Chapter Thirteen
195 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking in I see my father working at his desk, I can immediately tell he's upset by the fact that he doesn't look up to greet me. I calmly walk to the front of his desk and wait to be spoken to, when he's upset like this its always better to wait for him to speak first.

Only minutes pass, but under the intense silence it feels like forever when my father finally looks up at me.

"I'm angry." Was all he said in a calm voice, but it was enough to rake me with guilt.

"I know I'm sorry. The moment I realized where we were, I should have called." I said remorsefully.

"Yes, you should have, but...(sigh) I'm angry at myself." My father clarifies.

"Why?" I asked perplexed.

"Because as much as I believed that your mother was right and that you did have a mate out there, I did nothing to prepare you for it. Nor did I even consider the possibility that you would be the one to leave our pack." My father guilty explains.

"Oh...well to be fair I don't think anyone could've prepared me for a wolf like Keira." I smiled, hoping to lessen his guilt. "Still, it would've been nice to know about the whole dream sharing thing earlier." I say with a small laugh.

"Dream sharing? You two shared a dream on your first mating?" My father asked with a surprised look on his face.

"Well no, it was actually before that." I tell him.

The look on my father's face goes from surprise to shock.

"Dad?"

My father shakes his head recomposing himself.

"Nothing, just that everything about that female is ridiculous." My father mumbles under his breath.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

My father looks to me, "Caden, dream sharing between mates is a rare and special thing, and it usually only happens after your mated. Even your mother and I have only shared dreams a handful of times in all our years together. For Keira to be able to influence your dreams before you were properly mated means she possesses incredible mental fortitude. Which could also explain that ridiculous aura she let out during the meeting." My father says the last part to himself.

"Well that's good isn't it? I mean war with the White Moon pack has already started, isn't it good to have someone so powerful with us? I ask.

"Well I suppose." My father says in an unsure tone. "But the thing I really wanted to talk to you about is your joining of her pack, and the troubles you may face there."

"Well, I know it's going to be weird. I mean after working so hard to join the family pack and finally getting in, I'm already leaving." I responded solemnly, thinking of how I now must consider my family a different pack then my own.

"Yes, but it's not just that Caden." My father gets up from his desk and walks over to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You have to understand that Keira may not do things the way I do, she will run her pack differently than me."

This doesn't surprise me; living in Crestwood I have seen a range of different packs run different ways, some like my father with fairness. But also others who are more tyrannical, who lead by violence. So, when he tells me that Keira will not be the same alpha he is, it doesn't surprise me, but it does scares me.

I slowly take a seat in one of the chairs in front of my father's desk. The memory of this morning and the fear I saw in the wolf's eyes as he looked at Keira fills my mind.

"Yeah, I've already noticed, Keira's pack fears her." I say in a sad tone.

"I know it will be hard, but you have to help and support her."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"By being her mate." My father says.

"You say that, but I'm not sure how to do that either." I say with an exasperated sigh. "I've gone from being single all of my life to being mated in the span of a week. I tried asking mom about it, but she said I have to figure it out on my own with Keira."

"Well that part is true, your relationship with Keira is something you two have to work on by yourselves. But that's not what I was referring to when I said to help and support her as her mate. What I meant is that you need to support her as your alpha." He clarified.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"It won't be easy, but you are my son and I know you have the strength." He stated proudly.

I smile, "Thanks dad, so any advice on dealing with my mate?" I ask.

My father chuckles and pulls up a seat next to me, "Well, all I can say is that being mated is just like any other relationship. Be open and honest with each other, and don't expect everything to go smoothly just because you're mated."

"Yeah, mom said something similar. She also mentioned you two having problems in the beginning." I said incredulously.

My father laughs, "Problems? That's a light way of putting it."

I continue to look at him to elaborate.

"Look...(sigh) Goddess, I don't know how I can explain this without making myself sound like an ass. You know what, I if your mother didn't go into specifics neither am I."

"Oh, come on!" I whined.

