I. Introductions
284 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A cool breeze had snuck in through the window, rustling the papers I had but recently laid out before me. Lightning fast my hands slammed down on them, securing them in place - I would rather not spend more time rearranging them. On them, in big, black-ink letters, it read ‘On the subject of Lamia mating rituals and habits’, documents passed down to me by my late teacher.
I had recently graduated from a local university. To be more specific, my graduation had been a couple months ago, and I had now settled into my own place, my very own office included. What kind of place? It was difficult to believe, but through connections of my late parents, I had been offered to purchase a mansion on the sunny Isle-de-Lys. I was the type of person who had been spoiled by their parents all their life, and when they passed away, inherited their hard-earned fortune.
In a way, though, this was why I had been able to become the profession I had dreamed of.
What am I? In a world where monsters and mankind live side-by-side, I am the bridge between the worlds, the one who connects two peoples - that’s how a poet would put it, or how they sell this job to society anyway.
In reality, it is much simpler. One can imagine me as a biologist, of sorts. I studied the monstrous races, their habitats, how they mate. This last part is the key. In modern times we, mankind, have accepted the monsters into our society, if they wish to live with us they can, without being persecuted. However, pulling them from their preferable surroundings made it, more often than not, difficult for them to find a mate during their heat. And this is where we, selfless researchers that we are, come in. Sometimes the monsters came to us by themselves, other times concerned neighbors call us to aid their precious communities.
Though, really, I simply love sleeping with manima, that is, the monstrous races. It has an excitement no human or common elf could ever offer. That was the sole reason I aced my university classes - my horniness carried me all the way through, and what it couldn’t achieve, the money and reputation of my parents could.
And now, finally, I was here, my doctor certificate framed and hanging on the wall, my crowning title that made the government fund my odd kink. From now on, life was going to be good.

 

“Mistress?” A meek voice echoed in my mind, and my head turned to face the direction it had come from. Seated on an antique chair was my family’s heirloom, a so-called lorekeeper, his eyes deep blue sapphires as his blank stare was directed at, presumably, me. His pure white porcelain skin, accented by his frilly, black Victorian clothing, the adorably oversized hat he had been dressed in by no other than myself, and the gorgeous, as well as priceless, gemstones in his ball joints. There was no doubt that he was a possession that would turn heads.
“Probably why he was never allowed to leave the house back then…” I thought, before straightening my pose.
“Is something the matter, Ernest?” My eyes were fixated on the living doll, his immaculate features eerie yet breathtaking.
“It is almost lunch time. Please, consider taking a short break from your research.”
A glance at my mobile revealed that he was right, time had passed quickly while reviewing all I needed for my next client.
“Thank you, dear. Could you shut the window and stack these for me?” My finger drew a circle around all that was spread across my wooden desk before shooting the doll a smile.
After my parents passed away he had become active, or rather, showed himself to me for the first time. He had insisted on helping around the house, and that was fine by me. I had never been good at chores, considering I never learned how to do them in the first place. Depending on a haunted object may be ill-advised, but he had always seemed benevolent enough, so I thought it would be fine for the time being. Time proved him to be extraordinarily loyal to me, and somewhere along the way the two of us had formed a deep bond of friendship.

 

Setting down the emptied cup of tea I concluded my break. There was much to do before tomorrow after all. Just thinking about the treat I was in for made my breath grow heavier by the second. My hand snuck beneath my shirt, my fingers teasing my already erect nipple. A pant escaped my upward-curled lips.
“I really, seriously cannot wait.” Words formed as I was toying with myself until a familiar noise of porcelain joints rubbing against each other pulled me from my trance.
He didn’t say anything, simply stood there in the doorframe. As always, his chiseled expression didn’t change, yet my mischievous mind imagined his pale cheeks flush with a healthy blush matching his averted glass eyes.
“Oh? Care to join?” He was an easy target, young and inexperienced as he was.
A stammering filled my mind. “N-no mistress, I apologize for intruding. I-it was not my intention to… interrupt.”
“Sure it wasn’t.” I hummed, much to the poor doll’s dismay. “But thank you, I will get back to preparing. Tomorrow’s my first job after all, I don’t want to disappoint.”

With that I returned to the task at hand. I was going to do a good job indeed.

3