Chapter 0195
481 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0195

The situation with Llyana Arosis and the Domain Management Guild isn’t a secret. Anyone can find out about if they dig a little.  

The Domain Management Guild tried to hide it but after Llyana Arosis stepped into the Mastery stage of a mage cultivation, the Domain Management Guild couldn’t do anything to cover it up and Llyana Arosis didn’t allow them to cover it up.

Llyana Arosis is a single element high affinity water mage. As Fenix mentioned before, single element water mages can choose the quality of their children, as in, any children born to a single element water mage is almost guaranteed to have high potential. The higher the affinities a single element water mage has, the higher the potential his or her children are born with.

Llyana Arosis was born in a small clan in the Heavenly Mountains. She didn’t have good spirit veins or high potential for cultivation so she was used by her clan as a pawn. The clans in the Heavenly Mountains tend not to test the females in their clan for affinities as female mages are seen as immoral and loose.

So Llyana Arosis was married off to a partner that could benefit her clan. She did alright. She manages to give birth to a son even and everything was going well for her for a while until a woman in high position fancied her husband. So the other woman and her husband’s clan schemed to get rid of her and welcome a new member, one that could give better benefits to the clan.  

Somehow, Llyana caught wind of the situation and fled with her son in tow. She survived the combined onslaught of her inlaws and the other woman and made it to the Magus Alliance.

She changes everything about herself, even her name, and created a new identity for herself. Even if she didn’t train as a mage, she could become one with only a little bit of training as the spirits were changing already changing her body.  

Llyana Arosis’ son, Van Arosis had heavenly fire spirit veins and heavenly wood spirit veins. Knowing how valued an alchemist is in the Heavenly Mountains, Llyana Arosis sent her son to train in one of the large sects in the Heavenly Mountains, the Primordial Lake Sect. He quickly rose to fame and got revenge for his mother, destroying both his maternal, paternal and other woman’s clan and sect.

Before Van Arosis became strong enough to protect him and his mother, a guild that goes by the name of the Domain Management Guild found out about Van Arosis’ dual heavenly fire wood spirit veins.  

They dug up Llyana cultivation history and seeing the high potential in Van Arosis, they figured Llyana Arosis was a high affinity water mage.

The Domain Management Guild pressured Llyana Arosis into being their breeding mare. The contracted other powerful people in other domains and bred her with them to give birth to high potential children. They said they were doing this for the benefit of the Magus Alliance.  

When Van Arosis became strong enough, he came back to protect his mother but she had already given birth to four other children by then. 

Her fifth child’s inclination might have assisted in her bid for freedom.  

Llyana Arosis wanted revenge for her humiliation but the Domain Management Guild had ties to the other domains that were further strengthened through her children so the Magus Alliance couldn’t do anything for her.  

Also, as women in the Magus Alliance were particularly promiscuous, most mages didn’t understand Llyana Arosis’ grievances.  

Llyana Arosis has been trying to cause trouble for the Domain Alliance Guild ever since, but those bastards were like slippery eels. She could never get a solid hold on their weaknesses.  

Until now.

The Magus Alliance never forbade prostitution or opening a brothel.  

It’s the opposite.

When a mage sleep with a person with the same element as them, they can suck up the mana in their bodies and the ‘donor’ would be none the wiser. The spirits still temper the cultivator's body even though they chose a different immortal potential to cultivate. If the person doesn’t cultivate the heart as their immortal potential, only a little bit of the mana is used by the cultivator. The rest of the mana was stored in the body. A mage can copulate with the cultivator and drain the person of their mana. The cultivator won’t even notice the mana is gone.

With a beneficial side effect to physical intimacy, the Magus Alliance encouraged free love. Brothels are there to lure ‘donors’ for the mages.  

So leasing a building to manage a brothel is fine, even good by their standards.

Managing the brothel with slaves controlled by slave collars is a different story.

Debit servants, fine, if you can prove the debt was incurred by the debt servant. Parents selling their children into slavery for money doesn’t count and is illegal. The children selling themselves off into slavery because it is a better alternative to starving is fine. What the child does with the money is their choice.

Holding someone hostage to force a child into slavery is a no no.  

How the Magus Alliance determines what is legal servitude and slavery is a mystery to the other domains. What is clear cut is this - no slave collars are allowed. Period.

As to why the Magus Alliance pitch a particular fit to this issue involves the spirits.

Tempest asked Ventus about this and Ventus explained that the slave collar interferes with the spirits absorption of ambient mana and changing it into mana. It not only affects the wearer, but also an area around the wearer.

