Chapter 0150
675 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0150

 

The scene of the fight was grisly as one could imagine. There were dead bodies of different magical beasts littered on the ground, interspersed with the corpse of humans.

 

The scene was extremely chaotic. It was an all out brawl. Humans fighting magical beasts. Humans fighting humans. Magical beasts fighting magical beasts.

 

There was no order or congruity. There was only one option - battle until they were the last one standing. 

 

Such was a scene Tempest’s group came upon.

 

“They might have shot a fake flare, but the emergency is real,” Graden said. Of course, everyone looked at poor gentle Graden with pity.

 

“How can you be so blind to not see this is a fight for a very rare and valuable resource. The cultivators wouldn’t be killing each other along with the magical beast if it was otherwise.” Tempest didn’t allow Graden to wallow in his delusion. She broke his tender heart with cold hard facts.

 

“But we should go help out our guild.” Graden protested.

 

“In that crowd, you’d be lucky you weren’t stabbed in the back by the person you were trying to save.” Tempest retorted with a snort.

 

“Play the fisherman?” Bei Ting Mao asked.

 

“Wait,” Tempest said then closed her eyes to speak to Ventus. “What is going on?”

 

They are all gathered here for the Twilight Mist Flower, a rare herb that increases the cultivation rate of water mages. Someone tried to get too close to the flower and the magical beasts took except to that. One thing leads to another and an all out brawl occurred. The herb took the chance to run away.

 

“Herbs can run away?”

 

The herbs with sentient can.

 

“Got it. Thanks, Ventus.” Ventus sent a gentle breeze to caress Tempest. Tempest still retains a modicum of aversion to them. It was the leftover feelings she had from her time on Earth. She might now it herself but the spirits who are connected to Tempest through her hearts can sense it. They can also sense the unconscious aversion slowly fading away. One day, they can interact with Tempest the way a mage and their mortal should act, with deep love and affection.

 

“Runaway rare herb,” Tempest said. The one sentence explained everything.

 

Rare and precious resources are always fought over, either by the magical beasts or the cultivators who chanced upon it. The rarer the herbs, the more it is desired, the more it is fought over. The same thought can be applied to natural born heavenly treasures.

 

An herb with sentience is very, very, very, valuable.  

 

A scene like this at the location of a blooming rare herb is normal.

 

“What should we do? I don’t know about you guys but I’m not joining in a fight for an herb I know I won’t be able to hold onto.” Fenix doesn’t mind a good fight but there has to be a reason for her to fight.

 

In the case where the herb is probably long gone, there is no reason for them to fight.

 

“We can’t leave them to die.” It was Graden who spoke. Among the group, Graden is perhaps the only one who has any moral decency left.

 

Li Ming might have sided with him but her recent exposure to the darker side of humanity left her a bit numb to dredge up any compassion for strangers.

 

Starm, that old young looking-pervert has been desensitized to death. He won’t blink when he pushes someone into deepest, darkest depths of hell.

 

Bei Ting Mao never had any kindness in him, to begin with. When he was a rising star within the clan, everyone sought to use him. When he fell, everyone kicks him down further. He is slowly recovering from his injuries. He has no time to care for anyone else aside from his group.

 

The spirits aided in his cultivation and are slowly healing his body. He trusts in their judgment. He has to. They are the only ones who helped him when he was at his lowest.

 

He heard their voices. He heard them calling out to him. He heard them telling him not to despair, that there is another immortal path he can take. It was no accident why he ended up in the Eternal Spirit Guild.

 

Bei Ting Mao may tentatively care for this ragtag group he was assigned to but for others, they are lucky he didn’t beat them half to death should they dare challenge him.

 

Fenix and Tempest are more mercenaries in their reasoning. No profit, no help.

 

“Hold a corner of the battlefield and start pulling the weak and the wounded there.” Tempest proposed.

 

“Why?”

 

“Goodwill, money and magical beast corpses. Should those monitoring the fight right now questioned us, we can say we did our part.”

 

“““““What?”””””

 

“You didn’t notice the group hiding in the clouds and watching the whole thing?” Tempest pointed to the minuscule dot in the sky. The group wouldn’t notice if Tempest didn’t point it out.

 

As for how Tempest noticed them, they didn’t ask. Tempest would have told them she sensed them through the wind. She had been practicing sharing her senses with the wind. She isn’t very good at it, but the wind loves her enough to direct her attention to important information.

 

“Anyways, forget about them. Go grab the wounded and the dead cultivators. We’ll extort them for medical fees after they are nice and healed up. As for the dead, looting their corpses perfectly legit.” Tempest said so righteously everyone wanted to smack her, excluding Starm.

 

“Whatever Big Sis Tempest said is right!”

 

“Ugh, fine. Let’s go. No charging into the fray like the last time.” Fenix said, looking at both Tempest and Bei Ting Mao.

 

“Shesh. Do one wrong thing and they will never let you live it down.” Tempest goodnaturedly complained. “Ah one thing, does anyone know any healing spells?”

 

“Every mage can heal if they know what to do. The best healers are the water, light or earth mages.” Graden explained.

 

“I don’t know any healing spells. Do you?” Tempest asked Li Ming. Tempest didn’t know any healing spells. When she was saving the young mother about to give birth at the brothel a while back, she wasn’t using a healing spell. She simply infused the mother with mana and let Mizu do all the work. 

 

Tempest didn’t want to do the same thing here. Infusing another person with mana is very time intensive and invasive. She is trying to earn money and spending a lot of time on one person is still spending it!

 

Healing Drop.

 

“Come again?” Tempest asked Ventus.

 

Healing Drop, a spell that creates a ball of water and healing open wounds and replenishes the blood.

 

“How fast does it take to learn?”

 

A while. For now, cast Water Sphere and Mizu will do the rest. After this, we’ll teach you the basic water healing spells so you can heal yourself when you venture out again.

 

“Got it… and tell Mizu, thank you.”

 

You are most welcome.

 

“Change that. This spell I know can be used to heal minor wounds. Li Ming, watch what I do and copy it. Graden, hold the perimeter for us. You can give them some of your pills if you want to but be selective in your choices. A few of them would stab you in the back even after you save them. It is how they survive this brutal melee. The rest can start pulling people out of the fray.”

 

Once Tempest gave the order, she went to a safe spot near the fighting and started to cast Water Sphere.

 

She wasn’t good at it. First of all, Water Sphere is a new spell. New spells take time to learn. Unless one is a genius, one can’t walk into a manufacturing plant and figure out what every gauge, nuts, and bolts are used for.

 

Tempest was never a genius.  

 

Second, Tempest has too much power. She is a True Daughter of Storm. Her mana reservoir is huge. It is bigger than Cardis’ mana reservoir and he has thousands of years to enlarge his mana reserves. With large amounts of mana, it is hard for Tempest to control her power. It is fine if she is blasting away at magical beasts. She would make an excellent machine gun. For precision shots… yeah, get someone else.

 

Tempest knows many people envy the mana reservoirs of the Child of the Elements and True Child of the Elements, but they don’t realize controlling large amounts of mana aren’t easy.

 

“Tempest hurry up. They are going to be back with the wounded soon and I don’t think my Water Spheres can handle them all.” Li Ming urged Tempest.

 

Tempest turned towards Li Ming only to see several Water Sphere blocking her vision.

 

She suddenly understands why people would want the genius to fall so badly.

 

“Li Ming, you show off. Just you wait!” Tempest buried the thought in the deepest recesses of her mind and turned her attention to casting the Water Spheres.

24