Chapter 0058
1.4k 5 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0058

Tempest felt like she won the lottery in the middle of the slums and everyone knows about it. Everyone was staring at her with eyes filled with jealousy and greed mixed with the intent to rob and if Tempest dies during the process, no one will ever know.

 

“Here takes it.” Aria Se Jivock was eager to form a karma line between Tempest and herself. Although they met face to face, neither Aria Se Jivock or Tempest did anything to form a karma line between them, much to Aria Se Jivock’s disappointment. It seems being a clingy vine wrapped around Tempest wasn’t enough.

 

“No way.” Tempest said and brushed Aria Se Jivock away.

 

“Whhhyyy?” Whining like a baby won’t change Tempest’s mind. She is not taking that hot potato. Tempest isn’t a stupid idiot who sees a person getting burned by fire then putting her hands into the flame to see what all the fuss is about. She’d leave that title for Xing Zhi Hui.

 

Speaking of Xing Zhi Hui, she may have given up on attacking Aria Se Jivock because of the past but it doesn’t mean she won’t attack her for being an idiot right now. Since Aria Se Jivock was busy trying to persuade Tempest to take the jade token, Xing Zhi Hui was able to kick her in the butt.

 

Tempest cheered in her heart. Again, she isn't an idiot. Openly cheering will only piss off Aria Se Jivock. Although Aria Se Jivock might need Tempest for one of her schemes, it doesn’t eliminate the need for petty revenge.

 

“Zhi Hui, what was that for?”

 

“I was trying to knock some sense into you. Apparently it didn’t happen. I can always do it again.” Xing Zhi Hui cheerfully offered.

 

“What do you mean?” Aria Se Jivock grouched while rubbing the spot Xing Zhi Hui kicked her.

 

Xing Zhi Hui shook her head in resignation, as if they had different versions of this conversation a million times before. “You always look at the big picture so much that you miss the minor details.”

 

“As long as I accomplish my goals, what do these little things matter?”

 

“You won’t accomplish your goals, and you might make a new enemy in the process.”

 

Aria Se Jivock snorted, “I’m too clever for that to happen.”

 

Xing Zhi Hui pointed to Tempest who was trying to sneak away from the camp like a thief in the night, silently and swiftly.

 

“Tempest, don’t run! I mean no harm. I am a good person. Honest.”

 

Aria Se Jivock only encourages Tempest to move faster. Tempest has never known a good person who says they mean no harm. She can’t think of a movie where the good guys say those cheesy lines.

 

There is a Chinese to English translated story that starts with a line similar to it.

 

Tempest believes it went something like this:

 

““I am a good person.”

 

Although everybody knows that I was a good person and a law-abiding citizen why did the public security officer in front of me still harass me to no end?

 

“As a law-abiding resident of Sulfur Mountain City, I pay my taxes on time and work diligently. In my workplace, I am a hardworking employee. In this locality, I am known to be a good neighbor and a good friend. I am even an avid pet lover! Look at this medal - my Ah Boa is the champion of the Community Pet Superstar Competition!””(1)

 

Oh yes, that lich is a good person. Just ask his subordinates whom he later betrays within the first 30 chapters! Then there are his schemes and the hijinks he deliberately gets into. He creates a mercenary group consisting of perverts, and he has the title as the king of perverts.

 

Yes, a good person indeed!

 

Sadly, Tempest wasn’t fast enough to escape the clutches of the insane idiot.

 

Tempest always thought movies were the imagination of creatives, and in some cases, not so creative producers. They had no basis in fact.

 

Until the shameless Aria Se Jivock grabbed Tempest’s thigh and hung on for dear life.  She’s going to take Tempest’s leg with her because her grip was about to rip it in two.

 

Seriously, where is her dignity?

 

Tempest can only turn to Xing Zhi Hui for assistance, “A little help here. I’m about to lose my leg!”

 

“Prying her off will only make you lose your leg faster. You might as well listen to her.”

 

“Fine.” Tempest grudgingly agreed.

 

“Yaay.”

 

“Say your piece.”

 

“But I already did. You passed the test to become a disciple of the Brilliant Yin Sect. I’m just giving you the token.”

 

“What test?”

 

“Killing the Sundered Lion.”

 

“What is the Brilliant Yin Sect?”

 

“Ummm….”

 

Again Tempest was the focus of all of the attention, except this time the stares were filled derision and ridicule.

 

Xing Zhi Hui came to the rescue and explained the situation to Tempest.

 

The Brilliant Yin Sect is a mid-size all female sect in the Heavenly Mountains. Even though they are considered a medium size sect, they are in no way inferior to the large sects.

 

Foundation and history wise, Brilliant Yin Sect is the seventh longest surviving sect in the Heavenly Mountains, tracing its founding to the Age of the Ancients era, over a million years ago. It is also the oldest among the female only sect.

 

There is no question the Brilliant Yin Sect has deep foundations. To survive and thrive as they have, they have accumulated vast libraries filled with high-level cultivation methods of all kinds, powerful artifacts and arrays to protect the sect, large territory that provide the sect with resources as well as strong elders that serve as the foundation of the sect.

 

Even though it is considered a mid-size sect, the Brilliant Yin Sect produced some of the most powerful cultivators in the Heavenly Mountains.

 

The Heavenly Mountains evaluates the power of the sect through three different ways.

 

The Hidden Dragon Soaring Phoenix Honor Roll lists the top 100 most powerful cultivators in the Heavenly Mountains under two hundred years old. Every one hundred years, all the sects gathers on Mount Tai to compare notes and test their disciples. The information for the Hidden Dragon Soaring Phoenix Honor Roll is gathered from the competition.

 

Another method to determine the power of the sect is their achievements during the Grand War with the devils race that occurs every 500 years.

 

Above Mount Tai is a portal that opens to a resource rich dimension, called the Heavenly Abode Dimension. Many natural treasures, mysterious metals and high-level herbs are found in the Heavenly Abode Dimension. The Heavenly Mountains would love to monopolize the resources in the dimension, unfortunately, the resources in the Heavenly Abode Dimension are too important for any one domain to monopolize.

 

If they were to work alone, they would be overwhelmed by the devils since the Heavenly Abode Dimension connects to both the Cardinal Realm and the Devil Realm.

 

Therefore every 500 years, all the domains in the Cardinal Realm send their powerful cultivators to fight against the devils.  The result of the battle determines the resource allocations for each realm. Those who survive can enter the deeper part of the Heavenly Abode Dimension to collect resources.

 

The final criteria used to evaluate a sect is the number of Dao Path and Celestial Elders a sect has. Some mid-size sect have more Dao Path and Celestial cultivators than a large sect but they aren’t willing to reveal their trump cards or the Elders themselves are in secluded meditation so their powers aren’t counted towards the power of the sect at the time.

 

The Brilliant Yin Sect have consistently produced cultivators on the Hidden Dragon Soaring Phoenix Honor Roll. They have done well in the battle for the Heavenly Abode Dimension and the numbers of Elders they have is quite large though they choose not to disclose this information since is related to the power of the sect.

 

Tempest listened to everything with an attentive ear, yet Xing Zhi Hui never mentioned the points important to her, namely, their cultivation method and how well they are in their auxiliary skills such as Charm Making, Arrays and Formations.

 

“So are you interested in joining our Brilliant Yin Sect?” Aria Se Jivock eagerly asked.

 

“Does the Brilliant Yin Sect have a cultivation method for someone who doesn’t have spirit veins?”

 

Everyone “....”

(1) The Experimental Diary of a Crazy Lich

 

34