"Caden, just know that relationships take work and problems won't magically solve themselves just because your mated. Ok?"

"Ok." I respond while nodding my head.

"Good, now your mother should be still packing your things, so let's go help her. Once you get settled in Keira's pack will start sending your stuff over." My father says as he gets up.

I quickly get up and look my father in the eye.

"Dad, I already told mom, but I want to let you know too that this isn't goodbye. I'm human, so that means pack or no pack your still my family and a part of my life. And I'm going to make sure that Keira knows that."

My father just looks at me and smiles, "Of course."

After a few hours of packing, we decided to call it a day, and went on a family outing, Lucas of course brought Daniella. We spent the whole day going around town eating and having fun as a family. No one said anything, but we all knew this was probably the last time we would do something like this for a long while. When night rolled around they took me back to Keira's, driving up to the house nobody spoke. When reached the house I got out two luggage bags from the trunk of the car, and after a few tearful hugs and see you laters, they drove off. I waited until they were completely out of site before I turned to face the house, which seemed to loom over me, shaking it off I walk up and inside the house.

Once inside two female omegas begin to take my luggage, unlike this morning the house was now full of wolves. Some I recognized as former members of Demetri's pack, the other I can only assume are members of Keira's pack. Though none stop what there doing to say hi to me, I can clearly see a few of them eyeing me.

I quickly turn to one of the omegas taking my luggage, "Where can I find Kei- I..I mean the alpha."

I have to be careful on how I address Keira in front of others until I talk to her. Some might consider it rude or disrespectful for me to use her name while in a public setting. The omega I spoke to was a small brunette, attractive in a girl next door kind of way. She stood there and considered me for a moment, from the look in her eye I can tell she seemed to be sizing me up. After another moment passed, she finally answered.

"Office, second floor first door on the left."

"Thanks, I'm Caden by the way."

I offer her my hand, but she ignores it stating, "We know who you are." And walks off.

"Clearly." I mumble to myself letting my hand drop.

"Don't take it personally, Lisa doesn't care for males, even the ones in our own pack." The second omega says. "Matilda, friends call me Matty." She says offering me her hand.

Taking her hand, I give a firm shake, "Caden."

Taking a good look at her I can say Matilda was a cute girl, she had short black hair, brown eyes, and a small diamond stud nose piercing.

With that Matilda walks away, so following Lisa's instructions I make my way to the second-floor office Keira is in and knock on the door.

"Come in."

Opening the door, I enter a large but rather empty office, seated at a small desk in the back was Keira filling out some papers. There were a few bookshelves on the wall behind her filled with a variety of books, but they seemed to be more for show than actual reading judging by the amount of dust I can see on the books from here. It didn't really surprise me that Demetri didn't utilize this office. Looking up and seeing me, her mouth immediately spreads into a large smile that I can't seem to help but return. Faster than humanly possible she quickly gets up and rushes over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and kisses me. Surprised by her sudden speed and embrace, I grab her waist to steady her and myself. After a long moment Keira finally breaks the kiss and starts to nuzzle my neck.

"I missed you." Keira whispers as she begins nibbling on my ear.

"We just saw each other this morning." I say flustered.

"And it felt like forever." She whines.

I scoff, "Okay."

"You've lived with werewolves long enough to know how clingy we can be towards our mates, especially alphas." Keira says unabashed.

Giving me another peck on the lips, Keira releases me from her embrace and walks back toward the desk.

"Yeah I know, I just never thought it would apply to me." I say red-faced.

Keira looks back and smiles at me as she continues to organize and stack some papers on the desk.

"So, what are you working on?" I ask pointing at the papers in her hand.

"These are documents transferring ownership of this land and house to our pack from the Bloodfang pack. And these, are the Bloodfang pack's financial records." She says as she grabs a large messy file from the desk.

"Anything useful? I ask.

"Not even in the slightest." She replies as she throws the file in a plastic trash bin next to the desk. "The few businesses Demetri owned were hemorrhaging money, and he was using his packs earnings just to keep them afloat."