Hence, the slave collar can be used to deprive a mage of their mana. The other domains can invade the Magus Alliance by equipping enough people with slave collars and sending them to debilitate the mage. Powerful mages are immune to the effects of the slave collars but the Magus Alliance would not allow such an obvious weakness to be exploited so they forbid any guild from using, or engage in business involving the slave collars.

For the Domain Management Guild to manage a brothel within the borders of the Magus Alliance is a huge slap to the Magus Alliance.  

The Magus Alliance might be lenient if it was outside their borders as they have no jurisdiction there. However, the Magus Alliance rules are sovereign in its borders. It enforces its rule worse than zealous fanatics. Part of the reason why the Magus Alliance was so strict in enforcing its rules within its border was that it had few rules.

Fenix was hopping from one foot to the other in excitement. “Please, tell me, oh please tell me you got enough evidence to incriminate them, covered all your tracks and sent out your people to monitor them.”

“Of course. I’m not going to be careless since it is a subject near and dear to my mother’s heart. Those bastards will pay and mother could finally remove the thorn in her heart.” Dilien Amerton casually boasted.

“Yay. I can’t wait to see those bastards suffer! Remember to record everything in a memory stone.” 

“Who do you think I am? Done and done!” Dilien Amerton puffed up her ample chest. The look of adoration on her baby sister’s face was stroking her already inflated ego to a whole new level.

“When can we start? Oh oh, tell me we can start soon.”

“Soon, Fenix.”

“Ah not to burst your bubble or anything but did you do the most important thing of all, inform mother?” Xue Lian Hua asked the dofus duo.  

Dilien Amerton smiled was wider than the Cheshire cat. “I got a reply from mother. She’ll be here tomorrow. We’ll start then.”

“Won’t all your presence here alert them?” Tempest didn’t want to say anything to snagged their attention. They are creeeeeppppyyy. Tempest had been shivering nonstop from their disturbing behavior ever since they started grinning maniacally. Still, she had to bring their focus back to the important issue, freeing her sisters.

“Don’t worry. I have it all covered. I called you all here because I heard there were traces of a natural fire element in the area. Knowing how much our mother love our youngest sister, us siblings had to rush here to snatched it.”

“Oh, mages far and wide would come here with their forces to fight for the natural fire elements. It is a perfect rumor to spread in our situation. No one would question why powerful mages are congregating in the area.” Fenix said jubilantly.

“It’ll also provide the perfect excuse for the enforcers for the Council of Mages to appear here. After all, no mages can withstand the lure of a natural fire element. The best part, I didn’t even make up the rumor.” Dilien Amerton smirked. “We can try to snatch the natural fire element for you, baby sister.”

“No need.” Fenix refused her sister’s offer. “I want all your attention on the brothel.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. I got a big harvest from our foray into the Emblemic Mountain. That’s what we are using to pay for your assistance with the brothel.”

“Hey! Why am I paying you guys when you guys benefitted from my situation?” Greedy Tempest tried to argue for her benefits.  

“Because we agreed this is what you would pay regardless of how dangerous the situation is. If the odds were stacked against us now, we’d still do what you asked for the same pay.” Fenix outright lied to Tempest.  

Treasures from a chaotic rift are priceless. Tempest need only pay one of the treasure she has on hand and cultivators would fight each other for the chance to take her assignment. 

Fenix kept everything ‘in house’ because she knew the value of the treasures Tempest has and she knew to what lengths people would go to get it. The rest of their team knew the inherent problem with Tempest’s payment as well. It goes to show how much they trust Fenix when they allowed her to handle this.

“Can’t we lessen the amount?” Tempest tried to wheedle. 

“Look, I know you are overpaying my family for this assignment but the money is worth it. We are casting a large net so we can get everyone involved. They can run but they won’t be able to hide. We have cultivators from all domains here. No matter where they go, we can get them. However, if you want to have a hole in our tight net, then yeah, you can pay a little less.”

“I want everyone in the brothel!”

“The use of slave collars is illegal in the Magus Alliance,” Fenix warned Tempest.

“I don’t need slave collars for what I’m about to do.” The grim expression on Tempest’s face made her teammates reevaluate the Arosis sisters. The Arosis sisters looked evil and menacing but Tempest looks downright chilling.

Fenix grinned evilly in response.

Dilien Amerton grinned evilly at her sister’s schemes.

Xue Lian grinned evilly at the promised payment.

Starm fiddle with a talisman while he sat in the chair. 

Everyone else in the room tried to subtly edge closer to the exit. They pray this would be over soon or they’d die from the combined pressure of four cruel women.  

19