Chapter Nineteen
158 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I slowly started coming to, I didn't feel the pain I expected to feel after getting stabbed by Hannah. Opening my eyes, I once again found myself in the same clearing from the night I met Keira, confused I slowly get up and look around.

"Am I dead?" I ask myself.

"Do you really think I'd let that happen?"

Hearing Keira's voice I turn around, but before I can utter a sound, she pulls me in close and smashes her lips against mine. The kiss was desperate and full of need, I could feel all her fear and worry. I quickly kiss her back needing to assuage all these emotions I know I was the cause of. As I feel these emotions slowly fade away from her, Keira breaks the kiss and seems to breath a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry." I state.

"Don't be, its not your fault." Keira replies.

Looking around I notice that the clearing we were standing in seemed to appear slightly off.

"This is a dream, isn't it?" I ask.

"You were taking too long waking up, so I decided this was worth the mental strain." She answered, as she looked around as well.

"How long has it been?" I asked.

As I began to worry the clearing began to shiver.

"Calm down, it only been a day." Keira said in a soothing voice.

As I calm down the clearing stops shivering.

Keira sits on the grassy ground and motions me to join her, "Thankfully, the knife missed all your vitals and you stopped it from going too deep, so you have a few stitches and it might hurt for a while but you're going to be okay." Keira continued.

I breathe a sigh of relief and sit down beside Keira, "That's good. What happened to Hannah?"

"She got away." Keira scowled, "She slipped out while everyone was focused on you. I swear the next time I see her..." Keira growled in anger.

The clearing began to rumble and the everything began to take on a blood red tinge.

I grab Keira's hands and in a soothing motion rub my thumbs over her hands, "Shhhhh, it's okay. I understand."

As Keira regains her composure, the clearing slowly goes back to normal.

"How are my parents, are they okay?" I ask.

"They were obviously upset; they sent their pack doctor James straight to the house to look you over."

"The house? I'm not at the hospital?" I questioned.

"You really think I'm going to trust anyone at that hospital or in this town after what happened? The second they finished stitching you up I got you the hell out of there, even your parents backed me." Keira answered.

Probably knew they couldn't have stopped her anyway; I think to myself.

"Actually, the ones who took it the hardest were your friends Alice and Cora, it took your father and a couple of his wolves to calm them down." Keira said, sounding rather impressed.

"They have to know it wasn't their fault, it wasn't anyone's fault, no one would've suspected Hannah." I say in frustration.

"Like I said they took it hard, it seems they're already talking to your father about leaving his pack to join mine so that they can watch over you better."

"No, I can't let them do that." I stated.

"Why? They're your friends I figured you'd be happy." Keira questioned.

"They're my best friends and I love them, and that's why I feel better knowing they're there to protect my family. Besides, I have you and you're all the protection I need." I state.

The air around Keira changes, she pushes me down and kisses me with a passion not meant for public viewing, but then I remembered this was a dream and we were alone, so I kissed her back.

After a moment Keira breaks the kiss, "Its when you say things like that, that push the limits of my self-control." Keira growls out with lust.

As Keira looks down at me with hooded eyes, every cell in my body begins to burn with need, I close my eyes and take hold of the feeling. Opening my eyes again I see a ceiling, I get up with a jolt and see I'm lying naked in mine and Keira's bed with sheets covering my lower half. Still a bit confused I sit up and look around, I see Keira sitting by the bed with her head resting beside me, she was wearing simple black dress with a black long-sleeved mini blazer on top.

Sitting up Keira lets out a small yawn, "We were just getting to the good part too."

"Sorry." I say, realizing I must have woken up

"Don't be, ahh!" Keira winces in pain, her fingers rubbing the sides of her temple.

"What's wrong!" I say in panic.

"Nothing, it's just a headache, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got one the last time too, it'll pass. In fact, it's not even as bad as last time" Keira says, already sounding better.

"Going by what my father said, dream sharing is usually a random natural thing. This is probably feedback from forcing the connection." I speculated.

"Good to know, I'll be more ready next time." Keira notes.

"No, no next time, no more forcing the connection. If it's going to happen it's going to happen naturally or not at all, promise me." I said in a serious tone.

Keira looks into my eyes and sees how serious I am, "Fine, I promise."

"Good, beside I much more prefer the real thing." I say as I grab one of Keira's hands and start kissing the inside of her palm.

Just like in the dream, the air surrounding Keira changes, but instead of following up like last time Keira pull her hand away and places her forefinger on my lips stopping me.

"As much as I want to, it's not a good idea." Keira states.

"Why not?" I ask I lean toward her.

Suddenly a jolt near my stomach has me grunting out in pain, looking down I see some gauze wrapped around my stomach. Oh, right I was stabbed.

"Tis but a flesh wound." I say in crappy English accent.

But instead of laughing like I'd hoped she would, Keira just sits there staring at me in confusion.

"It's a line from an old...never mind." I say fully embarrassed now.

Keira chuckles, "I think you need more rest."

