Chapter 0129
690 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can see again.  Yay.  Thanks for your patience.  Here the next chapter.  Wait for more to be uploaded to make up for my absence. 

 

 

Chapter 0129

The interlopers, or as Tempest refers to them, stupid righteous idiots who don’t know how to investigate the situation, were a group of seven individuals wearing long white mage robes lead by a beautiful blond hair blue eyed woman.

The Eternal Spirit Guild doesn’t have an official uniform for new recruits. The guild doesn’t designate a uniform style for their official members either. The guild does require their official members to have their emblem embroidered on their mage robe, right over the heart.

New recruits can wear whatever they want, as they aren’t official members of the guild, however, most mages favor the mage robes for its practicality and ease of movement. Getting high-quality mage robe in the same design requires money and connections as each robe has to be custom made.

The bothersome bastards interfering with Tempest’s extortion, ah, debt collection looks to be rich, irresponsible heirs of some big wig kingdom who like to throw their parent’s weight around.

“Skylar, help me. That girl is trying to rob me.” Two face b*tch! In front of everyone, she acts high and mighty. When she barks don’t scare people off, she runs to her own like an abused puppy.

Hannah put on a pitiable expression, complete with glistening black eyes shedding fake crocodile tears running down her dirty face like an inverted star crying her heart out. Instead of black lines running down their white powdered face due to the mascara, it’s the tears creating streaks of white as it washes away the dirt on her face.

She silently sobbed into blondie’s embrace like a child would their mother when they have been wrong.

Tempest eyed the blond hair girl with interest.

Skylar Sedonis, the fifth princess of the Augar Kingdom. Located in the more tropic south of the Magus Alliance, with highly fertile land and a robust economy, the Augar Kingdom is considered one of the strongest kingdoms in the Magus Alliance. It has a 6,000 year history, a deep foundation and the original founder of the kingdom is still alive.

Yes, the original founder of the Augar Kingdom is still alive and holds a Divisional Leader position in the Hall of Punishment.

The Eternal Spirit Guild is governed by the Guild Master and the Council of Elders. Below them are the four Divisional Leaders and the Hall of Punishment.

The Eternal Spirit Guild divides the Magus Alliance into four sections: north, south, east and west. They assigned a Divisional Leader to each region to look after the interest of the Eternal Spirit Guild. Each Divisional Leader has 6 to 8 Regional Leaders under them. Below the Regional Leaders are numerous Mercenary Captains, their vice captains, squad captain, squad vice captain and then the members of the guild.

The Hall of Punishment is the disciplinary section of the guild. It acts like the police, monitoring and punishing the wrongdoings of guild members. It is lead by a Council of Judges with 4 Divisional Judges under them, numerous Regional Judges, Disciplinary Judges, and Investigation Squad.

It is important to note, although the Hall of Punishment is lead by a Council of Judges, it is still under the authority of the Council of Elders.

The founder of the Augar Kingdom, Bastion Sedonis, is the Divisional Judge in the Hall of Punishment overseeing the southern section of the Magus Alliance; the same section the Augar Kingdom is located in.

Skylar Sedonis is one of his many descendants. Although the Augar Kingdom is a prosperous kingdom with strong ties to the Eternal Spirit Guild, most of the royal family in the Augar Kingdom is born with spirit veins and cultivates the body as their immortal potential. Therefore, although the Sedonis family has a strong cultivator in a high position in the Eternal Spirit Guild, their faction is relatively weak in the guild. Aside from Bastion Sedonis, Skylar, her grandfather and another ancestor of hers are the only ones bearing the Sedonis last name in the guild. Because there are so few of his descent who chose to cultivate the heart as their immortal potential, Bastion has been partial to his family.

The other two members of the Sedonis family had kept a low profile. Skylar tried to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps and keep a low profile, except Hannah had bragged about Skylar’s position to anyone who would listen, spreading her fame far and wide.

Now, all the new recruits knew her as Skylar Sedonis, fifth princess of the Augar Kingdom instead of Skylar Sedonis, the mage.

Tempest knew of Skylar’s faction. Cardis gave her a crash course about the various factions in the Eternal Spirit Guild before tossing her into the courtyard of the Sphere of Spiritual Influence.

Well, Tempest isn’t scared of Hannah’s backer. If they want to compare backers, Tempest likes to see who is stronger than Cardis in this guild.

“The dogs run to its master when its bark doesn’t do the job.” Tempest jeered at the performing duo.

“Who are you calling a dog?” Hannah stopped her pathetic acting to yell at Tempest.

“The one who responded.” Tempest gleefully answered. She always wanted to use the line but never had a chance to do so. She normally knocks out her targets then proceeds to torture them until they wished they were dead. No face slapping or interrogation needed.

“You damn slut. You’re nothing but a small-time thief. Duel me if you dare.”

“I just did. You lost. Badly.” Tempest replied, deadpanned.

“You cheated. You sneaked attack me trying to steal my space bag!”

Tempest was about to retort to the insult when she saw someone trying to make off with Hannah’s space bag from the corner of her eyes.

“My money!” Tempest snatched the space bag from the snatcher’s hand before he could make off with the space bag. She was about to dig into the space bag for the 600 silver owed to her when Skylar grabbed the bag and tossed it to Hannah.

“Only a thief would try to take something that isn’t theirs,” Skylar stated gently. Everything about the blond was soft, sweet and gentle, like a creek meander through a lush, vibrant valley.