"Are any of them salvageable?"

'No, but even if they were, I wouldn't bother. I'm going to liquidate all his assets and get what I can for them anyway."

"You're not gonna leave Demetri or his pack anything?" I ask, thinking it was a little harsh even for someone like Demetri.

"I let him and the rest of his pack live, I think that's more than enough." Her cold tone sending a shiver down my back. "In fact, the only reason he's still alive is because your father convinced me that it wouldn't look good for me to kill a long-standing member of the community so soon after arriving." She says with an irritated tone.

"Probably the right move, as disliked as Demetri is by most packs, he does have a few that he's friendly with. Not that any of them will help him now, not after your little display during the community meeting."

Keira smiles a proud smile and sits on the small desk, "Enough boring talk, tell me, how did things go with your parents?"

"Surprisingly well, they were open, understanding, and just want me to be happy. Which reminds me, I still have to properly introduce you to them."

"Yeah, I don't think so. I mean why bother; they already know who I am." She says in an indifferent tone that leaves me slightly taken aback.

"Keira, they're my family. I'm talking about presenting you, my mate, to my family." I try explaining.

"I get what you're saying I just don't see the need." Keira shrugs.

Stunned by her refusal I begin to get upset, "Look, I know that when wolves leave one pack for another their new pack becomes their family regardless of the blood relation left behind. But I'm human, and my family is an extremely important part of my life. One that I am not and will not give up." I say stubbornly

Kiera's eyes go wide with surprise at my angry tone. For a split second I worry that I've upset her, but I quickly brush it aside, this is my family we're talking about.

"Come here." She calls to me

I walk toward her as she sits on the desk, the moment I'm in reach, Keira wraps her legs around me and pulls me in close. While sitting, Keira's height is equal to mine so we're face to face as she wraps her arms around my neck and looks me in the eyes.

"Caden, you're my mate. If your family is that important to you, then ok, I'll meet them." I could feel the sincerity in her voice.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry if I came off a litt-"

"It's okay." She interrupts.

I smile and lean in to kiss her when I suddenly remember, "Oh, before I forget I have big news."

"Oh?"

"This might sound hard to believe, but I'm no longer aging. It's proof that our mating bond is complete. Can you believe it?"

Keira chuckles, "I already knew that."

"You did? H-"

I stop when I noticed Keira's eyes are staring off into space. She was communicating with someone through the mental link. Not wanting to disrupt her I just stood there with Kiera's arms and legs still wrapped around me. After a few minutes Keira's focus comes back, letting me know she had finished.

"Sorry about that." Keira apologizes, unwrapping her arms from around my neck but keeping her legs firmly wrapped around my legs.

"Don't be, you're the alpha. I knew what I was getting into." I soothe her. "Is everything alright?" I ask.

"Everything is fine, a suspicion I had while looking through the Bloodfang's financials was just confirmed." Keira answered.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"One of Demetri's pack members was their accountant, and it seems he had been secretly syphoning funds to his own personal bank account.' She explained "I had some of my own look into it, and they just confirmed my suspicions when he just now tried syphoning funds from my accounts. They're bringing him to me now." She said with an evil smile.

"Wait, he's here? Is he one of wolves from Demetri's pack that you accepted?" I speculated.

"Yep, how else do you think I got access to Demetri and the Bloodfang's financials." Keira confirmed.

"So, what are you going to do?" I slowly ask, but I could already sense her murderous intentions.

"What I should've the moment I got what I needed from him." Her cold tone sending another shiver down my spine.

"Is killing him really necessary?" I slowly question.

Keira unwraps her legs from around me and gets up off the desk, standing at her full height in front of me. I'm forced to tilt my head back to keep her gaze, the height difference between us once again apparent. Her face the same cold emotionless mask she had during the community meeting.

"Yes." Was all she replied.

