Chapter 0141
670 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0141

Cannon fodders always die. They aren’t called canon fodders for nothing. If they don’t die, then they aren’t canon fodders but side characters.

Tempest had never understood the behavior of a cannon fodder nor does she understand the behavior of the main character who let said cannon fodder lives because they want to slowly torture them. Just kill them all off and save the readers three to four hundred chapters of misery because, after a while, the cockroach character coming back over and over and over again gets boring.

That’s what she’s going to do with the cannon fodders who were surrounding her kill.

“Hey, what do you think you are doing with the magical beast I killed?” Tempest yelled her question once she got close enough for them to hear her.

“Your kill? Can’t you see this Malignant Brown Bear was killed by our esteemed leader, the sixth prince of the Solen Kingdom?” Flunky one sneered toward the poor little girl interrupting their hunt.

Of course, Tempest looked like a poor ragamuffin. Aside from her mage robe, which she considered a worthwhile investment, the rest of her garb is the cheapest clothes she could find. Ugly and course hemp tunic, black pants that had seen better days and shoes two sizes too big complete the whole ensemble.

Flunky one and flunky two did look better than Tempest. It wasn’t their mage robe. Their mage robe was not as good as the one Tempest was wearing. Tempest knows a high-quality storage device is the best investment she could make at this time. Her mage robe wasn’t flashy, but the space inside sure is big.

Their tunics, pants, and shoes were made out of a high-quality silk Tempest saw in one of those fancy schmancy stores she walked past somewhere in the guild.

Tempest wanted to tell them, “The clothes don’t make the man cause those high-class garbs can’t hide the sewer stench coming off of you.”

Okay, so she did it out loud.

Tempest’s words hit a nerve on flunky one because he yelled “Damn slut,” and launched an attack at Tempest.

Before Tempest could counter, Bei Ting Mao was there, blocking the fool’s attack and countering with one of his own. It sent flunky one right into a big tree.

“You are being a bit overbearing aren’t you, attacking my servant without any consideration for me.” an arrogant voice drawled.

“Look to the master before beating the dog, huh?” Bei Ting Mao mused.

“Yeah, he’s the kind of person who treats his group members as servants.” Tempest nodded. “A second generation little ancestor who can only depend on his status and his family. Take it all away, and he’s nothing but a second rate moron.”

Tempest and Bei Ting Mao jumped back as the arrogant little second generation ancestor cast Stone Shot, a one circle earth spell that launches a rock at the target.

“Weak.”

“Slow.”

“Enough you two. Don’t taunt the rich boy.” Graden admonishment only added to the insult thrown at the little second-generation ancestor.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

“They were right. Your Stone Shot is slow and weak.” Graden wasn’t mocking the little second-generation ancestor. His Stone Shot was really weak.

Their group considered Yu Li Ming’s water spell weak. It might seem like the group was cavalier in their actions when they tossed Yu Li Ming to Tempest for guidance, but for all of Tempest’s silly behavior, she is the best person to guide Yu Li Ming.

This guy Stone Shot was even weaker than Yu Li Ming’s water attack.

“Those were merely warning shots.” The little second-generation ancestor was still trying to act tough. “I didn’t want to kill fellow guildmates early into the recruitment period. Leave before I get serious.”

Tempest was about to call the fool’s bluff, but a jab in the waist from Graden stopped her.

“We don’t want to cause bloodshed within the guild at an early age either. We’ll take the Malignant Brown Bear and be on our way.”

“The Malignant Brown Bear was killed by our group leader, the sixth prince of the Solen Kingdom, Mark Aventil. What made you think you can come in and claim our kill for yourself?” Flunky two was a bit smarter than a flunky one. He used reason instead of blind superiority.

“No mistake was made. I killed that magical beast. It was you who made the mistake. Your Stone Shot missed the target and is embedded into that tree over there.” Tempest refuted the fool with her brand of logic.

“It is you who made the mistake. The Malignant Brown Bear was killed by me.” Mark Aventil insisted.

Pride is another thing Tempest doesn’t understand. She takes pride in her work or her own accomplishments. What is hers is hers! What is theirs is theirs! Taking other accomplishments and claiming it as her own gives her no sense of pride in the act.

