Chapter 0089
965 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0089

 

A bedraggled Tempest being carried in the arms of a dressed up puppet and one elegantly handsome Cardis with windblown hair entered the headquarters of the Eternal Spirits Guild under the intense scrutiny of a hundred or so Elders.

Cardis walked into the council room like he owned the place, exuding a powerful aura enough to cow even the most powerful of demons.

Tempest wanted to sleep.

After exerting all of her mana to fly 110 km through the chaotic airspace, Tempest awoke from the strange state she entered when she was using her powers. She plummeted to the ground without being aware of descent.

Cardis was able to catch her in time. However, her mana was sorely depleted and she was in no condition to make the rest of the trek. Tempest was able to summon the puppet Cardis gave her and have it carry her to the guild’s headquarters.

It was quite a difference from the entrance Tempest wanted to make. She wanted the enter the guild with a splash, exuding her aura and suppressing everyone with her might. She’d be like those transmigrated heroines always read about, feisty, strong, bold and so talented everyone had to prostrate in awe.

Instead, she was carried in like a baby by the Mizu-controlled puppet.

Tempest curled herself into a ball and hid her face in Mizu’s warm embrace.

Warm.

The puppet was warm!

Tempest was surprised by the puppet’s temperature.

It goes against everything Tempest learned in school about the nature of metal. Tempest did transmigrate into a fantasy realm, however, should the basic law of nature remains the same?

Tempest glanced up and immediately stiffen. A veil can not change the nature of the puppet to any large extent. One can tell the puppet is a puppet by just a glance. Lifeless eyes, shiny metallic skin, weird hair, squeaky joints, stiff body, and a hard frame differentiate a puppet from a human.

Yet.

Yet this puppet looks better than a human!

Dark blue eyes, easily mistaken for black if they didn’t take a careful look, framed by long eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyebrows adorned a flawless face. Tempest can’t see it but no doubt the puppet has a straight small nose and plump lips Tempest only see on movie stars. No wait, not movie stars, but those artificially created K-pop beauties.

“Yes, that face is totally fake.” Tempest comforted herself to cover her own inadequacy. Even the 36 D cup boing boing is fake!

What is wrong?

“Ventus?” Tempest asked. Usually, she can tell it is Ventus speaking to her through their link, but the voice and the sensation seem off. Ventus’ voice had always been the purest of sounds that carried a hint of undisguised joy. The voice that spoke to Tempest was like a drop of water splashing against a still lake. The ripples vibrate through Tempest’s body, making her blood surge yet calm at the same time.

I am Mizu. Mizu replied to Tempest’s question. Ever since you pushed my will into the puppet, I am able to speak to you.

“That isn’t the point.”

Oh? The gentle voice flowed through Tempest like a creek or a brook meandering through a valley, soft and gentle.

“The point is you tampered with the puppet to make it look like a beautiful woman!”

Isn’t your intention to use the puppet as bait to attract the ire of those women interest in Cardis?

“Yes.”

Then it isn’t better for the puppet to look and feel the part.

“That isn’t the point!”

Then what is the point you are getting at? Despite what you were led to believe, I don’t live in your mind nor can I read it.

“The point is you made it look so beautiful, I look like a discarded waif next to you. Who would want to be a foil to a beautiful woman? Certainly not me!” Tempest said what was truly bothering her. Tempest never bothered to hide her true self from the spirits. Although they can’t read her mind, they know her thoughts, having been with her since her birth. She can be a petty little brat if she wants to be.

You don’t have to worry. I won’t stand out among the group of weirdos Cardis is taking you to see.

“Weirdos how?”

You’ll see.

“Tell me now!”

Mizu cuddled Tempest closer to her body and ignored the whining of a spoiled brat as they continued on their way.

30