Her stoic expression and firm answer told me that this wasn't Keira my mate, but Keira my alpha and I wasn't going to change her mind. My father's words from earlier begin ringing in my ear, '-Keira may not do things the way I do, she will run her pack differently than me.' Taking a deep breath, I let go of any notion I had to try and convince her otherwise.

Slightly bowing my head in a show of respect to her decision, I firmly reply, "As you decide my alpha."

I sense a shift in her mood, looking back up I see a small smile playing on Keira's lips.

"What?" I ask.

"You called me alpha." She said in a loving tone.

I knew she'd like that, but I just smile and shrug my shoulders.

"Did I?" I say in a playful tone.

Kiera's eyes narrow and behind her smile she lets out a low growl. The sound of which immediately gets my blood flowing. The air around us begins to fill with the scent of our arousals.

Knock, Knock

The knock at the door quickly dispels the moment between us. Kiera's cold mask comes back on and reminds me of what is about to happen.

"Wait for me in our room." She says in a neutral tone, not even looking at me.

Once again, my father's words from earlier come back to me; about how I need to support Keira, not just because she's my mate but because she's also my alpha.

"I'll stay." I tell her

She turns and looks at me, sensing my determination she gives me a firm nod before walking into the center of the room.

"Come in."

The door opens, I recognize the first one to walk in, it was the male wolf with the buzz cut who was guarding the doors during both parties. After him was a wolf I didn't recognize at all, he had short brown hair, squinty eyes, and a sharp nose. He had to be Demetri's accountant, he gave off a weaselly vibe that immediately made me distrust him. How Demetri allowed him to be the Bloodfang pack's accountant is beyond me. The last one to walk in is the other wolf who was guarding the doors during the parties, the bald one. I still think they're brothers, there are too many similarities between them to make me think otherwise.

All three come to stand in a row facing Keira, the weaselly looking wolf between the two brothers. The brother with the buzz cut pushes the accountant forward, leaving him only a few steps away from Keira.

"You called for me alpha?"

Goddess! He even sounded like a weasel, how was Demetri so blind!

"Yes Jason, it has come to my attention that there has been some unusual activity lately, regarding the pack's bank account." Keira says in a calm neutral tone.

The Jason's eyes go wide, and he audibly gulps.

"Stealing from Demetri is one thing but stealing from me is something else entirely." Keira said in a steely edge tone.

Jason immediately got on his knees and prostrates himself.

"Forgive me alpha, they were going to kill me!" Jason wailed.

"Explain." She commanded.

Keira slowly released some of her aura around Jason, he visibly started to tremble and had a hard time breathing.

"The Clearwater pack, I owed money to the Clearwater pack." Jason panted out.

"Who, are they?" Keira asked.

Before Jason could reply I answered instead, "There a small pack that run illegal card games out of small building they own in town. But only idiots go to them, they're scum who purposely keep they're players in debt."

I couldn't see Kiera's face, but I could feel her displeasure.

"We can get the money back! Its just like he said, the Clearwater pack is small and nowhere near as strong as you. We can easily take the money back and then some. I've gotten a quick look at their books in the past, and they have enough money stashed away that you won't need to be mated to the human anymore." Jason says desperately.

Keira went deathly still.

"What?" She asked slowly.

"It's why you're here in Crestwood isn't it? It's why you chose that human to be your mate." Jason slowly stated.

I was taken back by his words, I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant, but that's when I felt it.

Keira's anger and rage were overwhelming, the unbridled fury coursing through Kiera's veins had me dropping to my knees and clutching my chest. Behind Jason I can see the two brother's eyes go wide and step further back, fear clearly etched on their faces. Keira launches herself at Jason, with one hand she grabs Jason by the neck and effortlessly lifts him off his feet and into the air holding him there as if he were just a piece of paper.

"YOU. DARE. YOU FUCKING DARE MAKE LIGHT OF MY MATE AND OUR MATING BOND!!" Keira bellows, her voice distorted by rage.

