fault.” Emery yelled at the rich fop.

“Uhhh.” Base Avon-Ying is between a rock and a hard place, and he has no one to blame but himself.

“I work my butt off earning the pay to get here. I did all the dirty little things no one in the caravan wanted and you allowed it. I watch you flirt your way through twelve cities and six business deals, one which you didn’t even need to! What part of our trip here did you try to get to know me?” The last sentence was said in anger.

The man messed up big time.

“I take it back. It was the man who was at fault.”

“Yeah. With a true love like that, who needs enemies.”

“And here I thought when soulmates meet, they immediately fall in love and pamper each other. Who knew they like to torture each other?”

A slew of backhand apologies was given to Emery while the onlooker hurried to trash Base Avon-Ying.

All women, no matter how hard they act, wants to be cherished by their loved ones. Base Avon-Ying showed her his ugly side, used her worse than lowest paid guard and now he expects her to fall into his arms.

Emery seems like the type to endure the abuse for a goal. She made her way from one end of the Magus Alliance to the other in an attempt to become a cultivator using the body as her immortal path. Only she knows the hardship she sustained on the way here and among those experiences were the one her supposed life companion had piled on to her.

If Base Avon-Ying expected Emery to fall into his arms, he can keep dreaming!

Tempest nodded her head like she was aware of the intricacies of their relationship the whole entire time.

She was right!

Under the lonesome exterior is a gullible fool.

Tempest expect major grovelling within the next hour.

Unfortunately, that didn’t happen.

35