“A debt must be paid. I’m just forcible collecting my money.” In contrast, Tempest was biting and cold, like a lake frozen over during the winter. Tempest cast As Swift as the Wind on herself again and ran towards Hannah, stealing the space bag out of her grasp.

“A bandit forcible collects their money as well.” Skylar took the moment when Tempest stopped to store the space bag to use her own movement spell and took the space bag away from Tempest.

“An unwitting accomplice to a crime is still a criminal.” Tempest snatched the space bag back.

“This one had the authority to investigate a crime and dole out punishment.” Skylar flashed a Disciplinary token, signifying her status as a member of the Hall of Punishment before she cast her movement spell again and grabbed the space bag out of Tempest’s hand.

“A fake prop is still a fake.” Tempest cast as Swift as the Wind then made a feint for the space bag. When Skylar tried to prevent her from stealing the space bag, she was able to snatch the Disciplinary token out of her hands. Tempest activates the token with her mana. A bright light burst out of the token, lighting the sky with a brilliant display of magic. “Borrowed goods does not give the borrower the authority associated with said goods. The lender of said good is just a culpable as the bandit when a crime is committed under their banner.”

Tempest smirked as she watches Skylar paled under her veiled threat.

Once a recruit officially becomes a member of the guild, they are given a guild token. The guild token would display the name of its owner for others to see if the owner injects the mana into the token. If anyone else aside from the rightful owner injects their mana into the token, a bright light shoots out of the token like a firework, lighting up the sky, signaling its location to all the guild members in the area.

Skylar recovered from the mental blow Tempest dealt her, proving she had more meddle than Tempest gave her credit for. “As long as one has righteousness, then one does not fear the false reprimand of others.”

“Righteousness and stupidity go hand in hand.” Speaking of hands, Tempest was eyeing the space bag in Skylar’s hand with avid interest. She will take back what was stolen from her.

“Tempest, come on. Mao has already accepted several quests on our behalf. We need to head over to register or the assignment becomes invalid.” Fenix deliberately said those words to end the weird exchange Tempest had with Skylar.

It was decided that she and Bei Ting Mao would head over to the Assignment Center and choose their task. Fenix had her connections and knew the ins and outs of the guild while Bei Ting Mao would go with her since he at least looks like an adult.

Fenix and Bei Ting Mao finished their assignment before Tempest’s confrontation with Hannah even started but the duo stayed far away from Tempest as they could. They knew she was going to rope them into selling the charms for her and they didn’t want to embarrass themselves in front of a crowd.

They saw everything, yet they chose not to intervene. Tempest claimed she had a connection with Cardis through his Successor, but she wasn’t the only one who claimed dubious connections with powerful people in the guild. If things escalate, then they can see if Tempest did have a connection as she claimed or if her words were empty as the void.

Besides, an altercation on this level is nothing more than two children squabbling. They wouldn’t be punished harshly. Then Skylar stepped in. Bei Ting Mao didn’t know anything about Skylar Sedonis and the Augar Kingdom but Fenix does. She admonishes herself for not stepping in the minute Skylar showed up, but Tempest didn’t do anything except play a strange game of tag with Skylar. She thought she could have put a stop to the fighting if it got serious enough, however she didn’t predict Tempest would activate the Disciplinary token and call in the Investigation Squad.

It was what she wanted. She wanted the situation to escalate to the point where Tempest’s backer had to step in but when push comes to shove, Fenix couldn’t handle the pressure the consequences brought. So she caved.

“Shut it Fenix. I have 600 silvers on the line. I’m getting my money no matter what!” Tempest made another attempt to snatch the space bag away from Skylar but this time she was prepared for Tempest so Tempest came out empty handed.

Fenix signaled Bei Ting Mao to help her with eyes. Bei Ting Mao knew enough about women to not get between them when they are fighting or he’d become collateral damage. He immediately shrugs off the responsibility.

Graden standing beside Bei Ting Mao looked as if he was no help at all. With his placid temperament and weak scrawny body, he’d die before he can get with 100 meters of the girls. Graden should have looked like a teenager around 15 or 16 years old, yet he looked like he was 12 years old, blending right in with the rest of the group.

Yu Li Ming was of no help either. She had neither power, backing or temperament to stop the fight.

Starm… smiled sweetly and leap into action. The little boy runs towards Tempest with a cute adorable smile so bright no one could resist yelling, “Sis Tempest. Look, I’ve sold all the charms you gave me.”

Tempest turned her attention to the little boy who threw himself into with her. She was about to reflexively toss the boy away but the boy held on tight. Tempest was able to say her instinctive reaction due to one word - money.

Yep, Tempest held the little boy because he had her silvers, more specifically, he had the money from the sales of the charms she gave him.

“Oh, I knew I could count on you Starm.” Tempest cooed and compliment the boy. She had to praise him a bit, or he’d hold her money hostage. He said he sold her charms but he hadn’t to give her the money yet.

“We should hurry and register the assignment, Sis Tempest before they gave it to someone else. I saw Brother Mao pick up seven assignments and the lowest one pays out 30 gold coins.”

100 silvers = 1 gold. 30 golds = 3000 silvers. 3000 silvers x 7 assignments = 21,000 silvers. Giving up 21,000 silver for 600 silvers isn’t profitable. With a, “Watch your back,” toss toward Skylar and what she thinks is a fierce glare sent towards Hannah, Tempest carried the adorable little boy to the Assignment Center.

She’d make her 21,000 silver coins first before coming back to collect her 700 silver coins. Interest is a b*tch!

22