Jason desperately claws at Kiera's arm trying to break her hold on is neck to no avail. He then tries to shift into his wolf form, but his panicked state and lack of oxygen stop him. After a few moments Jason's arms lose all their strength falling helplessly to his sides. His eyes roll back, and his face begins losing its color.

Keira's back was still facing me so I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was smiling. I could feel her joy and excitement; she was enjoying his death reveling in it. For a moment I became afraid, not of Keira but of what she was capable of. Must of having sensed my fear, Kiera looks back at me. Seeing me on my knees clutching my chest seemed to bring her back to her senses, because all her anger and joy from before was now replaced with worry. Looking back at Jason, Keira uses her other hand to pull down on Jason's shoulder exposing the base of his neck. Keira proceeds to bite through his neck like butter, tearing his head clean off. Keira tosses Jason's body aside as if it were nothing, she then tosses his head at the floor in front of the wolf brothers who were now both on one knee with their heads bowed down awaiting orders.

"Give it to the Clearwater pack and tell them his debt is payed." Keira ordered.

"Yes alpha!" Both brothers say in unison.

Keira turns and walks over to me, her mouth, neck, and some of her shirt now covered in blood. Still a little weak from the surge of emotions I was hit by, I struggle to get back on my feet.

"I'm fine, just give me a minute." I try and reassure her.

But Keira ignores me and in one fluid movement picks me up in her arms and carries me out of the office. Slightly embarrassed by having everyone see me being carried around like a princess, I go to tell Keira to put me down, but the look on her face said she wasn't having it. When we finally get to what I guess is our room, I'm feeling fine. But Keira refuses to put me down, instead she walks over to the massive bed and gently lays me down.

I can feel my face turning bright red. It's such a simple and silly thing but I can't help but find it super embarrassing, I should be the one carrying her and laying her down, not the other way around. As if understanding my thoughts Keira looks down at me and smirks a devilish smirk.

Goddess, even covered in blood Keira still looked sexy as hell, in fact it made her look even more badass.

"Let me clean myself up." Keira said as she turned and headed into the bathroom.

I get up and look around the room, it was huge, probably as big as my parent's room back home. The room was wonderfully furnished, a window overlooking the back of the house was at the far end of the room across the door we came in from. Between the door and the window was a fireplace which in front of was a simple coffee table with two love seats on either side and a single chair at the head. That's when I notice my luggage neatly sitting on one of the love seats. Looking towards the bathroom door I decide to unpack while waiting for Keira. Opening one of the dressers to see how much space I have to work with I notice that some space has already been made for me. Not only in the dressers but in the closet too. Seeing as how I only brought a few things with me, with the rest being brought later I was done unpacking in a matter of minutes. Sitting back down on the bed I look around the room.

"Man, this feels weird." I mumble to myself.

The more I look around the more unfamiliar everything feels. I know I'll eventually get used to it, but until then it feels weird not being in my room. Shaking off my unease, I undress and pull on a t-shirt to go with my boxers to sleep. As I get into bed, I start going over the events of the last three days in my mind.

Geez, school tomorrow is going to be a trip.

School!

"Shit!" I say to myself.

I completely forgot to bring my school stuff! Dammit let me text the Lucas and Noel and see if they can bring me my stuff.

After a few minutes Noel thankfully replied and said he would bring me my stuff before class. Just as I finished replying my thanks the bathroom door opens and out comes Keira freshly showered with a towel wrapped neatly around her hair and nothing else.

"Goddess." I breathe.

No matter how many times I see her naked body it still takes my breath away, I quickly avert my eyes to regain control of my thoughts.

"What's wrong?" Keira asked.

Glancing in Kiera's direction, she was still naked, but she had unwrapped the towel around her hair and was now drying it.

"Nothing, do you mind putting something on?" I ask, closing my eyes.

"Why, nothing you haven't seen before." Keira says cheekily.

"True, but a little modesty goes long way." I state.

I feel the bed dip near my feet, opening my eyes I see Keira sensually crawling up toward me. My mind goes blank and my mouth goes dry.