For their pride, they still try to claim what is not theirs as theirs.

Tempest didn’t like these fools. He said his name with a self-importance air like everyone should know who he is and bow down to him. Tempest already wanted to kill him then, but she didn’t because she didn’t want to cause too much trouble. Now the damn fool didn’t know what was good for him and still insist he is right.

“What proof do you have to back up your claim?” Tempest asked just in case there is a small, very small, possibility she could be wrong. The Stone Shot in the tree could be from their previous fight, but she didn’t think so. This Stone Shot was much stronger than the one Mark Aventil used on them earlier.

Someone was mimicking Mark Aventil’s magic and killing the magical beasts. Probably one of the flunkies wanted to flatter Mark but his magic was so crappy he needed to kill the magical beasts in Mark stead and hand the credit over to him.

The Stone Shot embedded in the tree seems to be a bit stronger Mark’s attack, but not by much. The skill of the original caster isn’t very good or he’d actually kill the Malignant Brown Bear instead of missing.

“My word as the sixth prince of the Solen Kingdom is enough.” No proof offered and the fool expect Tempest to accept his word because he thinks he is important because he comes from a powerful kingdom? Dream on.

Graden gripped Tempest’s shoulder as a warning before she could escalate the situation to unsalvageable levels.

“Although the Solen Kingdom is one of the most powerful kingdoms in the Magus Alliance, with deep foundations and powerful mages protecting it, it is quite far away from here. Furthermore, all new recruits in the Eternal Spirit Guild are forbidden from using their background to intimidate others. During the recruitment period, even the Argulus Kingdom, the most powerful kingdom in the Magus Alliance could not interfere or investigate the situation should even their crown princess dies. I don’t think the Solen Kingdom would dare to do what a stronger kingdom dares not. Especially when said investigation would weaken the foundation of the kingdom enough for its neighbor to covet it.”

The first part of Graden’s speech was to warn Tempest about Mark Aventil. He is a prince of a powerful kingdom. Tread carefully!

The second part of Graden’s speech was to warn Mark Aventil. The Solen Kingdom might be powerful, but it is far away. No matter how strong they are, they won’t make it in time to save him. Furthermore, they would offend the Eternal Spirit Guild if they sought vengeance for him since all the new recruits were supposed to set aside their status until they become official members of the guild.

Cannon fodders, idiots, same thing. They don’t recognize a dangerous situation if it smacks them in the face.

“Save your empty threats. Even the Eternal Spirit Guild has to recognize the power of the Solen Kingdom.” Flunky one said aggressively.

“The rules of the Eternal Spirit Guild don’t apply to the Emblemic Mountain Range.” Flunky two added. He shouldn’t have stepped into the conversation at all. He didn’t realize his comment was an open invitation to fight.

“Indeed, in the Emblemic Mountain Range whole groups can die to magical beasts and it would be hard for the Eternal Spirit Guild to investigate, should they even desire to expend the effort. After all, a living mage is worth more than a dead mage.” Fenix warned them with a sleepy sensual smile Tempest found odd on the crazy pervert.

Fenix had always given Tempest the impression she was a bonfire burning along the beach. The fire burned brightly, unconcerned about its surroundings because the vast sea would stop the fire if it rages out of control.

Now Fenix reminded Tempest of Cardis, the bonfire banked into a smoldering sensuality.

“And who might you be, beautiful lady?” Mark Aventil plastered on a sickeningly sweet smile as he leered at Fenix.

“Fenix Arosis.”

Mark Aventil changed his tune from pretending to be a suave man to a lecher in three seconds flat. “A daughter of a slut is also a slut. How much for a night? I can pay you handsomely.”

Fenix ignored the fool and got straight to the point. “We will be taking the magical beast my group member has killed. There shall be no objections, now will there?”

Yikes!

Fenix is scary.

Note to self: Never mention Fenix’s mother.

The rest of the group took exception to Mark Aventil calling Fenix a slut, especially Yu Li Ming. She didn’t want to be slapped with labels.

Tempest smirked at the three fools before going to bag her loot.

Suddenly, Tempest jerked to the side as a Dark Ball landed right at her foot.

“Where do you think you are going with the magical beast our group had killed?” a familiar voice resounded in the area.

22