Keira grabs a pill bottle and a glass of water from the nightstand and hands them to me, I recognize them as pain pills, I take out two and quickly drink them down.

"By the way, why are you in all black?" I ask her.

"Your friend's funeral was today, since you couldn't go, I went for you." She answered.

I was saddened to hear that I missed Barry's funeral, but at the same time I couldn't help but smile at the fact that Keira went in my stead. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for her to leave me, especially for the funeral of a wolf she didn't even know. But she knew it was important to me and went anyway.

I reach out and grab her hand, "Thank you." I say with utmost sincerity.

From the look in Keira's eyes I could tell she was struggling to control herself; I start tracing small circles in her hand with my thumb.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask in a soft voice.

"I probably shouldn't, my self-control is razor thin at the moment." Keira grinds out.

I slowly pull her onto the bed and position her on top of me, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"The pain will be worth it." I say to her in a low whisper.

I could practically hear the snap of Keira's self-control going off in her head, she immediately takes my mouth and kisses me with a ferociousness I struggle to keep up with. Without breaking the kiss, I help her take off her mini blazer throwing it over the bed. Keira then break the kiss to pull the dress off over her head, revealing only a pair of black lacey panties underneath. No matter how many times I see it the sight of Keira's body still takes my breath away. Not able to help myself I bring my mouth up to one of Keira's breast and begin to suck, lick, and tease it. Keira begins rubbing herself up against me and lets out a moan of pleasure as I alternate my attention between her breasts and use my thumbs to gently caress her nipples. I was in control and I wanted more, grabbing her backside and pulling her closer I begin kneading her cheeks with my fingers. She was already so close, she just needed one more little push, so I gently nip one of her nipples with my teeth sending her over the edge as she cries out in both pain and pleasure.

I smile as a look of disbelief at what just happened crosses Keira's face, when Keira sees the smile, her face turns serious and she lets out a low lusty growl. Her alpha instinct demanding to take back control, but more than that she wanted payback. Keira rips the covers away from me and I brace myself for her sensual fury, but instead she slowly leans in and gives me a soft kiss on the lips and then begins tracing small kisses down my chin, neck, and chest. As she continues down to my navel, I finally realize what she's planning to do and I immediately feel my face go red.

"Stop!" I yelp.

Keira looks at me curiously, "What's wrong?"

With my face beet red, I can't bring myself to look Kiera in the eyes.

"Please don't." I say in a small voice.

Keira could sense my embarrassment and it seemed to excite her even more, her alpha instinct coming out in full force with the need to dominate me.

"Oh, why not?" She asks as she runs a finger up the length of my shaft causing me to shudder.

She knew why, but she wanted to hear me say it out loud.

"Because it's...it's too embarrassing." I reply while covering my face in embarrassment.

It must sound so stupid; a guy finding blowjobs embarrassing, not sure why but I just do. Even during my first time with Claire I found it too embarrassing to let her give me one.

"So, your saying I'm the only one who's had the pleasure of tasting you?"

My hands shoot to my sides, gripping the bed covers, as the breath of Keira's sultry words touch the bulbous tip of my manhood.

I struggle to get words out, "Yes, no, Keira I-!"

My words are lost as I gasp at the sensation of Keira tongue running up the length of my manhood. My eyes slam shut as I struggle to concentrate, I squirm as Keira begins peppering my manhood with small licks and kisses, but Keira and my own treacherous body keep me firmly in place. I should be in pain from the strain on my wound, but the dull ache is completely overwhelmed by the indescribable sensations Keira was subjecting me to.

"Caden, look at me. Look at me Caden." Keira demanded in a sultry tone.

Her voice was so hypnotic I couldn't resist; looking down, her eyes capture mine and I could see the ecstasy she felt having me at her mercy. Then I watched as she slowly enveloped the tip of my manhood between her soft warm lips.

My eyes slam shut and my head reels back as I hiss through clenched teeth, I could barely hold on as Keira continued to torture me with her sweet mouth. My legs were beginning to shake, it was getting to be too much. I reach out for Keira, but she lets out warning growl, the sensation of which causes my body to buck a bit.

"Keira...(pant) please, I can't." I strain to get the words out

But my words just seem to excite her even more, her movements becoming even more intense until finally I can't hold on anymore and I'm pushed over the edge, letting out a guttural yell. Keira doesn't stop until she's drunk every last bit of what I had to give, leaving me a whimpering mess.

Lightheaded and seeing stars, I cover my face with my hands utterly embarrassed by what just happened. I feel Keira lie down next to me, she leans in, her lips next to my ear.

"Delicious." She says in a sultry whisper.

I could feel my ears begin to burn, I could only imagine how red my face was, this simultaneously the most mortifying and erotic experience of my entire life. Sensing my conflicting emotions, Keira chuckles.

"Are you saying you didn't enjoy it?" Keira's tone was innocent enough, but I could hear the smile in her voice.

"No, I did, but somehow that makes it worse." I answer in a small voice.