"There's nothing modest about 'us." She said, her tone dripping with sex. Keira was now on top of me, her left hand was next to my head holding her over me while her right hand traced the collar of my t-shirt with her fingertip. "And what's the point of putting on, what's about to come off."

Kiera uses her finger to rip my t-shirt right down the middle exposing my chest. Before I could complain about the unnecessary destruction of my shirt. Kiera begins placing small kisses on my chest, the coolness from her still damp hair making me gasp as it touches my skin. She begins kissing her way up my neck, making me let out a small involuntary moan. My hands begin to move on their own, my fingers begin combing through her damp hair. It was gearing up to be another late night.

"Waking up for school tomorrow is going to be a pain." I mumble to myself.

Keira stops and looks at me with confusion, "School?"

"Yeah, tomorrows Monday, did you forget?" I ask.

"No, I know what day it is, why are you going to school?" Keira asks me.

Sitting up while Keira sits back, I look at her confused.

"What do you mean, why? It's school." I state.

"You're going to be our pack doctor, you don't need to go to school." She says.

"Even if that's the case, it's my senior year I'm not going to stop so close to the end. Also, my time with my human friends is now limited. I want to spend as much time as I can with them before I can't see them anymore." I explain.

"Fine let me rephrase that, you are not going to school." Keira dictated.

"What?" I ask incredulously.

"Now that other packs know you're my mate it's too dangerous." She said.

"First of all, I'm human and the son of an alpha, which made me a target day one. And, even if that wasn't the case, I have my brother and my friends backing me up. Not to mention you'll be there."

"I'm not going, school is a waste of time. I'm an alpha I have more important things to do then go to school."

"Then why did you go to school in the first place?"

Kiera looks at me as if I'm missing the obvious.

"Right, of course, me." I scoff.

"I'm sorry Caden, but it's too dangerous the best place for you now is here with me."

I begin remembering what my mother had said, when it comes to me and Keira, I can't be afraid of pushing back.

"No, I'm going to school tomorrow." I said firmly.

Kiera is taken back by my defiance and lets out a small growl.

"I said NO." Kiera enforces her words with her aura.

It was a little rough but nothing I couldn't handle.

"And I said yes." I say firmly again.

Keira is once again surprised by my lack of compliance.

"I'm sorry Keira, I love you and you're my alpha, but I will not be the punching bag in this relationship." I state.

Keira seems offended by the accusation, "I would never hurt you." Keira declares.

"Then don't try to stop me."

Keira looks away and growls in frustration, I could see in her face that she was thinking.

After a few moments I see a smile spread across Keira's face, which immediately sets off warning bells in my head.

Keira looks back at me, "Fine, you wanna go to school, okay. Let's see how you manage that without being able to walk." She says in a sensually sinister tone.

My eyes go wide, "I thought you said you'd never hurt me?"

"Oh baby, I'm not going to hurt you." She says as she pushes me back down onto the bed. "I'm just going to fuck you so good you won't be able to walk." Her tone dripping with sex.

Before I could say anything, Keira captures my mouth with her own and begins touching my body, causing me to moan into her mouth. My body immediately responds to her touch, Keira waste no time ripping me free of my boxers and begins gently stroking me. My breath hitches but Keira doesn't stop, in fact she deepens the kiss exploring my mouth with her tongue. Only when I'm a panting whimpering mess does she finally stop allowing me to breathe. This gives her time to place us in a reverse missionary position. Confused, I try to move but she holds my knees steady as she slowly takes me into her wet core. As she begins moving her hips, and her rhythm begins building I can't help but cry out.

"Oh, fuck!"

This seems to excite Keira as her movement become faster and harder. I struggle to stay in control, but Keira begins gyrating her hips and then kisses me hard. My whole body begins to strain as my orgasm rockets through me, causing me to cry out Keira name. This seems to set off Keira's own orgasm as I feel her tighten around me and she lets out a growl of satisfaction. Looking up at Keira I see that while she's breathing a little hard, she's otherwise fine. I on the other hand was a complete mess, my breathing was erratic and my whole body felt numb. But I wasn't going to let that stop me, I wasn't going to let her win, it was my turn to show her what I could do. I start rolling us over so that I would be on top, but I'm stopped and rolled back by Kiera, she grabs my wrists and pins them to the sides near my head. Her eyes were glowing and clouded with lust, and her wolfish grin revealed her now elongated canines.

"Oh no baby, I'm nowhere near done with you yet."

All eyes seemed to be on me as I make my way to my first period class, I'm not sure if it's from wolves who had by now heard I was Keira's mate, or from the fact that I'm rolling around in a wheelchair. Last night after our first bout of sex Keira refused to let up, we went at it for hours and not once did she allow me control. True to her word I could barely move a muscle this morning, it took a great deal of effort just getting out of bed without waking her up. I practically had to crawl to the bathroom and into the shower, I got dressed on the floor because I couldn't stand up straight. Finally making it out the door I was lucky enough to spot the nice omega from last night, Matty, and convinced her to drive me to school. Wobbling my way outside and into her car, a very nice white Nissan Altima, I could tell she knew why I was like this as she was struggling not to laugh the whole ride here. But she lost when we got here, I had opened the door to get out only for my legs to give out and fall flat on the sidewalk. After she finished laughing her ass off, she helped me up and ran inside to the nurse's office and got this wheelchair. She offered to push, but I'd had enough humiliation this morning and told her I was fine. Finally reaching the door of my first period I see Noel holding my stuff.

"Jesus, what happened to you?" Noel asked concerned.

"Nothing, just pulled something during my morning training." I lied.

Finally feeling strong enough to stand, I get up off the wheelchair and I'm happy to find that with a little effort I can stand up and walk straight just fine, well straight-ish.

"Are you sure your ok?" Noel asks again.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say trying to hide the strain in my voice. "Thanks again for bringing me my stuff. Have you seen the girls at all?" I ask.

"No, not since Saturday, have you tried calling them?" Noel asked

"No, they were supposed to check on Pete and get back to me."

"Check on Pete? What happened to Pete?" Noel asked, his tone now getting worried.

"Nothing. Look they're probably just running a little late. I'll call them after class, ok?" I reassure Noel.

"If you say so, but let me know if anything, ok?" Noel insisted.

"Promise."

"Alright, here before I forget this came in the mail for you." Noel hands me a manila envelope along with my school things. "I wanted to open it, but Lucas wouldn't let me." He whined.

"Remind me to thank him later." I say as I snatch my stuff out of his hands.

Noel scoffs and leaves, while I head into class. Finally sitting down in my seat, a feeling of normality washes over me.

Never thought I'd be happy to be in school, but after everything that's happened, school seems to be exactly what I need right now. Not that I regret anything, it's just that a little normal is nice every now and then. I mean how can I not be happy, I'm finally part of the pack, well A pack. I'm on the path to becoming a pack doctor. I found my mate, MY MATE, it still sounds weird to me. And despite having a few things we need to work out, I love her and she loves me. I mean let's be honest with myself, as much as last night's activities are a pain in the ass for me right now, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

"Are you high?"

I look over to the classmate who sits to the right of me, his name eluding me.

"What? No, why?" I ask.

"Because you have a big goofy smile on your face." He says

"Oh, sorry I didn't even notice."

He turns away and I inwardly laugh at myself. Class doesn't start for another five minutes, so I decide to open the envelope Noel gave me. Opening it, out comes black and white photos with a folded note. Looking through the pictures it takes me a moment to realize their surveillance photos of me and my family, all dated three weeks ago! I scramble to open up the folded note only to find it contained three big bold words.

Don't

Trust

Her

That's when I notice the surveillance photo of me, it seemed to have been taken from the inside of a car, and the photographer captured their reflection in one of the side view mirrors.

"Kiera?"

****************************************************************************************

If you enjoy my work please leave a like or leave a comment down below, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

Thank You For Reading!!!!!!

4