I peek through my fingers and see Keira propped up on her elbow looking down at me with a smirk on her face that screamed, I win, and as strange as it was that's what it felt like too.

"You don't play fair." I say with a pout.

"You don't get what you want by playing fair." She says in a serious tone.

Keira lies down and drapes one arm over me pulling herself in close, careful to not agitate my wound. Feeling a bit calmer I uncover my face and put one arm underneath Keira letting her head rest on my shoulder.

Seeing my face Keira smiles, "That's better." She then leans in and gives me a peck on the cheek. "You know I love you, right?" She asks.

"I know, I love you too." I reply and give her a small peck on the lips.

And just like that we both drift off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of the bedroom door closing, looking around I see Keira is gone, I check the clock on the wall and see it's a little after midnight. Normally this wouldn't be that strange wolves, especially alphas, are usually up all throughout the night checking patrols, going over reports, or just lounging. But something was off, I couldn't put my finger on what, but something just didn't seem right. I decide to get up and change the dressings on my stab wound, knowing James he probably knew I was going to want to do it myself, so there's probably some stuff in the bathroom.

As I get up off the bed I wince in pain, the pills from earlier having worn off. I enter the bathroom and see bandages, gauze, and antibacterial cream sitting on the counter.

"Thank you, James." I say to myself.

After getting rid of the old dressings, I decide to check the wound myself, the stitches were expertly done I should be fine in about a week ten days tops. I carefully clean the wound and then let it dry, after that I put on the antibacterial and then a fresh bandage and gauze. I turn off the bathroom light and head for the bed when it hits me, lights, there are no lights outside. Usually there are some lights on indicating that someone was awake, but now looking through the window I see it's completely dark out. I put on some sweats and a t-shirt and take two more pain pills from the bottle on the nightstand. I then go to the closet and grab one of my silver daggers, just in case. I open the bedroom door and see nothing but darkness, I wait for my eyes to adjust before proceeding out into the hall.

Nothing, the house was completely empty, no lights no sound, nothing. I make my way to the stairs looking and listening for anything, a stray light or the sound of people, but I don't see or hear anything.

"Hello, is anybody there? Keira? Matty?" I call out.

Again nothing, I begin to panic, I start opening and checking every room, flipping on the lights and calling out, but still no answer. I'm in the bottom floor kitchen when I hear the front door open, I rush to the door praying to the goddess that it was Keira. My stab wound was starting to ache from the strain of me running, even with the pain pills I took. As I turn the corner, I'm about to call out Keira's name when I'm frozen at the sight of the person standing before me.

"Aspen?"

Hearing my voice, Aspen turns to me.

"Oh hi, you must be Caden. I've heard a lot of good things about you from Pete, nice to meet you."

Aspen holds out her hand and takes a step forward, but I immediately take a step back and ready my dagger, making her stop.

"I guess you heard about what happened at Pete's house." Aspen states, seemingly embarrassed.

"Did you do this, where is everyone, what have you done to them, tell me!" I yell, while taking a step forward, dagger ready.

This time it was Aspen who took a step back, raising her hands in the air.

"Woah there, I just got here. All I know is that I'm suppose to take you somewhere, show you something, and bring you back; that's it, honest." Aspen quickly answers.

I look into her eyes and I could see she was telling the truth; I lower my dagger but keep it ready.

"Ok." I tell her.

"Really? Just like that?" She responds, apparently surprised by my sudden compliance.

"I could tell you weren't lying, and let's not bullshit each other, you were able to hold your own against a werewolf at Pete's house. Meaning your strength and speed are far beyond that of a normal human, you could have probably just taken this dagger away from me and forced me to come with you." I state.

Aspen smiles, she puts her hands down and steps toward me, unafraid of the dagger I still had in my hand.

"True." She admitted, the innocent facade from a second ago completely gone.

Injured and alone meant I couldn't put up much of a fight anyway, besides, if she's working for someone then maybe that someone knows where Keira and the others are. It was my best move from a tactical standpoint.

"Wait here while I get some shoes on." I tell her as I make my way up the stairs.

"Still, given your mate's reputation, I'm surprised you gave in so easily." Aspen responded, sounding a bit disappointed.

I was a third of the way up the stairs when Aspen's words stop me. Looking back over my shoulder and see Aspen leaning against the front door; I quickly turn around, using the momentum to throw my dagger straight toward my target. The dagger pierces the door an inch away from Aspen's neck. Aspen stands there stunned, she slowly looks down at the dagger while her hand reflexively reaches for her throat.

"Let me be clear, I'm not giving in. I am allowing you to take me to wherever it is you need to take me. And given my mate's reputation, you'd do well to remember how she'll react if anything were to happen to me." I declare in a threatening tone.

Aspen lets out an audible gulp, "You might want to bring a jacket, it's a bit nippy out."

****************************************************************************************

If you enjoy my work please leave a like or leave a comment down below, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

Thank You For Reading!!!!!!

6